First Celebrity Cruise Questions

lakegirl16

Hi! We're getting ready to take our first Celebrity Cruise on the Constellation in a few weeks. Have a few questions:

• I've read differing posts about the WiFi in the cabins. How is it? We have elderly parents and need to keep in touch.
  • Spa - is there anywhere on line that shows available services and pricing? Or does anyone have this information?
  • What's the best time to arrive at the ship? We've cruised Princess and you have access to your cabin when you board.
  • Haven't read much about the entertainment, how is it? Any don't miss things?
  • Any other tips or advice is also welcomed. Looking forward to our cruise!

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!

I've read differing posts about the WiFi in the cabins. How is it? We have elderly parents and need to keep in touch.

It's as good from the cabins as it is anywhere else on the ship. But it is slow, and relatively expensive. You won't be able to Skype. Even a couple of emails can add up quickly.

Spa - is there anywhere on line that shows available services and pricing? Or does anyone have this information?

The Celebrity website has it all

http://www.celebritycruises.com/media/en_US/pdf/canyon-ranch-guide-to-services-all.pdf

What's the best time to arrive at the ship? We've cruised Princess and you have access to your cabin when you board.

If you come after 1:30, your room will probably be ready. If you arrive at 11:00 it won't be. Some people like to board quickly and rush to the buffet, others like to come later so they can go straight to their room.

Any other tips or advice is also welcomed. Looking forward to our cruise!

There are dozens of reviews of Constellation on Cruise Critic -- enjoy!

Hi! We're getting ready to take our first Celebrity Cruise on the Constellation in a few weeks. Have a few questions:

• I've read differing posts about the WiFi in the cabins. How is it? We have elderly parents and need to keep in touch.
  • Spa - is there anywhere on line that shows available services and pricing? Or does anyone have this information?
  • What's the best time to arrive at the ship? We've cruised Princess and you have access to your cabin when you board.
  • Haven't read much about the entertainment, how is it? Any don't miss things?
  • Any other tips or advice is also welcomed. Looking forward to our cruise!

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!

Hi

The wifi is very slow and very expensive.we found it best to connect while onshore in a cafe with free wifi. As there are so many port days, it is the best way to stay connected.

Many passengers we found experienced "lost minutes" under their wifi packages and the computer room was always busy with people complaining about it.

Having said that, you can still connect regularly via the ship wifi as long as you are patient.

Cheryl

Welcome to Celebrity.

I hope you will enjoy the Connie as much as many of us. The M class ships are well laid out and quite easy to maneuver.

You can purchase an internet package. There will be information in your cabin when you board. Internet at sea has always been challenging. We have found the internet center on deck 9 has the same reception as your cabin.

As noted cabin access is generally around 1:30. If you do not like the frenzy of the buffet you can enjoy Bistro on 5 for a $7 per person surcharge. It is a much calmer way to wait for your cabin and the soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts are prepared to your specifications.

The entertainment is a mix of production shows, single performers or acts like a magician, vocalist(s), or a comedian. You may find the same variety on Princess.

You didn't mention the class of cabin but suites do get additional perks, also just like Princess. That could include internet discounts or spa specials.

Enjoy your cruise. Some of our best memories are from a Connie sailing.

I found that the new prices on the Canyon Ranch spa are quite high. I don't use it much but my pedicure was higher than when Steiner provided the services. Still in a nice area

with good views, but found the price diminished the experience.