FOS 12/7 adjusted Port Times

olszie

These were our adjusted port times that we were given when we checked-in at the port. Everyone needed to be back on board 30 minutes prior to listed departure time.

Tues Labadee 10:15am - 4 pm

Wed Falmouth 10:45am - 6pm

Thurs Grand Cayman 7:30am - 2:30pm

Fri Cozumel 10am - 4:30 pm

The last tender in Grand Cayman was 1:45. There were a few people on our sailing who had booked independent tours in the Caymans that were not getting back until 2pm. They were at the excursions desk trying to get phone numbers for the tour operators and were mad at RCCL for not having the contact information for these independent tours.

I hope this helps if you are planning to go it on your own.

I was on this sailing and the actual times in port were even shorter than listed for Labadee. I was one of he first people off the ship there due to an excursion, and it was 10:45 when I walked off the ship. That port was shortened, too because of weather. I think we left there around 3:15?

I was on this sailing and the actual times in port were even shorter than listed for Labadee. I was one of he first people off the ship there due to an excursion, and it was 10:45 when I walked off the ship. That port was shortened, too because of weather. I think we left there around 3:15?

Yes we were all called back on board about 2:30 because 2 mooring lines snapped. It made for one very short day.

These were our adjusted port times that we were given when we checked-in at the port. Everyone needed to be back on board 30 minutes prior to listed departure time.

Tues Labadee 10:15am - 4 pm

Wed Falmouth 10:45am - 6pm

Thurs Grand Cayman 7:30am - 2:30pm

Fri Cozumel 10am - 4:30 pm

The last tender in Grand Cayman was 1:45. There were a few people on our sailing who had booked independent tours in the Caymans that were not getting back until 2pm. They were at the excursions desk trying to get phone numbers for the tour operators and were mad at RCCL for not having the contact information for these independent tours.

I hope this helps if you are planning to go it on your own.

Good post. While I do prefer independent tour operators in most cases, I do recognize that I do so and the reservations are my responsibility. This does point out what I consider to be the last benefit of using Royal for excursions.

they didnt start letting people off for Grand Cayman until 8:30

The shorter pork times were a joke, this was the last time we will sail RCCL. They knowingly took a broken ship to sea

ANY cruise line will knowingly take a "broken ship to sea" when only one out of three azipods are not working. :rolleyes:

Edited by ryano

they didnt start letting people off for Grand Cayman until 8:30

That doesn't surprise me and it's just another reason why I stayed on the ship that day...with the last tender back to the ship at 1:45 it didn't make sense to fight the crowds and tender lines for a few hours at a beach or shopping.

ANY cruise line will knowingly take a "broken ship to sea" when only one out of three azipods are not working. :rolleyes:

I dont think any cruise line would. It would be like an airline flying a 747 with 3 out of 4 engines working and its still able to fly. That still has a 75% working rate where 66% of the propulsion was working on Freedom