Why isn't the Jan 19 Crown Getaway selling?

Kruzin Karen

By now I understand that Princess is having trouble selling their West Coast Getaways. I personally love them, but I prefer cool weather. Anyway, the prices have been so low and with so much onboard credit that I'm doing 3 B2B in a few weeks. My question is, with all the inducements offered, the Jan 19 3 day Getaway is the only one remaining on super duper clearance. When I log into my Princess account the price still shows $99pp for an inside with $50 OBC. Since I'm on this particular cruise, can anyone tell me why this one alone they can't seem to literally give away? What's wrong with it? The cruises directly before and after are doing better.

By now I understand that Princess is having trouble selling their West Coast Getaways. I personally love them, but I prefer cool weather. Anyway, the prices have been so low and with so much onboard credit that I'm doing 3 B2B in a few weeks. My question is, with all the inducements offered, the Jan 19 3 day Getaway is the only one remaining on super duper clearance. When I log into my Princess account the price still shows $99pp for an inside with $50 OBC. Since I'm on this particular cruise, can anyone tell me why this one alone they can't seem to literally give away? What's wrong with it? The cruises directly before and after are doing better.

Because it doesn't include a weekend.

Definitely the Monday-Thursday thing...means taking off virtually a whole week from work for most people...and, if you're doing that, might as well take a more relaxing 7-nighter...

Also, it's the time of year. January is, traditionally, low season...Most people have blown their budget on the holidays, kids are back at school, teachers back to work. Just not a time most people cruise...

If this were timed differently--Friday through Monday, for example, it would have sold a lot better...a lot of folks get January 19 off--MLK Day...But this is getting ON at the END of a three day weekend...

We were on the Golden for the November 23 3-nighter and will be back on the Crown this coming Saturday...and the prices for those were fairly cheap as well--though not quite as low as that January 19 sailing...If we had the TIME...and if we weren't a little tired of cruising to Ensenada and back by now, maybe we would have had trouble passing it up...but, oh well...