1st time cruisers Elation

wilklein00

We were on the Elation in September and are returning next month. Be sure to take a power strip, as there is only one electrical outlet in the cabin. Make sure it is in excellent repair, as I've seen some folks say they've had power strips taken at boarding. Also, pack the power strip in your carry-on bag. I've seen elsewhere to take febreeze or air freshener as some cabins reportedly have a musty smell. I'm taking a small fan this time as our cabin was hot in September and the individual control in the room did nothing. That being said, since we are returning to cruise her, we loved the ship and had a great time! Anyday on a cruise is a good day!

We are going on the Elation on Feb 7, it is our first cruise. We were wanting to see if anyone on here has experienced the Elation, and what was recommended for things to do on this ship.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We are going on the Elation Feb 7 also. The Elation was our first cruise 12 cruises ago. Love the fantasy class ships. You will love the ships layout!

We are going on the Elation on Feb 7, it is our first cruise. We were wanting to see if anyone on here has experienced the Elation, and what was recommended for things to do on this ship.

I will be on that cruise also. 2nd time on the Elation. Really liked it last time. You will get the funtimes delivered to your room everyday telling you all about the activities on board. Always lots of stuff going on. Cant wait to get some sun.

We were just on the Elation earlier this month and had a great time. The Fun Times will have all the activities listed for you, but some of our favorites were: The Digital Scavenger Hunt, the Q & A with the Cruise Director, dance classes, liquor tasting, comedy shows, and the deck party.

We would recommend skipping towel animal theater and "Win" (one of the production shows) but you may have different tastes than us. Enjoy your cruise.

Elation was my first cruise as well. Its an older ship but we absolutely loved it. Not being on a cruise ship before we found it easy to get around. Was the smallest ship we went on but smaller ship means less crowds at popular activities. Was on the Dream last June and loved that as well but at times it was CROWDED.

Also as a couple of others said be on deck as much as you can while it is light leaving the pier as the view is awesome.

Enjoy your Cruise, I hate to say this but once you go on a cruise you will most likely be HOOKED.:D:D

I think we have been on the Elation 13 times. It is our favorite ship..We have a B2B on Jan. 19 and 24th. Be sure to see "Just Rock" in the theater. It is our favorite show that we have seen on Carnival.

Have fun!!!

we sail March 7th. This will be my 10th Carnival cruise but first on Elation. Only other smaller ship was the Sensation. Really like the less crowded ships for sure, so hopefully this will be fun. All cruises are fun.....lol

It's my daughter and granddaughter (15) this trip and can't wait to sail again from New Orleans. Going down day before so we can enjoy lunch at Mother's and eating benighs and walking the Riverwalk. Gotta love that city !!!!

We enjoyed the comedy club, chocolate bar, the mdr was great. You have to time the grill and mangolian wok so you dont have to wait forever during peak times. The lido seating area by the buffets is very nice. Going down the river is cool. Wish they had more hot tubs. There is also a phenominal blues band on the ship which I highly recomend. Also enjoyed the waterslide. Bar service was lacking on the serenity deck so get your drinks first or you may be waiting a long time. Never got tired walking around from place to place on the ship. Dont forget about the mexican party - great food. Unfortunately, never saw any of the shows. Have fun, it will be a great cruise!

When you get in the middle of the gulf, go up to the front of the ship and look down where the ship is first cutting through the water. Sometimes you can look down and see what looks like flying grasshoppers that come out of the water as the ship makes waves. These are flying fish. Fun to watch.:)

I hope you have a great time! I loved the elation! I personally loved the piano bar, water slides, wok, and sailing down the river! So excited for you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we sail March 7th. This will be my 10th Carnival cruise but first on Elation. Only other smaller ship was the Sensation. Really like the less crowded ships for sure, so hopefully this will be fun. All cruises are fun.....lol

It's my daughter and granddaughter (15) this trip and can't wait to sail again from New Orleans. Going down day before so we can enjoy lunch at Mother's and eating benighs and walking the Riverwalk. Gotta love that city !!!!

We will be on her too on March 7. Also going down a day early to have Mothers and beignets. We have been on Fantasy and Conquest, both from Nola. Preferred Fantasy sized ship! This will be our spring break, Dh and I and ds (12).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't my first cruise nor my husband's but it will be our three boys first cruise and they are super excited. We are sailing on the Elation and while I haven't been on a ship since 1997 I have to say I love the Fantasy class ships. I've been on three of them and they are by far my favorite.

Be sure to check out the entertainment and have a good time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

I think we have been on the Elation 13 times. It is our favorite ship..We have a B2B on Jan. 19 and 24th. Be sure to see "Just Rock" in the theater. It is our favorite show that we have seen on Carnival.

Have fun!!!

Wow 13 times?!

We will be on Elation on the 19th as well but it is ONLY our 5th time on it. Lol