RCCL Liberty vs Breakaway to Bermuda

Hodad1

Planning September cruise to Bermuda. Had previous great experience on BA a few months ago but noticed RCCL Liberty will be replacing Explorer in '15 from Bayonne for NYC-Bermuda. BA is a little more expensive, but is a 7 days vs 5 for the Liberty. And I liked 3 days in port. Aside from price,what are some good reasons to go with RCCL?

Planning September cruise to Bermuda. Had previous great experience on BA a few months ago but noticed RCCL Liberty will be replacing Explorer in '15 from Bayonne for NYC-Bermuda. BA is a little more expensive, but is a 7 days vs 5 for the Liberty. And I liked 3 days in port. Aside from price,what are some good reasons to go with RCCL?

I wouldn't do the 5 night over the 7 night period, assuming cost / limited time isn't an issue. That would make the decision for me.

That said, I've done both Breakaway and Liberty and Liberty's advantages are as follows to answer your questions:

-More pool space;

-More deck space;

-Nice big Royal Promenade / more grand, wide-open spaces inside the ship period;

-Adults only solarium area with pool (not just a water feature like on Breakaway).

-Different dining -- depends on whether you view traditional dining (versus Freestyle) as a plus or minus.

Those are a few off the top of my head, hope that helps. We had a great time on the Breakaway and thought the entertainment was outstanding, but the ship is generally a bit more cramped than Liberty.

Thanks for the advice on this. The Breakaway entertainment was fantastic. How does the Liberty compare?

Entertainment on RCI is excellent too. Liberty is actually a larger ship than Breakaway and has lots to offer as well. I really enjoyed both ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks for the advice on this. The Breakaway entertainment was fantastic. How does the Liberty compare?

The entertainment on Liberty is one of the best at sea. The headliner show is a 90 minute Broadway production of Saturday Night Fever and it is excellent. Also excellent, and unique to Royal Caribbean, is the ice skating show (Encore - An Ice Spectacular) in Liberty's ice rink. Do some YouTube seraching of that show and you'll see for yourself.

That all said, it's hard to justify a 5 night cruise over a 7 nighter on a brand new ship, even though I almost always recommend RCI over NCL.

Edited by Aquahound