January cruise- good idea and where to?

ccleveland

So I'm wanting to plan a cruise for January sometime after the 5th for my wife. This will be a Christmas gift. My main thing is that I normal cruse in September and not in january. Is Jan good?? I was looking at a 3 to 5 day cruise for the Bahamas which will be first Bahamas cruise.

Can everyone please help me on which ship I should do for the Bahamas cruise and if January is a good idea?? Any helpful hint would be nice!

We always cruise the end of January and find the weather very pleasant in the Caribbean.

I like sailing in Jan/Feb. Coming from the Arctic Circle known as Illinois, anywhere is better than here in Jan :).

The Victory cruise is a great ship and funner itineraries than a Bahamas cruise! I loved both of the times I was on the Victory. Aim for her :) and Happy planning!

Ya I might be doing the fascination or sensation or liberty if I can afford that cruise.

I'm coming from north part of GA so port Canaveral is somewhat far. I'm looking at Jacksonville or maybe tampa

Sounds good I will look into the victory. And I definitely prefer the Caribbean if I can afford it. But you just can't pass a 5 day bahamas cruise for 170 to 180 per person. Cheaper than going and renting a cabin in the mountains, etc...

So.....you said that you were looking at Jacksonville or Tampa because Port Canaveral was too far of a drive. Now, you say that the Victory looks good, but that leaves from Miami. If Port Canaveral is too far to drive from northern GA, then how is Miami not too far?

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Ok so i got it fixed up. Port canaveral isn't bad of a drive for me, Its only 7 hr 45 min, tampa is 7 hr drive, and i just saw that new orleans is only 7 hr drive for me. Miami is somewhere over 10 hr drive for me. I did that for the breeze this year and it was great but i don't care to make the drive again. Plus in miami the hotels are expensive and parking the car was to :(