Hydro pool/Thermal Suite Vista vs SOE updated ships

robertmartha

Having sailed on the Zuiderdam and the Oosterdam and thoroughly enjoyed the Hydro Pool and Thermal suites on those ships - was wondering if anyone can comment / compare those to the ones added to the R and S class ships. If you have utilized the facilities on both ships that would be great - please tell all! From the photos on the HAL site - the Hydro pool added in the R and S class ships appears to be more like an oversized hot tub vs the hydro pool on the vista class ships, and do they have those wonderful heated lounge chairs. I can say I fell asleep on them several times last week on the "big O" in Alaska!

thanks all

I believe they have the heated ceramic couches in the thermal suite on the upgraded ships. I fell asleep every day on one of them while on the Zuiderdam last May. That was my "therapy" during the trip, at least an hour or two a day in the thermal pool and suite.

Having sailed on the Zuiderdam and the Oosterdam and thoroughly enjoyed the Hydro Pool and Thermal suites on those ships - was wondering if anyone can comment / compare those to the ones added to the R and S class ships. If you have utilized the facilities on both ships that would be great - please tell all! From the photos on the HAL site - the Hydro pool added in the R and S class ships appears to be more like an oversized hot tub vs the hydro pool on the vista class ships, and do they have those wonderful heated lounge chairs. I can say I fell asleep on them several times last week on the "big O" in Alaska!

thanks all

We were on the Ryndam right after she finished her Signature of Excellence. I actually liked the Green House Spa better on the Ryndam than the Vista Class ships. Yes, it is like a huge Hot Tub/Jacuzzi but so is the ones on the Vista Class IMO. I liked that everything was in one room on the Ryndam and it was so much more relaxing than having to go to another room for the Hydrotheropy pool. Here are some pictures we took of the Ryndam I am sure it is the same for the rest of the R and S class ships with the remodel.

http://community.webshots.com/album/220062986gmCYIZ/0

Lisa

Thanks for the link.

SO the hot tub/lounge chairs, ceramic heated chairs and sauna rooms (are they like the 3 on vista) are all in the same room? I agree with the vista trecking from the hydro pool to the thermal suite is silly - walking thru the hall and hall.

Bob

Yes the heated ceramic chairs are just like the ones on the Vista Class. I think it is slightly nicer because the room seems more open and you can watch the oceam much better. It is also so muc easier to go form the Hydro pool to the steam sauna to the chair or to the scented showers. No moving from room to room. I think that is a pain on the Vista Class. I got so on the Westerdam I did not even bother with the Hydrotheropy pool, too much of a bother to get up and go into that room.

I'll be on her next month and want to spend time in there as well. I really loved it on the Zuiderdam.

Lisa

Thanks so much - we are looking at the Statendam for next summer and spending some time in the thermal suite is definately on the agenda for the wife and I.

TAHNKS!

JoyAnn

Please promise to post your experience. Did you use the thermal suite and the hydro pool on the Z? If so you can give an accurate comparison review of the facilities. My wife and I spent at least an hour + per day in them on both the O and Z, so looking forward to them on the Statendam.

Thanks JoyAnn - a great cruise to you!

Yes, we used the full thermal suite (including the pool) on the Zuiderdam, at least an hour to two hours per day for 6 days. I'll be happy to write a comparison between the two when I get back from my cruise in October.

JoyAnn

Please promise to post your experience. Did you use the thermal suite and the hydro pool on the Z? If so you can give an accurate comparison review of the facilities. My wife and I spent at least an hour + per day in them on both the O and Z, so looking forward to them on the Statendam.

Thanks JoyAnn - a great cruise to you!

The thermal suite on the oosterdam and Zuid contained a hot and wet suana and a third that was described more as a turkish bath, aromatic showers and heated ceramic lounge chairs that overlook the ocean (they are amazing). The suite with the hydro pool is wonderful

Archived