need walking directions for NOLA

WindDancer

Hi All..

We are sailing on the Dawn out of NOLA on Jan18

We are staying at the Spring HIll Suites about 2 blocks away and

plan on walking to the terminal departure day.

I have searched through this forum and looked at google maps for directions on the best way to get there, but haven't found much except how much of a pain it is.

and google has a walking route but says I need to use private or restricted access points

to reach my destination..

So, My question is, How does one walk from he corner of Julia st Convention Center blvd to the terminal where we would enter for security..

Thank you..

Chuck

I think it will be pretty easy, walk to Julia St and head towards the river. Once you cross Convention Center Blvd there is a walkway that goes up and over the train tracks and it should put you at the terminal. When I cruised out of NOLA I stayed a Harrah's Hotel and walked down to the terminal and it wasn't too bad of a walk.

From Convention Center Boulevard take a right onto Julia Street. Cross Julia Street to the Riverwalk and take the escalator. Just across the Riverwalk and a little to the right you will see double doors that open to an outdoor walkway. Follow this to the end and take the stairs down. You will be right at the terminal.

The sidewalks in NOLA are uneven in many areas and often in disrepair and often inhabited by "performers" who may take up much of the sidewalk, so expect to have to carry your bag in some areas.

Super Easy ... Make your way to Julia st. , in your case turn right on Julia , keep walking straight until a porter takes your bags .. Not kidding , that easy.

Do not go up the stairs on your left or any other up/down . Stay on the side walk with the other 100 people and go right over the tracks. It looks a little odd because you appear to be walking toward an underpass...If the Convention Center is on your right as your heading toward the water your are on the right path grass Hopper.. just cross the tracks and the porters are right there.. good luck ;)

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.9442076,-90.0645343,3a,75y,102.29h,89.01t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sCKbR4ui7t01817njtqsujQ!2e0

Edited by mpk218

• 2 weeks later...

WOW.. mpk218 is correct..

Super easy..

Look at the google map link he posted, down at the end of that street you see a square spot of daylight, the door is right there on your right..

so just walk down this street, you will see a wall, then the tracks then the door.

takes about 3 min to walk (if that) and no issues or obsticals for dragging your luggage except the tracks and they are pretty smooth too..