Aloha~! A Photo Trip Report of the POA - 10/11/14

Miicah

Miicah was the suite you had a connecting one to another stateroom? If so did you hear any noise that bothered you. I am hoping to be able to upgrade or buy up to a SG suite and I see most have connecting rooms. Hurray back we miss you hope they aren't working you to death at work.:(

Miicah was the suite you had a connecting one to another stateroom? If so did you hear any noise that bothered you. I am hoping to be able to upgrade or buy up to a SG suite and I see most have connecting rooms. Hurray back we miss you hope they aren't working you to death at work.:(

We just got off the POA today and we had Suite 13506. It did have a connecting door, however we did not hear any noise from the next suite.

While on the HUGE balcony, you could hear every detail of your neighbors conversations, though...:p

So as not to hijack this thread, I will post on the main boards if you have any other questions.

You are welcome to comment. We are happy to have your input. I just booked POA for Jan 16, 2016. (About 30 minutes ago) booked 6 couples in aft balconies on deck 10. I'm so excited to be cruising again with good friends in Hawaii. [emoji3]

Hey everyone, sorry for the long delay again! I see that my pictures are out again-- did they show after the cycle restarted? I wasn't able to check. :( I wish I could go back and edit them! Sorry for the inconvenience! Next cycle starts again next Friday again.

Glad you are back. The cute church your mom was in is called the Painted Church (St. Benedict Roman Catholic Church) and is very near the Place of Refuge (Pu`uhonua O Hōnaunau National Historical Park).

Thank you! It's nice to put a name to something, especially so people can learn more about it! ^_^

Glad you're back Miicah, photos are great (I have the same camera and love it too :) )...do you remember what the snorkelling tour was in Kona.

Miicah, where are you....waiting on the rest of your review :)

Thank you! It is an awesome camera, right? So cool that you have it, too! The snorkeling tour that I did through NCL was the "Big Island Snorkel" excursion. Sorry for the delay! Another update is coming up soon!

Edited by Miicah

So happy to see that you've continued with your trip report!:)

Thank you for continuing to read it! Sorry for the hiatus again!

I know I am late to the party, and I am enjoying the review, but for some reason I can't see any of the pics. Really bummed! :confused:

Oh, that explains it! I will have to go back and check out the pics tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Haha, welcome! Never too late :D I hope you were able to see them then!

Edited by Miicah

Thank you so much for this review! I booked on Saturday for Jan. 2, 2016, so I am now in the fun research phase! I can't wait for all your pics to reload!

Lauren

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi there! Thank you so much for reading! Haha, I understand that fun research phase, I'm about to enter it again myself, haha. I hope you were able to see the pictures before they went out again.

Thanks for everything Micah.

You are quite a celebrity now. :D

Patti

Thank you so much Patti! Haha, I don't know about that :p But I sure am getting a lot of traffic nowadays. I remember when I could always see my pictures, haha.

I'm so glad you are back. I can't wait til Friday to go back to the beginning of your voyage on board POA! :)

Thank you! I sure hope they were able to load back on February 6th.

I only found this review recently too and wondered why I couldn't see the photos. So glad you explained and continued on. I'm hoping to do this cruise on 8 August 2015 if the price drops a bit more. Best I've seen is $899 for an inside cabin up to 6 weeks before departure and its currently around $1499 for the date I want. Not sure if I can hold out that much longer after reading all your wonderful experiences. Thanks for all the helpful details and great pics. (I can see them now)

I'm so sorry about the photo issue, but glad that you're still enjoying the review and that you were able to see them all once the new cycle started :) Yeah, the prices for this cruise are insane, but I do hope you're able to go, especially since I'm partially guilty getting you all excited for it, haha!

We keep on waiting (waiting)

waiting on micah to post...ahem I mean "the world to change". :p

Haha, yay, I got turned into a song lyric :p Sorry for another delay! Another update will happen shorty!

We will be in Hawaii in 2 weeks, had hoped to have read the whole review by now. Our cruise starts 2-28.

Oh, I'm terribly sorry :( I hope I make it if you haven't left yet!

Sorry for the late reply, though it looks like jvsnana was able to help you! As jvsnana mentioned, yes, it is a connecting room but no, couldn't hear anything from the inside. The outside is a different story, though, haha.

There just isn't enough hours in a day! But I am so close to finishing this, I hope I can bust it out over the weekend. *fingers crossed*

We just got off the POA today and we had Suite 13506. It did have a connecting door, however we did not hear any noise from the next suite.

