LOS Deposit Refund

jalee7

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about booking a cruise on LOS and paying the deposit in order to lock in the rate. However, I may change my mind and not go before the final payment is due. Do you get the full deposit back? How long does it take to receive your refund? Does anyone have experience with canceling a cruise?

Any info is appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about booking a cruise on LOS and paying the deposit in order to lock in the rate. However, I may change my mind and not go before the final payment is due. Do you get the full deposit back? How long does it take to receive your refund? Does anyone have experience with canceling a cruise?

Any info is appreciated.

Under US/Canadian booking rules, you will receive a full refund if you cancel before final payment date. It usually takes us 5 to 10 business days to receive the refund.

Edited by clarea

• 2 weeks later...
I am still waiting for a refund for a cruise I canceled on December 15.

I canceled my parents on December 26 and they have not received their refund either. :mad:

If you booked direct with Royal, I'd follow up by calling them. Unless there's been something like a credit card that's no longer valid, you should have had your refund by now.

I am still waiting for a refund for a cruise I canceled on December 15.

I canceled my parents on December 26 and they have not received their refund either. :mad:

I agree with Bob-I would call them- I cancelled a cruise on 12/20 and I got my refund in about two weeks. And that was the longest it has taken, I imagine because of the holidays.

Edited by molly361

I did call Royal. After being put on hold for a while, etc. I was told that the computer caught it and was holding it :confused: which is why it didn't go through (even though it was canceled from my cruises) and that the Resolution department will expedite it and force it through and I will receive the refund within 7 to 10 business days. I don't call that expediting; however, I would like to get our $1,500 back.

I will give my parents account a few more days before I call on theirs too.

Hi everyone,

Any info is appreciated.

Remember... There are 2 LOS's (Liberty and Legend).. not that it really matters for this question at hand.

Yes you will get your refund back, and takes 5-10 days to appear on the card usually.

It has taken 2 to 3 weeks for deposits to be refunded. And sometimes in weird amounts in several payments back to the credit card. It does require some patience but we have always got it back.

We just cancelled Quantum for Adventure in April. I wish they could have just credited our refund to the next cruise but alas that is too hard for RCL.