2015 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

jaja

NCL STAR

I know there will be changes from previous posts, especially since the March Dry Dock.

I think Hugo Vanosmael will be HD he's wonderful and our first NCL HD!

Would like to know:

Captain*****

Food & Beverage Mgr.***** (Our favorite Vikramraj, I understand just left):(

Executive Chef****** Maybe Barrington Burke? (Would like that)

Executive Housekeeper****** Maybe Cesar Hapa? (That would be great)

Concierge*******

Guest Service I believe is Ray Espina

Restaurant Mgr***** (Might still be Adine Barret?)OR?

Beverage Manager*****(Hope it's still Aldo Candare, would miss him if not):cool:

Guest Service Coordinator****(Is it Ron Roca or Ligaya Dagasdas?) OR?

THANKS FOR ANY UPDATES!

Edited by crusingalong
Added ship in body of post.

No, but Alain is usually the HD.

It would depend on his vacation schedule.

He is wonderful.

Anne Barbazza is also amazing.

She is one of the best Group Service Coordinators with NCL.

Judy

That is wonderful to know. Thank you Judy! :)

I know it is a Repositioning cruise, and sometimes that matters, in terms of moving from one base of operations to another.

Hoping someone will have a firm, updated list for us soon...less than 4 weeks until Cruisin' :p

NCL STAR

I know there will be changes from previous posts, especially since the March Dry Dock.

I think Hugo Vanosmael will be HD he's wonderful and our first NCL HD!

Would like to know:

Captain*****

Food & Beverage Mgr.***** (Our favorite Vikramraj, I understand just left):(

Executive Chef****** Maybe Barrington Burke? (Would like that)

Executive Housekeeper****** Maybe Cesar Hapa? (That would be great)

Concierge*******

Guest Service I believe is Ray Espina

Restaurant Mgr***** (Might still be Adine Barret?)OR?

Beverage Manager*****(Hope it's still Aldo Candare, would miss him if not):cool:

Guest Service Coordinator****(Is it Ron Roca or Ligaya Dagasdas?) OR?

THANKS FOR ANY UPDATES!

Hi Ruth!

I think Capt Favalos (sp?) should be there. We love him.

He may be on vacation though.

Aldo was Beverage Mgr the last time I looked. Love him too!

Again, vacation could change that.

Chef Burke was on another ship recently, but may be back on the Star. I think he was filling in.

I don’t know who is Concierge. I am envious that you will be on the Star.

I miss her!

Judy

Doubtful it will be the same officers and crew.

Florentina is already gone. (LOVE HER!)

Some will stay, but there are vacations and changes to other ships.

There are so many wonderful NCL folks, you will not be disappointed.

Judy

Hi Judy,

Do you know who replaced Florentina as Concierge on the Jewel?

Thanks much :)

The Jewel Concierge is Hanno Meyer from Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks much OUgal

JEWEL CONCIERGE

Thanks for the correct information! :)

Hanno Meyer is a new concierge to me.

Judy

Same here Judy...Hanno Meyer is new to me as well

The Jewel Concierge is Hanno Meyer from Germany.

Do you know when Hanno arrived on the Jewel? We will be on the Jewel in about a month and a half. Just curious if they will still be there when we arrive. Does anyone have any experience with Hanno?

I was on the Jewel last week. I think he's only been on the ship for a couple weeks. He is very tall -- at least 6' 5".

I had some issues with dinner reservations that he made for my family. I made a reservation for Teppanyaki several weeks before our cruise. When I got on board the ship, I asked Hanno to make other reservations for several restaurants. Long story short, my reservation for Teppanyaki was cancelled. In the end everything got worked out -- we got a new reservation for Teppanyaki and was able to eat at all the other restaurants we wanted. Hanno really went out of his way to make it up to us. He invited us for a tour of the bridge on the last day -- it was a really great experience. The captain was in a meeting during our tour and he stepped out to talk with our group and take photos with my family.

I hope you have a great cruise, kdzkatz. You shouldn't have any problems, but if you do just be sure to let them know.

Our butler was Erlindo -- he was wonderful. Spoiled us! I'm having withdraws this week without my 3:30 pm snack that he would always bring.

I was on the Jewel last week. I think he's only been on the ship for a couple weeks. He is very tall -- at least 6' 5".

I had some issues with dinner reservations that he made for my family. I made a reservation for Teppanyaki several weeks before our cruise. When I got on board the ship, I asked Hanno to make other reservations for several restaurants. Long story short, my reservation for Teppanyaki was cancelled. In the end everything got worked out -- we got a new reservation for Teppanyaki and was able to eat at all the other restaurants we wanted. Hanno really went out of his way to make it up to us. He invited us for a tour of the bridge on the last day -- it was a really great experience. The captain was in a meeting during our tour and he stepped out to talk with our group and take photos with my family.

I hope you have a great cruise, kdzkatz. You shouldn't have any problems, but if you do just be sure to let them know.

Our butler was Erlindo -- he was wonderful. Spoiled us! I'm having withdraws this week without my 3:30 pm snack that he would always bring.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! :D We don't foresee using him too much (except for priority tender in Icy Strait :D ) I will share on our roll call that he may be our concierge. Our roll call is pretty darned active and many on there are in suites.

lol...it is so difficult to adjust back to normal living....have to buy your food and cook it....no turn down service....sigh...it is fun to be so spoiled if even for a short time. :D

Hi Ruth!

I think Capt Favalos (sp?) should be there. We love him.

He may be on vacation though.

Aldo was Beverage Mgr the last time I looked. Love him too!

Again, vacation could change that.

Chef Burke was on another ship recently, but may be back on the Star. I think he was filling in.

I don’t know who is Concierge. I am envious that you will be on the Star.

I miss her!

Judy

Thanks Judy for the NCL Star Information! Only have 3 more days and I'd like to know before we go on her but know we'll enjoy the cruise no matter what or who the Officers and Crew consist of!!

Thanks much for sharing your experience....truly appreciated [emoji4]

Do you know when Hanno arrived on the Jewel? We will be on the Jewel in about a month and a half. Just curious if they will still be there when we arrive. Does anyone have any experience with Hanno?

Hi There!

We were on the Jewel in February, a couple of weeks before Florentina headed off on vacation. She told us that she was very excited to return in May for the Alaska run. I am fairly certain that she said she was returning on the 14th, so my guess is that you will have Hanno for your cruise.

We absolutely loved the Jewel, and were completely spoiled by the phenomenal staff! Have a wonderful time! :D

Anyone know who the Concierge is for the Epic Med sailing May 17 2015?

TIA

Hi,

If he’s back by then (he should be), you will have my very, very, very favorite Concierge, David Contreras.

He is amazing. I don’t know how he manages to always be smiling, always be there for everyone, and keep his sanity.

He definitely goes way above and beyond.

If he’s there, tell him that Judy wishes she were there!

Judy

Any updates for the Gem. I'll be sailing on her in June.

Thanks!

Harriet

Was wondering same thing - we'll be sailing her next month.

Heard Dan Dan is on vacation starting this week, how long would his vacation be? Also, any news on who the Capt. is?

Edited by swurvestar

Would love to know too :D

Gem info

Captain Lars Bengtsson is on right now.

Captain Steffan Bengtsson will be switching with Captain Lars.

Hotel Director currently is Tony Winkler.

Hotel Director, Jenny Lim has left Norwegian.

Edited by pixiedustdawn

Gem info

Jenny will be missed for sure.

Suzanne

Gem info

Ohhh, I LOVE Tony Winkler. I'm hoping he'll be there for my June sailing!!

Harriet