Breakaway udp specialty or mdr

14cruisegirl

Going away with friends during a holiday week. We are traveling with teenage kids. We keep going back and for for the UDP. We are not foodies. Ihave anxiety and hear about waiting for tables at the other resturants. The kids would like to try the resturants and show. I'm up in the air. Any thoughts would bd appreciated.

The UDP really only makes financial sense if you know you are going to eat at a specialty restaurant almost every night. We usually eat at 3, so it's not a good deal for us. You can certainly eat at some specialty restaurants without buying the UDP. They are not very expensive.

Our family of 7 has never waited for a table in any of the MDR's, although waiting would be no big deal. We have waited for tables many times here on land.

I am sailing on 1/4/15 (this Sunday) on NCL Breakaway in the solo section. Is anyone else going? My first solo-I'm a little nervous about it. I read that there is a meet and greet?:confused:

You should go to your roll call. There you will find many cruisers also going on the Breakaway this Sunday. Here is a link to the first page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1786587

Harvey

If you plan to go to the cirque show and are willing to go to the first show on the first night when it is free if you have UDP (as the other poster said) then I think it is worth it. The benefit is now wait, but the drawback is making advance reservations and having more of a schedule.