Latest acts and guest speakers?

Southendweather

I've always enjoyed both the acts and guest speaker that we've had with P&O. We've had a Freddie Mercury tribute and Annie Lennox, and a very interesting ex detective. I realise you never know what you'll get until you're on the cruise, but who has been doing the circuit lately, it may give a clue as to who will be on the Ventura going on January 17th 2015.

Keith (Southend, UK)

We had Jon Bon Jovi and the same guy also did Tom Jones and there was a Phil Collins tribute also on Ventura in the Med.

The trouble with the Caribbean is that you get the poorer tributes who cant get UK work, the better ones wont commit to 2 weeks onboard which is what P&O require.

We had Jon Bon Jovi and the same guy also did Tom Jones and there was a Phil Collins tribute also on Ventura in the Med.

The trouble with the Caribbean is that you get the poorer tributes who cant get UK work, the better ones wont commit to 2 weeks onboard which is what P&O require.

Thanks Rich, any of those I'd be happy with. I think we had the Freddie Mercury in the Caribbean, so there's hope. Don't mind the wait, something to look forward to, a bit like what rrom and dinning arrangement LOL.

Keith (Southend, UK)

I've always enjoyed both the acts and guest speaker that we've had with P&O. We've had a Freddie Mercury tribute and Annie Lennox, and a very interesting ex detective. I realise you never know what you'll get until you're on the cruise, but who has been doing the circuit lately, it may give a clue as to who will be on the Ventura going on January 17th 2015.

Keith (Southend, UK)

I heard theres going to be a Bruno Mars tribute on the Ventura sailing out on the 3rd which I'm happy about...Bruno Rocks

We saw Bruno on the Transatlantic Caribbean in October. His name was Jeff Dingle and he was brilliant although my husband did manage to doze off (beer). Also on that trip we saw Walk Like a Man, Jersey Boys tribute who were fabulous, a Matt Monroe/Frank Sinatra tribute who was excellent, Opera Boys were fantastic singers and Mike Doyle (comic) made me lose my mascara. We used the buffet or Beach House the second week in order to catch shows in both Havana and Arena.

I don't understand why a world cruise is different from a carribean cruise, surely they would have further to fly at some points. So why do the better ones do that?

They don't. The ones who fly out are generally the same ones who would do the Caribbean gigs.

We saw Bruno on the Transatlantic Caribbean in October. His name was Jeff Dingle and he was brilliant although my husband did manage to doze off (beer). Also on that trip we saw Walk Like a Man, Jersey Boys tribute who were fabulous, a Matt Monroe/Frank Sinatra tribute who was excellent, Opera Boys were fantastic singers and Mike Doyle (comic) made me lose my mascara. We used the buffet or Beach House the second week in order to catch shows in both Havana and Arena.

We also saw Bruno Mars aka Jeff Dingle on Ventura in March. He made a great change from the usual suspects (Phil Collins & Freddie Mercury). I must admit we did not know many Bruno Mars songs at the time, but we really enjoyed his two shows and a very pleasant young man to chat to as well.

We are also getting a little tired with the Headliners shows, not that they are bad or anything, just think it's time for P&O to think outside the box and give more variety to their theatre package.

We also saw Bruno Mars aka Jeff Dingle on Ventura in March. He made a great change from the usual suspects (Phil Collins & Freddie Mercury). I must admit we did not know many Bruno Mars songs at the time, but we really enjoyed his two shows and a very pleasant young man to chat to as well.

We are also getting a little tired with the Headliners shows, not that they are bad or anything, just think it's time for P&O to think outside the box and give more variety to their theatre package.

Jeff Dingle nearly as good a real name as Peter Hernandez which is the real moniker of Bruno Mars.

Yes the Headliners is a bit stale, the trouble is mediocre singers/dancers and the fact that all the shows are produced in house, using the same script writers, same producers, same choreographers, same musical director etc so although each show is titled something different with a different set they all have the same feel to them.

P&O should use Peel like Thomsons do.

I agree but think perhaps Peel aren't big enough to cope with a contract for more ships which would be required for the P&O fleet. Shame though as they are in a different league in terms of standard of performers, staging (albeit on smaller stages) edgy choreography and creativity. The Shoe Team also do six shows per week and live cabarets and deck parties late at night when they've finished the shows. There's a huge difference!

Edited by kruzseeka

P&O should use Peel like Thomsons do.

It would certainly keep Peel on their toes and delivering the best shows they could to keep the contract, which would be a winning solution for the punters.

P&O shows are produced in house and that is where the problem lies.

I find it a little disappointing that P&O have so many tribute acts as part of the entertainment. There are plenty of excellent original singers and musicians desperate for work but they are denied opportunities by people pretending to be someone else and singing their most popular songs. If I want to listen to Freddie Mercury, the Beatles et al,

I will listen to a CD or download tracks I want to listen to rather than watching someone less talented than them pretending to be them. Pretty much like karaoke on stage.

Sorry this is not the case. Many acts fly out to the islands to join the ship. Some acts are only onboard for a few days before flying back to the UK. My friend is a tribute act that does many cruise ships. During the Caribbean season he will fly out to Barbados, for instance, do a couple of shows and then fly out from the next island with international connections. It is a very hectic schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry this is not the case. Many acts fly out to the islands to join the ship. Some acts are only onboard for a few days before flying back to the UK. My friend is a tribute act that does many cruise ships. During the Caribbean season he will fly out to Barbados, for instance, do a couple of shows and then fly out from the next island with international connections. It is a very hectic schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As I say, the better ones wont do the Caribbean, they wont fly economy and P&O wont pay for business, they are away for more nights than they actually perform so they have wasted nights, they can earn far more in the UK during the same time they would be away.

Its the lower end of the tribute market. Who was on this week? Jeff Dingle AKA Bruno Mars - great P&O target audience matching! Where was Jeff a couple of weeks ago? Haven holiday camp at Ingoldmells, Skegness.

If the Britannia Maiden Cruise is anything to go by, at least the Limelights dinner club will have authentic musical artistes Jaki Graham, Kiki Dee and Madeleine Bell - not really current but good experienced original entertainers. What acts perform in the theatre is anyone's guess though!