Dec 4 grand to Hawaii

mina

It's so interesting to read different opinions. I was on the same cruise. I'll write more when I get to a pc rather than my phone, but my experience was different. While this was not my favorite cruise, I thought the food was generally good. I had some great dining room service and mediocre service by the cabin steward. It just shows that opinions and experiences vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on this same cruise... I disagree with our experience with the crew. Top notch in every venue we were in. Actually one of the first times we went out of our way to give an extra gratuity here and there to some of them. Everyone's experience is obviously different.

As far as the scooters go, yeah, there were probably more of those and walkers than I've ever seen on a cruise. That said, MOST of the people that were in scooters were younger types that simply let themselves go and had no respect for their well-being -- i.e., overweight and WAY too large for the size of scooter they bought/rented..... Time to hit the treadmill for most of these folks. STEP AWAY FROM THE BUFFET!!!!! I saw one guy fall over on the dock at Lahaina... he was about 400 pounds and in what looked like a kid's stroller. *sigh*

Yeah, I can comment on this having lost 50+ pounds before it got away from me in the last 3 years and kept it off. Choices.

We were on this same cruise... I disagree with our experience with the crew. Top notch in every venue we were in. Actually one of the first times we went out of our way to give an extra gratuity here and there to some of them. Everyone's experience is obviously different.

As far as the scooters go, yeah, there were probably more of those and walkers than I've ever seen on a cruise. That said, MOST of the people that were in scooters were younger types that simply let themselves go and had no respect for their well-being -- i.e., overweight and WAY too large for the size of scooter they bought/rented..... Time to hit the treadmill for most of these folks. STEP AWAY FROM THE BUFFET!!!!! I saw one guy fall over on the dock at Lahaina... he was about 400 pounds and in what looked like a kid's stroller. *sigh*

Yeah, I can comment on this having lost 50+ pounds before it got away from me in the last 3 years and kept it off. Choices.

Awesome that you were able to lose that much weight. It's not easy and I applaud you. I know, because I struggle with my weight all the time. However, I assume you were able to exercise, which I know helps burn those calories and keep the weight off. Before passing judgement on these people, understand they might not have the ability to do that. You are fortunate to be mobile. Be grateful and hope you never find yourself having to rely on a way to get around other than your own two feet. See if you can keep your weight off if you can't even walk, much less run, jog or whatever.