Anytime or Traditional Dining on Regal Princess?

Museofthesoul22

Question for everyone, my DW and I haven't cruised in a while, I am torn about Anytime vs. Traditional Dining. We will most likely want to see shows during our time on the ship so I am guessing early seating. Also, we want a table for 2 as we don't really want to eat and wait on others to finish before moving on.

What's the pros and cons of anytime vs trad? I currently have Traditional for 6pm confirmed with a request for a table for 2. Are you more likely to get a table for 2 in Anytime? Also, I know the ship is leaving St. Thomas and St. Maarten at 6pm, so is it a bummer to be going into the dining room at this time?

We had ATD on Regal last week and unlike you we prefer to eat late, 7 PM+. In any event the Concerto Dining Room which is all ATD, other than the first night never appeared to have any noticeable wait. We did make a reservation some time during each day and breezed right in, including the first night. There are a great deal of tables for 2 in the Concerto. I think you would find it much more convenient.

Table for 2 in Traditional early seating has worked well for us.

FYI we had a table for 6 last cruise and because of the show times we never missed the Princess Theater show ...some nights was 8:15 and other nights 8:45 with a 7:15 first show.

The ships seem to be having just one main show vs the one in the Princess Theater and one in Vista Lounge (Club Fusion or what every rear lounge is named on the ship) like they had for years.

We used to go to the Anytime dining room but about a year ago things change and we found on some ships we had to go as early as 5:15 to get a table for 2 (even though posted opening time was 5:30). You can reserve on the "dine line" but that often requires a very long wait with lots of busy signals only to be told "no tables for 2 @ that time but 8:00 pm is available".

This has resulted in back to Traditional where we can eat at a "decent" time to fit our eating habits without all of the hassle ATD has become.

Edited by BJS

Our last three cruises have been out of Port Canaveral , due to the time it takes us to drive there...........which is not much.

So we have not been on Princess since New Year of 2012. We did have ATD then. We usually ask for a table for two. Usually get one on other lines. But on Princess, we were always told to wait. So we always said just seat us now. We wound up sitting at tables of six every single night. And every single night, the people at the table stayed for coffee and a little plate of desert cookies after dinner. Then we would run into them on the ship. See a familiar face. Lovely.

This time, for the cruise we have booked in March, we are again requesting ATD.

The passengers on Princess....are one of the nicest things about a cruise on Princess, we discovered.

For real. I enjoyed every one of those dinners. Pleasant people to the max. Many from Canada. I loved talking to them. Just my view. And a high compliment to Princess and the folks who cruise there. From the heart.

Edited by AmberTeka

I thought about the same thing as well, and have booked first traditional seating on Regal for 2016-I was told it will be 530pm and it is confirmed. The shows appear to be around 830 and 1030pm and I believe there may be 3 shows.

we have done ATD and both traditional times and prefer first seat traditional-it gives us time to see the second show-eat again in Horizon later on or Trident grille:p or Int'l cafe ;) and gives us flexibility if we choose to go to crn grille-we just let them know we will not be there that evening.