Wedding VOW renewal

cruise-addictjunkie

Hello, we are looking to possibly renew our vows on either Celebrity Reflection or Celebrity Equinox. We are looking for information from someone who has renewed on one of the ships. We are curious about these few questions, we have tried to find the information online and its very hard to call during the week for us.

1. Do they let you chose what location or do they pick the location (If so we have only seen Michaels as the location is that it?)

2. Can you bring fake flowers on the ship with you ?

3. Do you have to purchase the whole photography package or can you select per picture?

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi. We recently were married on the Reflection, just the two of us with the At Sea package. While not a vow renewal, I think the answers to your questions are very similar.

1. We were allowed to choose a location. On our sailing we could choose from Blu, the library, or Sky Observation Lounge. All at 3pm. We chose Blu.

2. We didn't bring fake flowers, we were given a boutinere(sp?) and a bouquet included in our package.

3. We were allowed to select the ala carte photo package after the shoot. This included a set of images. We could choose from 10, 20, 30, and then a 100. There was a huge price difference bt the 30 and 100 and since there was no middle of the road choice like 50 or 75 we went with the 30 images. The photography shoot itself was already paid for by our package.

Calling the wedding experience was very helpful for me. Denise, the lady who I talked to the most answered all my questions while we were trying to decide and never pushed us to book or gave us any pressure. Very helpful. I was able to talk to her outside of what is normal office hours, like 7pm on a week night etc.

Edited by MinkaGrl01
ok

Thank you for the replies. Our biggest concern is the actual location. We are looking into all lines but Celebrity is our top . We know we cant pick our date which stinks since its a renewal but we would like to at least pick out the location.

We want the photos and it might be the two of us which is fine. Its a lot to ask someone to travel with us on a 7 to 10 night cruise.

It is very doubtful that Michael's Club would be made available for this event. The library is nice and dignified, but open to the atrium, and depending on what time and day it is, there can be a lot of noise coming up from there. Cellar Masters is a large space, but it can be closed off from the outside noise (more or less), and a nice ceremony could be put on in a cozy corner of it.

We had our choice of at sea days. We also booked like 9 months in advance. (At Sea days because the captain would be free those days)

Blu was really nice! I think the sky observation lounge is an awesome venue too.

Would you like to see a pic of the setup in Blu for us?

Edited by MinkaGrl01

The more my husband and I ask around and search online we see renews at Michaels Club. Its too dark and small for what we are wanting. We would pay for a wedding package instead so we can pick the date and location for sure but they don't allow that. My husband likes the idea of renewing the library. I don't mind that or blu .

Celebrity began closing Michaels' to all but the highest Suites and Zeniths in the spring of 2014, one ship at a time. Prior to that, it had been, on various ships, used for private parties, for trivia, as a craft beer venue, as a piano bar, as the afternoon Elite cocktail lounge, and, long ago, as a cigar bar.

We originally wanted the library but all the sound travels and it would have been annoying hearing the Michael Jackson flash mob practicing below during our ceremony. So at our initial on board meeting with the event coordinator she steered us to changing it to Blu.

fa1a6fd0eb5c384efd511ba357d4cd50.jpg

b43a5a03f01bf7fb7d727070815d984b.jpg

bed2e2d0e8ef60b590d9a4e215820462.jpg

Then we got to take pictures throughout the ship. So if you want a picture somewhere the photographer will take you. We went pretty much every where

89a42ba9d6366660b689bd8d516cd99b.jpg

7c5ffeebfb4f8657626300fe3824b9e4.jpg

45ddba3c987163ec58945e3fb2b2e6f6.jpg

Edited by MinkaGrl01

You're welcome!

Oh and music was cool. We had one of the ship's pianists. After looking him up afterwards we found out that he's actually really well known.

It was all really nice. Every night someone was sending us a bottle of bubbly to congratulate us and we came back after dinner to our room all decorated.

208b84ff298fbfa7efc4117b1bd7488c.jpg

f62c543686b172e0ef8b43eb8eaf6126.jpg

We didn't know the significance of the fish but we named him Al

Edited by MinkaGrl01

You're welcome!

Oh and music was cool. We had one of the ship's pianists. After looking him up afterwards we found out that he's actually really well known.

It was all really nice. Every night someone was sending us a bottle of bubbly to congratulate us and we came back after dinner to our room all decorated.

208b84ff298fbfa7efc4117b1bd7488c.jpg

f62c543686b172e0ef8b43eb8eaf6126.jpg

We didn't know the significance of the fish but we named him Al

One less fish in the sea?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app