Cruise canceled on Dream

poohb17

What makes me mad is that I originally had the cruise on the 5th booked and decided to move the date up a few months. They charged me $150 ($50pp) to make the change and then a few days later they cancel the original cruise. Any chance I would have an argument to get that $150 as OBC for the cruise I rebooked? (Wishful thinking)

If it was only a few days, I would definitely argue it!

I, for one, will be thrilled to skip Cozumel, Belize or Freeport for a change to go to ports more exotic and less frequented.

Even though there is no such thing as a bad cruise,:D A bad day on a cruise is better than a good day a work :rolleyes:,

,,,I am to the point I normally don't get off the ship for those ports,,,, Oh and Mahogany Bay too.

Here is the information from another post

From John Heald's page:

So many of you asked for more longer cruises and I sent your request to the beards, here is their response.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES TO OFFER SERIES OF

UNIQUE LONGER LENGTH VOYAGES IN 2015-16

10- to 14-Day Voyages Depart from Seven U.S. Homeports on East and West Coasts, Gulf of Mexico, Visiting Destinations Throughout Caribbean, Bermuda and Mexican Riviera

MIAMI (December 5, 2014) – Carnival Cruise Lines will offer a series of unforgettable 10- to 14-day voyages on six different ships in 2015-16 that feature extended calls at magnificent destinations throughout the Caribbean, Bermuda, Mexican Riviera and The Bahamas.

Reservations opened today on 11 different voyages offered on Carnival Miracle, Carnival Dream, Carnival Glory and Carnival Sunshine which depart from five convenient U.S. homeports and visit more than two dozen tropical destinations, including less traveled ports like Bonaire, Martinique, Dominica, Grenada and, for the first time on a Carnival ship, Trinidad & Tobago. Several of the 10- and 11-day voyages can be combined into three-week-long Caribbean adventures providing an unmatched combination of breathtaking ports of call, amazing experiences ashore, and fun-filled sea days, all at an incredible value.

These new voyages are in addition to a previously announced series of nine 10- to 14-day departures to the Caribbean and Bermuda offered on Carnival Triumph and Carnival Pride in 2015-16.

“Based on feedback from our guests and travel agent partners, we’re delighted to offer these longer length voyages which provide vacationers an opportunity to visit some of the world’s most breathtaking destinations while enjoying all the wonderful on-board innovations and features found aboard Carnival’s ships,” said Terry Thornton, Carnival’s senior vice president of itinerary planning and revenue development.

The new voyages include:

Carnival Miracle

· Jan. 31- Feb. 12, 2015: 13-day Mexican Riviera voyage round-trip from Long Beach, Calif., calling at Cabo San Lucas (two-day call), La Paz, Mazatlán, Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Manzanillo, and Puerto Vallarta (overnight call).

Carnival Dream

· Oct. 4-15, 2015: 11-day Caribbean/Bermuda cruise from New Orleans to San Juan featuring Nassau, King’s Wharf, Bermuda (overnight call), St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

· Oct. 15-25, 2015: 10-day Caribbean cruise from San Juan to New Orleans with calls at St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, Grand Turk, and Falmouth, Jamaica (the above two cruises can be combined to create a 21-day round-trip voyage from New Orleans).

· Jan. 3-14, 2016: 11-day southern Caribbean cruise from New Orleans to San Juan with stops at Grand Turk, Aruba, Bonaire, St. Kitts, Antigua and St. Maarten.

· Jan. 14-25, 2016: a 10-day Caribbean cruise from San Juan to New Orleans calling at St. Thomas, Dominica, St. Kitts, Grand Turk and Falmouth (the above two cruises can be combined to create a 21-day round-trip voyage from New Orleans).

Carnival Glory

· Oct. 31–Nov. 13, 2015: 14-day Caribbean cruise round-trip from Miami visiting Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

· Jan. 23-Feb. 2, 2016: 10-day cruise from Miami to San Juan calling at the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Antigua, Martinique, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Thomas.

· Feb. 2-13, 2016: 11-day cruise from San Juan to Miami visiting St. Croix, St. Maarten, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, and Curacao (the above two cruises can be combined to create a 21-day round-trip voyage from Miami).

Carnival Sunshine

· Nov. 28-Dec. 2, 2015: 11-day Caribbean/Bahamas voyage from Port Canaveral, Fla., to San Juan visiting Grand Turk, St. Thomas, Tortola, St. Kitts, Dominica, St. Lucia, Antigua and St. Croix.

· Dec. 9-19, 2015: 10-day Caribbean cruise from San Juan to Port Canaveral featuring St. Thomas, Antigua, Dominica, Martinique, St. Croix, and Grand Turk (the above two cruises can be combined to create a 21-day voyage round-trip from Port Canaveral).

· Feb. 21-March 5, 2016: 13-day southern Caribbean cruise round-trip from Port Canaveral calling at St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Scarborough (Trinidad & Tobago), Grenada, Martinique, St. Kitts and St. Thomas.

Oh, really? In my cruise ticket contract, if I miss a port of call, I'm entitled to a refund of port charges/taxes/fees. Guess what that is considered? Trip interruption. In this case, the poster I quoted didn't believe he was entitled to any compensation. Carnival is extending a minuscule amount of onboard credit on a future cruise for this cancellation, to which this poster is entitled to receive.

