Carnival Lover Tries Oasis - A Review and Comparison

If you see a blue 2009 Pony with white stripes in Columbus, wave hi! Glad to hear you came over to RC from the Dark Side. Now to read these rest of your review ;) O.H. ! Ready to go Duck Hunting!

O-H! One of Chaya's friends has (had) a blue Pony with white stripes. You don't by chance have a daughter that plays softball and goes to a local(ish) college, do you?

Chops quality of beef seems to be going down the drain unless you pay for the Prime steaks above the 35.00 pp cover charge.

Carnival steakhouses serve aged Prime cuts INCLUDED in the 35.00pp. My guess is that is why the OP found that Carnival had the better steakhouse. There are LOTS of complaints about Chops these days and most people that sail both Royal and Carnival agree that Carnival is hands down the better steakhouse.

Your guess would be correct! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the review! DH and I will be on Oasis in a month so I have been reading as many reviews as I can. I learned quite a bit for your review!

And, congrats on the National Championship. I am a Spartan, so I always like when a Big Ten team wins, as long as it isn't Michigan, of course :)

Well I skipped ahead to write this so don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but you skipped the best restaurants on the ship sadly:(

Anyone should run don't walk to Park 150 on embarkation day to get the special discount. This is one meal that would've been unforgettable to you. The best meal we had ever eaten on land or sea! No doubt! Also Giovanni's, arguably the best on the ship. We consider Chops to be just mediocre. Then for breakfast (and free I might add) is Johnny Rockets. We preferred breakfast there on most mornings. No crowd and wonderful made to order breakfast.

Well I skipped ahead to write this so don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but you skipped the best restaurants on the ship sadly:(

What's funny is that it varies from ship to ship. I've found Chops on Enchantment of the Seas to be fantastic, yet I agree that it was mediocre at best on Oasis. I thought that Giovanni's Table on Grandeur of the Seas was mediocre, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was better on Oasis.

• 1 month later...

I'm a little tardy to the party, but thank you for a Thanksgiving Oasis review! My family is booked on the Thanksgiving Oasis 2015 cruise (my first RCC) and your review was especially helpful! Looks like a wonderful trip! Loved the photos!

We discovered them in FLL and made a stop in Cranberry PA at 10pm at night on our way down to port Canaveral this past Christmas. Great pizza as well.

They have one at the Grove City exit on I-79 (right at the end of the exit ramp).

There is also a Primanti's at the Millcreek mall in Erie, Pa.

Take the Peach St exit north until you see the Millcreek Mall on your left heading north. Its on the west side of the Mall.

Joel

We are tentatively booked on this year's Thanksgiving cruise. I'm not sure if you are still following this thread, but I was wondering how crowded your Thanksgiving cruise felt. I know it will be sold out, but the Oasis is a big ship and wondered how the ship handled big crowds.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Just stumbled upon this review. We sailed Allure in November and Breeze in February. We are neighbors, live in Westerville. We almost didn't make it to Breeze as we went that weekend we had the largest snowfall of the year. We loved both ships but this makes me yearn for an Oasis class again!