While on the HUGE balcony, you could hear every detail of your neighbors conversations, though...:p

So as not to hijack this thread, I will post on the main boards if you have any other questions.

Hi there! You weren't hijacking anything at all! Thank you for your input, it definitely was appreciated! How did you like the suite? Pretty sweet, yes? :p Hope you enjoyed your trip!

You are welcome to comment. We are happy to have your input. I just booked POA for Jan 16, 2016. (About 30 minutes ago) booked 6 couples in aft balconies on deck 10. I'm so excited to be cruising again with good friends in Hawaii. [emoji3]

Yay for booking the POA! You guys will have an awesome time!

We saw all what a night on the NCL Pearl..Loved them

Are they on other ships? That's awesome! They sure are talented people, wonderful voices.

Day 13 – 10/16/14 – Kauai, Day 1

The approach into the pier in Kauai was a somber, bittersweet one, and the sky reflected that for a better part of the morning with the overcast—we were told that a hurricane was approaching the Big Island of Hawai’i and was going to make its way up through the islands and probably through our path back to Honolulu. To beat the storm, it was decided that we would head back to Oahu early, leaving Kauai at 6AM instead of 2PM and skipping the sail by of the Na Pali Coast.

Any excursions through the ship were going to be credited back to your account—a total bummer because I was supposed to go zip-lining on Friday…though in hindsight now I think I could’ve tried to book it for one of the afternoon trips on Thursday but alas. They said that we were allowed to stay on the ship until our regular disembarkation time on Saturday so we didn’t have to scramble to try and find hotel rooms, though you were also free to leave if you chose to. There was a little bulletin board up by Guest Services with the latest news and numbers of the different airlines and whatnot.

It certainly left us a lot to think about—if we were going to be stranded if our flight was cancelled, would one natural disaster cancel out the other, the hurricane versus the lava flow (that poor island couldn’t catch a break, could it?). We tried our best to enjoy the one day we did have in Kauai with this information swirling around in our minds.

The view from our balcony.

Post_1_Picture_1.jpg

Post_1_Picture_2.jpg

Post_1_Picture_3.jpg

Today we had breakfast at Cagney’s again. I think I liked the little fruit and bread table they had more than what was on their menus, haha.

Post_1_Picture_4.jpg

I ordered the pancakes again, this time asking for two instead of three since I learned I couldn’t finish three last time. Unfortunately I wasn’t even able to finish one because looking at all the food my mom had literally made me full.

Post_1_Picture_5.jpg

She ordered French toast on the side thinking it was going to be those regular square shaped ones and it came as like two cake slice-sized ones. She took up like half the table with all her food, just looking at it made me feel nauseous haha

Post_2_Picture_1.jpg

Post_2_Picture_2.jpg

I took some pictures from both port side and starboard side before my mom and I went our separate ways.

Post_2_Picture_3.jpg

Post_2_Picture_4.jpg

Post_2_Picture_5.jpg

Today my mom was going to Waimea Canyon and Fern Grotto Tour with Roberts Hawaii Tours, which I booked through Adventure Maui—it was cheaper than same the option the cruiseline was offering. I disliked the fact that it was on one of those huge tour buses but I guess it couldn’t be helped with the popularity of it all. I’d like to do this tour myself if I ever make it back to Kauai, and I’d definitely try to find a smaller tour group if I could.

Post_4_Picture_1.jpg

Post_4_Picture_2.jpg

Post_4_Picture_3.jpg

Post_4_Picture_4.jpg

Post_4_Picture_5.jpg

I came back from my excursion earlier than her and I was surprised to find her walking into the cabin at around lunch time. My mom was telling me how the people mixed full day passengers with half day ones (i.e. those not doing the Fern Grotto portion) and so they had to come back to pier and drop those guys off, and the full day people were told to grab lunch on the ship and head back out to catch the bus to the second portion of their tour.

I know the e-mail stated that time is allotted for lunch (though not paid for), but I didn’t think that meant a quick stop over back at the ship before rushing out to meant the bus again. I wonder if they didn’t have half-day passengers on board if they would’ve found a place along the route instead.

Since she didn’t have a lot of time we had lunch at the Aloha Café before she was off again.

Post_8_Picture_1.jpg

Post_8_Picture_2.jpg

Post_8_Picture_3.jpg

Post_8_Picture_4.jpg

Post_8_Picture_5.jpg

Post_8_Picture_6.jpg