If I go to work, I am entitled to pay and benefits. Yet that is as immaterial to this thread as you're statement that if you miss a port you are entitled to the port charges being returned. Would be nice if you could make a post that was actually relevant to the thread. If a cruise get's cancelled, you are entitled to nothing except the return of any deposit you may have been paid. Absolutely nothing else. you may get something else as a goodwill gesture but are entitled to nothing.

Even though there is no such thing as a bad cruise,:D A bad day on a cruise is better than a good day a work :rolleyes:,

,,,I am to the point I normally don't get off the ship for those ports,,,, Oh and Mahogany Bay too.

That is very true but having new, non-visited ports would be an nice change of pace.

If I go to work, I am entitled to pay and benefits. Yet that is as immaterial to this thread as you're statement that if you miss a port you are entitled to the port charges being returned. Would be nice if you could make a post that was actually relevant to the thread. If a cruise get's cancelled, you are entitled to nothing except the return of any deposit you may have been paid. Absolutely nothing else. you may get something else as a goodwill gesture but are entitled to nothing.

In the post you quoted, please review the portion stating "In this case, the poster I quoted didn't believe he was entitled to any compensation. Carnival is extending a minuscule amount of onboard credit on a future cruise for this cancellation, to which this poster is entitled to receive."

By Carnival stating he is eligible for it, he is entitled to receive it.

I like the idea of new stops and longer cruises but not that it means two different flights.....gets very expensive flying that way. Round trip same city always been cheaper.

Not always... based on yield management.

I like the idea of new stops and longer cruises but not that it means two different flights.....gets very expensive flying that way. Round trip same city always been cheaper.

We got some good one way flights in Nov on our Splendor cruise.

Austin to San Juan

FLL to Austin

I realize they can cost more depending on where you come from but thought ours were really good. Of course I booked as soon as they came out on Southwest.

My condolences to all those affected by these cruise cancellations.

I have a group of 35 booked on the Dream in July. Do you think there may be more cancellations?

I'd hate for us to start arranging flights and hotels and then bam get cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While I think it is good that Carnival has added longer cruises. I am having a very difficult time understanding why they did it at the expense of those who already planned and booked a cruise. This is wrong!

I don't understand why they did not wait to add the new cruises when new schedules were published, not in place of already scheduled ones.

Technically, it is not a repositioning cruise. It is an open loop cruise. However, being a one way transit, many passengers and crew think of it being a repositioning cruise as the port of disembarkation differs. They can do a one way transit from ANY port, providing they are in line with local cabotage laws. San Juan is exempt from the Passenger Vessel Services Act, meaning a distant foreign port of call is not required. However, if it returned to a different port of disembarkation on the following segment, it would only be legal for a B2B if a distant foreign port is visited.

To be more correct, it's because they are stopping at one of the ABC islands (aruba, Bonaire, curaçao).

The Triumph isn't a repo cruise. It is part of a 11 day from Galveston to San Juan and then a 10 day return from San Juan to Galveston. They are doing this 3 times. Maybe they have something like this in the works for the Dream. Seems like they could do this from New Orleans since they are doing it from Galveston.
Technically, it is not a repositioning cruise. It is an open loop cruise. However, being a one way transit, many passengers and crew think of it being a repositioning cruise as the port of disembarkation differs. They can do a one way transit from ANY port, providing they are in line with local cabotage laws. San Juan is exempt from the Passenger Vessel Services Act, meaning a distant foreign port of call is not required. However, if it returned to a different port of disembarkation on the following segment, it would only be legal for a B2B if a distant foreign port is visited.
To be more correct, it's because they are stopping at one of the ABC islands (aruba, Bonaire, curaçao).

To further the accuracy, San Juan is exempt from the Passenger Vessel Services Act. Although the ports you mentioned are considered distant foreign ports and a few repositioning cruises on the Carnival Triumph are stopping at them to improve variety, not all are. As can be seen from the screenshot below, these sailings are one way transits from San Juan to Galveston and DO NOT stop at a DISTANT foreign port.

8f43c4538deab59e149fdfd92f345ce2.png

Edited by Baymax

We haven't received an email yet, but our cruise is on the Dream for Oct 4th. It won't be easy to find another cruise that about 20 people agree on both stops, price, and dates. But I guess that is what we get to do now.

Hopefully I am not speaking too soon, but they have already announced some new itineraries for the Dream that are "open loop" if you will... New Orleans to San Juan and then San Juan to New Orleans, several times. Maybe they are done cancelling cruises on the Dream ... my cruise in January 2016 having been one of the cancelled ones unfortunately.

it's about time Carnival had these longer itineraries. These will likely be a test to see how good or bad they sell. If successful, they'll keep them around.

The 11 day on the Dream on Jan. 14, 2016 would be my pick. Or I'd love to go out West again and do the 13 day on the Miracle.

Edited by toad455

A group of 30 of us were booked on the Dream and was canceled so we ended up moving to the magic and different itinerary in order to keep the same dates due to kids and there fall break. I know it's still far out but it was a mess and all we got was 50.00pp for the inconvenience, we've never had this happen and we've be cruising for some time now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A group of 30 of us were booked on the Dream and was canceled so we ended up moving to the magic and different itinerary in order to keep the same dates due to kids and there fall break. I know it's still far out but it was a mess and all we got was 50.00pp for the inconvenience, we've never had this happen and we've be cruising for some time now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It happens all the time. You've just never been affected.