Solstice Celebrity Suite v Sky Suite $2k Difference

Vikstar

We just made final payment on Celebrity Suite 1615 for the 18 day Tahitian Treasures cruise, Sydney to Honolulu. We, too, toyed with the aft Sky Suite versus the CS.

We had a Celebrity Suite recently on the Summit to Bermuda. We LOVED the CS experience. We went to Michaels every day, really enjoyed the attention and pampering, priority tendering and the concierge was wonderful and helpful. The included drinks, anything you wanted, all waking hours, was also a bonus!

So decision made....Celebrity Suite won out. We are so excited for our adventure....

We are still trying to decide between the two suites...we don't have 123Go with this cruise, as we received the $1128 CAD captains club discount. This being said, having a CS we will gain access to Michael's where we might not have to purchase a drink package...if we had the Sky Suite (without access to Michael's) then we would probably purchase a premium beverage package which would run us just over $800.

Hmmm...

Edited by KW Cruisers

Unless this is some kind of special cruise I would stick with the Sky suite unless the cabin is that important to you. You can usually get the Beverage package included in the sky suite + the specialty dinner package and internet can be had for way less than 2K. We had a PH last year and only used Michaels club 2 times, the 1st and last day. We did not find it to be big deal.

We are still trying to decide between the two suites...we don't have 123Go with this cruise, as we received the $1128 CAD captains club discount. This being said, having a CS we will gain access to Michael's where we might not have to purchase a drink package...if we had the Sky Suite (without access to Michael's) then we would probably purchase a premium beverage package which would run us just over $800.

Hmmm...

You'll have to decide what the difference, after paying for the drink package in a SS or not in a CS is, plus the other added benefit like extra internet in the CS, etc. Having Michael's does provide free drinks, but you'll need to carry your own out to the pool, or a glass of wine to dinner. Not quite the same as the convenience of a bevi package.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I watch cash register systems carefully, as I maintain them for my business and am always watching the nuances of operations. I'm an operations guy.

My recent Sillie sailing, i noticed they changed how the cashiering works at the bars.

Before they would ring in your drink then deduct off the value of it based on the drinks package you had, a very manual process, prone to operator error.

I noticed now, they instead FIRST tell the POS system what package you are on or press the CASH button instead if no package. This then lets the system automatically not charge, and saves several key strokes, and erroneous charges to guests based on the package they have. This is a huge reason I recommend a sticker on seeps, not the preprinted PALL notation, as the PALL can rub off over time, and they end up asking as the trip goes on than verify the info in the system to save time. All the swipe of the seeps does is enter the folio number, it does not dig deeper to link to any packages.

What I also noted was, most bartenders assumed that with the silver suite card we also had a drinks package.... My sailing I also had the captains club huge discount and no package. After the 3rd day, I stopped correcting them forgetting to charge me. I'd get a drink, wait for a slip, finally ask after a few minutes, and they said, "Oh we rang it wrong, sorry here you go". This happened often at Molecular and Martini. I was with a group of people who all had the package as well.

I can lead a horse to water, but can't teach it to drink...

So between Michaels and the random failure to ring my drinks properly, it wasn't so bad. That trip put me to Elite Plus, so now get Al Baccio drinks as a perk, so even less stress to find a package moving forward.

14 nights - 2 people, $2K in total difference :)

I stopped at this post and have not read the others yet. A CS is a really right environment for a 14 day/night cruise in my opinion. The layout is extremely comfortable for a longer cruise and one we take on longer cruises.

Drawbacks no matter what cruise lenght are a smaller bathroom, but that's even with a lesser cabin category.

If this cabin category is selecteed there are some balcony amazing cabins in this cabin class that could steal your heart and make 2g a no biggie for two weeks of bliss.

If you have any tendered ports, having Michaels Club access provides you first tender boat to shore access.

You gather in Michaels, and when the tender is ready, they lead you thru a special door right down to the tenders, as others wait behind the ropes at the stairs. This is done before the announcement that tenders are ready, in my experience about 30 minutes prior to that announcement.

Same process for Labadee Cabanas, and I assume other similar VIP type excursions.

Celebrity suite includes Michaels, which is really the only added perk from Sky Suites besides larger stateroom that I can see.

As I book often last minute, I rarely have a beverage package, so Michael's becomes my free drink package ;-)

This is the first I am reading about Michael's Club having free drinks. Is this for CS and above? Any drink or wine? Bartender or make your own?

Thanks for the info. We are in A CS later this year and it makes the beverage package decision easier.

Diane

This is the first I am reading about Michael's Club having free drinks. Is this for CS and above? Any drink or wine? Bartender or make your own?

Thanks for the info. We are in A CS later this year and it makes the beverage package decision easier.

Diane

Yes when Michaels became the dedicated premium suite lounge earlier this year (for CS and above, no Sky suites) it also includes free drinks, they generally ask what you like, and will have it stocked for you, getting specific brands. I didn't pay attention to wine varieties on offer but yes, wine and sparkly is included too. No issues grabbing and going, taking away with you.

Bartender there all day, unless out getting supplies. One from morning to 8 or so, another closes it at midnight.

Also have plated canapés thru the day, and they did a proper high tea service one afternoon.

On S class, the fridge wall is stocked with beers sodas and waters, to grab and go. Assume same on M class. Also a Nespresso coffee machine for coffee, cappuccinos and espressos, sell;f serve, unless the concierge beats you to it.

Yes when Michaels became the dedicated premium suite lounge earlier this year (for CS and above, no Sky suites) it also includes free drinks, they generally ask what you like, and will have it stocked for you, getting specific brands. I didn't pay attention to wine varieties on offer but yes, wine and sparkly is included too. No issues grabbing and going, taking away with you.

Bartender there all day, unless out getting supplies. One from morning to 8 or so, another closes it at midnight.

Also have plated canapés thru the day, and they did a proper high tea service one afternoon.

On S class, the fridge wall is stocked with beers sodas and waters, to grab and go. Assume same on M class. Also a Nespresso coffee machine for coffee, cappuccinos and espressos, sell;f serve, unless the concierge beats you to it.

Thanks for the info. A nice perk that I was not counting on!

Diane

Yes, fridge wall stocked with drinks. R Bartender on Summit and Millennium from 8am - 12 am. Other times you can grab and go, though I think the wine cooler was locked. Removing drinks from bottles of water to cans of soda is not a problem. Wines were of the Wente level but if you had a similar level request for a different wine, they'd probably get it. My partner drinks specialty martinis. The would either make sure the mixes were there, or retrieve a drink from the Martini bar. Nespresso Coffee, great teas and if you want something else, they'll generally grab it.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

You will love it and we had Arnel as butler. He was a jewel.

First time I've seen Arnel's name! He was our butler on the equinox in June 2012. We had a sky suite for our honeymoon and thought he was lovely. So pleased he's still on the ships :)

(sorry OP!)

The main bedroom can be set up as twin. One bed will be pushed against the wall to the main room, the second bed remains. This is to enable the access to the walk-in wardrobe that is next to the second bed's night table.

When the beds are twins the one against the wall is right under the fixed lamp on the wall and directly above your head so when getting out of the bed you have to be very careful or you will smash into it...we found the CS bedroom to be cramped and not a good use of space...I think a set up more like Princess suites would have been more desirable for a CS...others love it, but we like a larger more open room...I would vote for an Aft S1