For those booking hotels in FLL

mared1

For everyone's information, I have been checking availability for hotels in FLL for Jan 1-4th, pre cruise, and have found that quite a few are sold out already. Also as several posters have mentioned, rates are higher than in the past -so some of the available hotels are over $250 a night.

I found that some of these hotels are showing sold out at the web sites,but when I called the hotel directly that was not the case. (I got a little suspsious when both HUGE and EXPENSIVE Yankee Clipper and Trader were showing SOLD OUT online) I called the small boutique hotel I was interested in(Tropi Rock) and sure enough there WERE rooms available. Maybe, it's too early for online rates to be posted yet,I don't know (should have asked when I called)It might be worth a call directly to the hotel.(Online is great, but sometimes a real person will be able to "work with you" if you know what I mean. HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Airport Hotel pre or post cruise? Specifically is there anywhere to eat nearby? I booked a pre night and post night at an outrageous price, but I havent seen better. I did not call the hotels direct....after reading posts I guess I goofed.

Thanks,

OhJoy

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Airport Hotel pre or post cruise? Specifically is there anywhere to eat nearby? I booked a pre night and post night at an outrageous price, but I havent seen better. I did not call the hotels direct....after reading posts I guess I goofed.

Thanks,

OhJoy[/quote

A $5 cab ride will get you to the Islamorada Fish Company - a good seafood place.

Ron

We also stayed here and were very happy with the hotel. No, there is nothing nearby, but we arranged to have the hotel driver bring us to a shopping area nearby for lunch (Dave & Buster's) and to pick up last minute things for the cruise. They also arranged a shuttle for us the next morning to the port. They were very accommodating. :)

Archived