January cruise- good idea and where to?

ccleveland

So I'm wanting to plan a cruise for January sometime after the 5th for my wife. This will be a Christmas gift. My main thing is that I normal cruse in September and not in january. Is Jan good?? I was looking at a 3 to 5 day cruise for the Bahamas which will be first Bahamas cruise.

Can everyone please help me on which ship I should do for the Bahamas cruise and if January is a good idea?? Any helpful hint would be nice!

hi

We have cruised several times in January. I find the weather better farther south. The Bahamas has weather similar to Florida. Some years we were able to go to the beach. Other years we walked around with sweaters.

It depends if you are a beach goer or not. There is more to the Bahamas than beaches but that's what I love , so I'll be staying away from there in January

from now on.

So I'm wanting to plan a cruise for January sometime after the 5th for my wife. This will be a Christmas gift. My main thing is that I normal cruse in September and not in january. Is Jan good?? I was looking at a 3 to 5 day cruise for the Bahamas which will be first Bahamas cruise.

Can everyone please help me on which ship I should do for the Bahamas cruise and if January is a good idea?? Any helpful hint would be nice!

We love to cruise in January. Will be on the Breeze on January 17th to Eastern Caribbean. We do not take 3 to 5 day cruises because they do not seem long enough, do not provide optimal airfare amortization, and are usually on a Fantasy class ship. There are great 6-9 day cruises on the Breeze, Glory, or Conquest out of Miami. There are also some nice cruises out of Port Canaveral and Ft/ Lauderdale. I am sure that there is somethin you can find. Good Luck.

So it's actually sweater type weather in Jan in the bahamas? Lol only reason that I'm thinking of taking a bahamas cruse is because the price is under 200 for a 5 day cruise to bahamas which is good!

I'm just worried that the sea will be ruff since the bahamas isn't in the csrribbean like Jamaica is. Also since I have been on the carnival dream and breeze so in worried I won't enjoy the smaller class cruise ships?

I do have a cruise with the sensation ship on my favorite list. I'm in North GA right now so 68 to 78 degrees will be awesome for me since were getting 40 degree weather lol haha

I been to the bahamas before when I was younger but I'm wanting this trip to be just tk get away and relax.

The Bahamas are not in the Caribbean....the weather is most like Florida. A far-reaching cold front CAN give you some cooler weather.

In the winter, I'd try to head further south, INTO the Caribbean...where U.S. frontal systems don't affect their warm weather!

Ya I figured the Caribbean weather would be better. Only thing is that the Caribbean cruises are a lot more expensive but maybe I can find something.

Normally I buy cruises off carnival website but are there any other safe sites to get cruise tickets?

The only time of year I can close my store and go on vacation is January. We are taking our grandson to the Bahamas January 3 for a 5 day. The Fantasy class ships are fine. I looked at the 10 day forecast and it looks like it will be 75-77 during the days and 70 at night. I have never been during the cruising season so I can't compare. We are happy cruisers! We've been farther down into the Caribbean where it's warmer but grandson wanted the Bahamas.

Here are my 2 suggestions for the parameters that you requested. 1/11/15 Liberty out of Port Canaveral 5 days Freeport, HMC, Nassau.

Inside 635 OV 695 Bal 855 for 2 including taxes Inside is based on 229 base rate.

1/5/15 Victory out of Miami 5 days Grand Turk, HMC, Nassau Inside 671 OV sold out Bal too much.

Both of these ships are larger than the fantasy class that usually does the shorter cruises. The Liberty has just about all of the 2.0 upgrades except for 2 or 3 that are unique to the Sunshine. Grand Turk though is better than Freeport. If you're cruising for the ports, then the Victory would be better. But, the Liberty has more amenities and is cheaper. You also need to factor in airfare if that is involved.

There are online cruise agencies that advertise on CC that are good, but if they had any blocked out cabins, they have probably already been turned back in to the cruise line. Good luck with your decision.

I sailed in January of 2008 and will be sailing again in 10 days, January 3rd. I enjoyed getting away from the cold and snow... I'm in Ohio.

Nassau is currently 79 degrees and has temps into the low 80's.

I can tell you that if my hubby got me a cruise as a Christmas present....the only thing I would care about.... is where is my suitcase!

We've taken short cruises in January for the last few years, usually to the Bahamas. So far we've been lucky and had nice weather (although even on a nice day the water is way too cold for me to get into). If you're cruising to the Bahamas in January, you have to be prepared for cold fronts and cold/windy weather. Private island stops often get cancelled because it's too rough and windy to tender. You might consider Victory, which goes to Key West and Cozumel instead. Or a 4-day on Paradise, which goes to Cozumel.

As other people have said, the Bahamas are more like Florida than the Caribbean. It could be nice and warm...or not.

Edited by CruisinCrow

I always crusie in January after years of cruising in the summer. Love it. Im from NYC so I love the idea of leaving the cold behind. I go anywhere in the carribean. Always warm

We are doing a five day out of Jacksonville late January...nassau and private island...price was 149.00 pp....guar OV

We have been to Nassau a million times...yes weather can be cool...and yes the Fascination is an older ship...but for a quick cheap getaway...only 7 hr drive for us it cannot be beat...we could not go to Myrtle Beach for three nights for that price.

The older ships do not have all the bells and whistles..but are so comfortable to us...we feel like we've come home when we walk on board...

With two sea days and two port days it is a perfect quick trip for us:):):)

Ok so it looks like if I czn afford to stay away from bahamas and go to the Caribbean then I will. Right now I got my eyes on liberty 5 day bahamas that goes to Freeport and Nassau and half moon cay. It's only 229 p/p right now but there is also a 5 day on the fascination from Jacksonville and it goes to Nassau and half moon with 2 full sea days.

This will be hard decision. Maybe I czn get christmas money and be able to afford a nice Caribbean Cruise :)

Ok so it looks like if I czn afford to stay away from bahamas and go to the Caribbean then I will. Right now I got my eyes on liberty 5 day bahamas that goes to Freeport and Nassau and half moon cay. It's only 229 p/p right now but there is also a 5 day on the fascination from Jacksonville and it goes to Nassau and half moon with 2 full sea days.

This will be hard decision. Maybe I czn get christmas money and be able to afford a nice Caribbean Cruise :)

I really looked at the Liberty ...she is a nice ship...have sailed her twice..but wanted two sea days...and Port Canaveral is a longer drive for us...means one night on the road going down...so for a quickie chose the Fascination....love sea days....Hope you are able to book something:):)