Dinner questions for Allure

Bertiep

We are a first time cruising family ( 11 and 6 year old)on the Allure EC 4 jan. this site has a wealth of info- almost overwhelming - i do have a few questions re dinner.

we have 6 pm sitting in MDR

my questions are:

1. how do we find out which nights are the formal night as we pref don't want to dress up. would the kids also need to be very smart?

2.i assume that for specialty restaurants formal nights don't apply?

3. if we decide on the day that don't want to attend MDR do you need to let someone know a certain period of time before dinner?

4. we have 1 show booked for 7.15pm - i assume that this will be tight from a time perspective?

5. can the kids eat and go there on way during dinner? can kids eat the kids club if wife and i wanted a quite dinner\ specialty dinner ?

Thanks in advance

Formal nights are nights 2 and 6 on the Eastern itinerary.

I like to let the waiter know when we are skipping dinner.

I think a 7:15pm show would be uncomfortably tight, but possible for 6pm seating. Talk to your waiter about it, preferably the night before. You've got a long way to go to get to the theater, plus you want to be there early enough to have a good selection of seats. For me, that would mean leaving the dining room at 6:45pm. I'd rather do Windjammer or some other venue that night.

Edited by clarea

We are a first time cruising family ( 11 and 6 year old)on the Allure EC 4 jan. this site has a wealth of info- almost overwhelming - i do have a few questions re dinner.

my questions are:

1. how do we find out which nights are the formal night as we pref don't want to dress up. would the kids also need to be very smart?

3. if we decide on the day that don't want to attend MDR do you need to let someone know a certain period of time before dinner?

4. we have 1 show booked for 7.15pm - i assume that this will be tight from a time perspective?

5. can the kids eat and go there on way during dinner? can kids eat the kids club if wife and i wanted a quite dinner\ specialty dinner ?

Thanks in advance

No one is "required" to dress up. If you go, it's nice if you do. Yes, kids should be dressed better too, but again it's not a requirement.

Specialty restaurants are not formal. They are a good alternative on Formal Night if you'd prefer to not go to the MDR.

We also tell the waiters that we are not coming on any night if we know ahead, but it is not required. It is a nice thing to do. But I wouldn't worry about it if you make the decision on day of dining.

Anyone can leave the dining room anytime they like. Not sure I'd let my 6 year old walk out on his or her own, but that's just me. Never used the kids club, but I suspect that kids cannot eat there. You can feed them early in the Windjammer or even room service, then take them back while you are at dinner. But again, that is only my suspicion, I have never had kids on a cruise.

You will find Royal Caribbean staff very helpful and eager to make your vacation a great one. Anything you want, they'll try to accommodate. So no worries.

We scheduled to eat at Samba grill on the 2nd sea day, which I assume will be lobster night in the MDR. If we are at Samba grill, or any of the other specialty venues, will they offer lobster?:rolleyes: DH says it's no big deal but I just wondered. Thanks!;)

We scheduled to eat at Samba grill on the 2nd sea day, which I assume will be lobster night in the MDR. If we are at Samba grill, or any of the other specialty venues, will they offer lobster?:rolleyes: DH says it's no big deal but I just wondered. Thanks!;)

The specialty venues do not change their menus on formal night.

The specialty venues do not change their menus on formal night.

Thanks so much for your expertise!;) Maybe you should consider your own site and call it "ask Clarea", or better yet, I need to be your "friend"!!:cool: Have a great day!:)

my questions are:

Thanks in advance

My DH and I let the wait staff know the nights that we would not be in the MDR. It was a nice thing rather than requirement. We only hit the MDR three of seven nights and so didn't want to leave the waiter guessing.

We also had the 6 PM seating. We were on time, not drinkers and found that 45 minutes was about standard without trying to hurry. Of course, you may want to allow more time for getting a good seat at your show. However, we had a tight schedule on night, mentioned to the waiter and got done in plenty of time. With only needing two seats, we had no problem finding a good spot.

We didn't have kids with us, but know that there are all kinds of programs for getting the kids fed and settled. Check your cruise compass and ask questions.

Enjoy! Allure was our first cruise and like you, I found CC and researched! We had a great time and are 10 days from cruise #2 on the Freedom!