First ever RCI trip queries.

RubyGold

Hi there, I booked some time ago to do a short trip out of Southampton on the Explorer. I called up to pay today as couldn't make heads nor tails of the online site and where to make a payment.

Anyway, lovely chap I spoke to, and without a word from myself he changed our promotion we're booked under to include the free drinks package and gratuities. Like I said, lovely chap. Now, my only issue is this...... will Royal actually pay my gratuities for me or will the staff go without? I like to pre-pay gratuities due to all the people who I do not see and would otherwise not think of handing cash to.

If I have a lovely server or steward, then they can expect something nice from me, but what about everyone else who I may not see in person?

I'm terribly British in that I hate these akward and embarrassing situations.

If RCI gave you a promotion that included gratuities it will be taken care of. I would not worry about it. If RCI was not following through I am sure the staff would be up in arms about it.

Edited by Ocean Boy

The suggested tips or pre-paid tips will cover your cabin steward, waiter, ass't. waiter and head waiter. Bartenders are covered by the 15% they add to each bar tab.

Room derive delivery is NOT covered, so plan on tipping $1-5 depending on how much the kitchen staff has to carry to you...IF you use room service!

It is not necessary to hand tips to everyone you come into contact with!!!!

Edited by cb at sea

Hi there, I booked some time ago to do a short trip out of Southampton on the Explorer. I called up to pay today as couldn't make heads nor tails of the online site and where to make a payment.

Anyway, lovely chap I spoke to, and without a word from myself he changed our promotion we're booked under to include the free drinks package and gratuities. Like I said, lovely chap. Now, my only issue is this...... will Royal actually pay my gratuities for me or will the staff go without? I like to pre-pay gratuities due to all the people who I do not see and would otherwise not think of handing cash to.

If I have a lovely server or steward, then they can expect something nice from me, but what about everyone else who I may not see in person?

I'm terribly British in that I hate these akward and embarrassing situations.

no worries the staff will get their just due.