New owner

Dgshooter

I'll echo the sentiment about dividends and OBC, we've made over $700 this yeat between the two on a 100 share investment. Just wish everything else did so well.

(Just don't ask what we spent on cruises, that would kind of spoil it)

Edited by idlenote
clarity

I was not pointing out that it was a bad investment, but that dividens on 100 shares would not buy a new pair of shoes. I thought it was a fun thing to notice to a fun post of the OP.

I got it. And I appreciate your sense of humor.

Just purchased 100 shares of CCL stock.

Everyone book a cruise for next year and encourage your friends to do the same. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes 😄.

Attention all Carnival Cruise Line fans. Please direct all questions, complaints, and ideas to this guy. 😀

Just purchased 100 shares of CCL stock.

Everyone book a cruise for next year and encourage your friends to do the same. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes 😄.

You're joking but its really not a bad investment so far for me. I purchased 100 shares in April. Since then the value of my stock has increased almost 12 percent + I have received $100 in on board credit and will receive an additional $100 in on board credit for my cruise in January. This makes my actual profit more like almost 17 percent. And there's no capital gains tax for the onboard credit! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Based on the last 12 months performance, you sort of bought at the top.

You never know. I sold RCL a while back for 40 something and planned to wait for it to go back down. Now it's in the 70's. I agree Carnival has had a nice run and maybe OP missed the boat (pun intended) but if he is a frequent cruiser he'll still get something back.