Poor service on QM2

Duncansmith

Are you not surprised that when I asked how to get to the airport, they said "I don't know"

I have now idea of how to get to the airport of Manila. Am I dumb?

Btw. I'm sitting in the priority waiting area of the Ocean Terminal - everything is as it used to be. Only the security check area has doubled in space. I used the luggage tags from the booklet.

Cunard had sent a limo to Heathrow so we were here within 1.5 hrs. Airport transfer is perfectly arranged.

All,

We recently took our first ever trip on a cruise ship, sailing Southampton to Hamburg.

We received no information other than a receipt, but we worked out where to go, and got to our bunk, a Q3 cabin, which was nice.

However, when we arrived in Hamburg, we had to take a flight home. We were given the flight times, but that was it.

I approached, therefore, the Purser's office, to ask where the Airport was, and was simply told "I don't know, Ive never been to Hamburg".

So I asked if there were transfers included in our trip (the receipt didn't make this clear at all); we paid the 'Cunard' fare.

Again, I was simply told "I don't know, but I do know there's a strike on the public transport system, so good luck".

I had enough, left the ship, walked to the train station, where, contrary to what we had been told, there were trains running.

I must say, I think it is very poor that Cunard don't tell give people information about getting to the airport at the ports they visit.

Was this, perhaps, a one off, or am I expecting too much that they render assistance about the trip home.

I should add, I have complained to Cunard. They acknowledged receipt, said they would respond in 28 days, but needless to say, that deadline has come and gone over a week ago, without response.

Here we go again.......

Here we go again.......

Reminds me of a post about a year or so ago where the person claimed to have spent 10 days with a QG penthouse but the food, at every meal, "always arrived cold". A one-post wonder who didn't come back to answer if they had complained to Maitre D' or head waiter about it.

PARTIAL QUOTE

Reminded me of this...

...conversation occurred in the 1950s between the Tempelhof ATC and a departing BEA pilot who was having trouble following his taxiing directions. The ATC finally snapped at him impatiently, "Vat iz the matter wit you? Have you never to Berlin before been?" To which the British pilot replied, "Oh yes, dozens of times old boy, but it was dark and we never actually landed you see."

I told my daughter, who is an ATC, about this conversation and she said that joke has been going around for years! What is old, is new!

I told my daughter, who is an ATC, about this conversation and she said that joke has been going around for years! What is old, is new!

Indeed, and what I always found remarkable is that, while getting amused about some people's accent when they speak English, most of them do not master any other than their own language :D.

Indeed, and what I always found remarkable is that, while getting amused about some people's accent when they speak English, most of them do not master any other than their own language :D.

Another OBG (oldie but goodie) is:

Someone who speaks many languages: multi-lingual.

Someone who speaks 2 languages: bi-lingual.

Someone who speaks one language: American.

France or Hilton? LOL!

Paris in France is wonderful. QE may not go to Amsterdam today due to wind conditions. We'll see in the morning whre we are then...

Verandah bookings aren't taken, phones not answered.

Paris in France is wonderful. QE may not go to Amsterdam today due to wind conditions. We'll see in the morning whre we are then...

Verandah bookings aren't taken, phones not answered.

Hi cunardaddict. best wishes on your voyage. I hope that the weather improves and that all can enjoy a happy holiday season.

Hanukkah Sameach! And a very happy Christmas - Salacia

Edited by Salacia

Hi cunardaddict. best wishes on your voyage. I hope that the weather improves and that all can enjoy a happy holiday season.

Hanukkah Sameach! And a very happy Christmas - Salacia

Thank You. QE is almost where we were at midnight. Just before entering the Ij Captain Clark decide to turn the ship heading south now. We'll get the news by 8.00 am.

Keep you updated.

Thank You. QE is almost where we were at midnight. Just before entering the Ij Captain Clark decide to turn the ship heading south now. We'll get the news by 8.00 am.

Keep you updated.

Thanks for the update, Cunardaddict. I've been watching the ship's webcam, and couldn't figure out what was happening - although the Cunard website says you are currently docked in Amsterdam (ships time: 06:52), it certainly doesn't look like the ship is docked. Regards, -S.

Edited by Salacia

Indeed, I heard it many years ago - but the characters were different. When I heard it, it was an ex-Luftwaffe pilot looking to land at a London airport.