A question for those who have cruised the Quantum from Bayonne

We were at Cape Liberty before 9:30AM. Luggage was tagged and we checked in, went through security and waited about an hour and a half before we started boarding! We felt it was better to sit in the terminal than to be pacing the floors at home..

I agree. You never know what is going to happen with traffic when driving from Long Island. Someone with a flat tire can easily cause an hour delay. If there is an accident, forget about it. I'd rather sit in the terminal for a couple of hours and relax.

The time that boarding will actually begin pretty much depends on how quickly they can clear the ship of the previous sailing's passengers, but I think that the check-in times shown on the set sail passes are primarily intended to space out arrivals to make the boarding process move more smoothly and arriving before the printed time won't prevent you from boarding before that time. We arrived at approximately 10:35 and were checked in, through security and onboard the ship in less than 10 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
We were there at 11:30 am and the terminal was already packed and lines long. I think you can get on much earlier. Which is amazing because we didn't disembark until after 9:30 so they really turn the ship around quickly.

We were there at 11 lines were long, actually no lines, should say gang of confused crowd was large.

George in NY

Edited by Georgeny

I go late, no lines, no wait. Right on board and right to the room. I try to avoid the mass gathering in the windjammer between 11-2pm. I usually checkin around 2:30-3pm.

Edited by Moltar

I go late, no lines, no wait. Right on board and right to the room. I try to avoid the mass gathering in the windjammer between 11-2pm. I usually checkin around 2:30-3pm.

I think this makes sense but when people are driving several hours to reach port, you tend to plan for worse case and thus arrive early if traffic is not bad. Nobody wants to miss their cruise.

I do like it when I can go right to our cabin immediately after boarding.

We are leaving on Quantum Jan. 11th. We are flying in the day before and taking a cab to the port from our hotel. I plan to arrive to port around noon to 12:30. Sleep in, enjoy a relaxed breakfast, enjoy the ambiance of Newark. Well, maybe not the last one. :) Then head to port after the departing passengers have left. With this size ship, I assume wait times to get checked in no matter what. We shall see.

I think this makes sense but when people are driving several hours to reach port, you tend to plan for worse case and thus arrive early if traffic is not bad. Nobody wants to miss their cruise.

I do like it when I can go right to our cabin immediately after boarding.

We are leaving on Quantum Jan. 11th. We are flying in the day before and taking a cab to the port from our hotel. I plan to arrive to port around noon to 12:30. Sleep in, enjoy a relaxed breakfast, enjoy the ambiance of Newark. Well, maybe not the last one. :) Then head to port after the departing passengers have left. With this size ship, I assume wait times to get checked in no matter what. We shall see.

I understand completely and would do the same if I am unfamiliar with the route and traffic. Please post when you come back about your experience on the Quantum.