Might want to check your C&A credits before you're due for the next level

I recently discovered that my 1st RCCL cruise has disappeared from my profile and it has taken several calls to get this rectified.

Back in Jan 99, boyfriend (now DH) and I did a 3 night cruise from San Juan on the Nordic Empress, and signed up for C&A as soon as we returned home.

We then did Explorer in Feb 2001 (and I still have the room card that shows silver member status in C&A), followed by Explorer in Sept 2002 and a suite on the Jewel last fall.

Boy, was I surprised when I called to verify that we were now platinum for our 8/30 Enchantment sailing, and they have no record of our 1st sailing. I can understand an honest mistake when updating my single profile to my married name, but they also lost the 1st cruise off DH's profile, too.

And the last C&A rep I spoke with was basically saying it was my fault I didn't have proof back to 1999, to which I replied your records did reflect the cruise at one point, because how else could I have sailed in 2/01 as a silver member?

Lesson learned- periodically call to confirm your record.

Thanks for the vent space!

Wendy

Another shining example of inconsistent customer service, I'm afraid. We took our first RCCL cruise in 1994 on the Nordic Empress, and didn't join C&A at the time. When we took our next cruise in 2002 on Vision, it only took DH one phone call to get membership numbers for both of us and credit for the Empress cruise. Sorry to hear you had such a hard time.

Now they show we have 11 cruise credits, when we really should only have 10. They can't explain it. I guess I would work on them if it were the other way around.;)

Thanks. My husband and I talk about this once in a while regarding our children.

Supposedly, once both my children reach the age of 18 they should be credited for their RCI cruises they have taken up to that age and become the appropriate status.

I wonder if I should call RCI and ask for some sort of “documentation” and also verify that after our cruise in October it will bring me to the next level (it will be 5 completed RCI cruises).

Thank you very much for letting us know what is going on and let us know what happens.

Archived