Brazilian Visa

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of applying for a Brazilian visa for the Mariner April 2 sailing. I have the visa kit, but in reading the instructions, the visa application needs to include the itinerary including flight information. I have not received the flight information yet, and was wondering if I would have any problem submitting the paperwork with only the cruise itinerary. Also, if anyone else has experience with this, does the drivers license and bank statement/credit card documentation need to be notarized? According to the Brazilian website it does, but the visa kit from Regents does not state that this is required. I greatly appreciate your help. Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of applying for a Brazilian visa for the Mariner April 2 sailing. I have the visa kit, but in reading the instructions, the visa application needs to include the itinerary including flight information. I have not received the flight information yet, and was wondering if I would have any problem submitting the paperwork with only the cruise itinerary. Also, if anyone else has experience with this, does the drivers license and bank statement/credit card documentation need to be notarized? According to the Brazilian website it does, but the visa kit from Regents does not state that this is required. I greatly appreciate your help. Thanks!

You should be able to get the flight information in the next 2 weeks from Regent still with plenty of time to get your visa so suggest you wait for that information as they do want your itinerary.

As far as drivers license and bank information, really depends on which consulate your application and passport are sent to for the visa. Brazil requires your application to go to the consulate that is responsible for your state of residence and strange as it sounds each consulate has its' own specific requirements and you have to comply with the specific one your visa is issued from. For instance, we did not have to provide any financial data nor anything notarized and received our visa within 15 minutes of entering our consulate.

Believe yours will be going to the Miami consulate if you live in Atlanta and they have much stricter requirements than Houston. Don't know which Brazilian website you went to but, the only place to get the specific information you need to to read the Miami consulate website if they are the ones issuing your visa and make sure you get to the correct site as there are websites that mimic the Brazilian ones and not what you want because of so many different requirements. Make sure it is the Miami website.

Hope this helps as nobody can specifically answer your question unless they know of the requirements of the consulate that issues your visa. Pretty sure that the Visa agency that sent you your kit sends the same kit to everyone so not specific to your situation.

Back in the fall of 2012 I used a visa service that was part of a Regent visa package. The instructions had a number of things that were unnecessarily confusing. I called the visa service on several occasions and they clarified the requirements on the phone. I sent them feedback on how the instructions could be easily rewritten so customers don't have to make a bunch of phone calls for clarification.

I would suggest that you call the service directly. They should be able to answer your questions and save you a lot of time trying to figure out what they really want or need.

Thanks Dave for the information. That explains why the instructions differ. There is a Brazilian consulate in Atlanta and that's the site that I'm referencing. I assumed the process was identical at all the consulates, but it appears that the Atlanta agency has stricter requirements.

Thanks Dave for the information. That explains why the instructions differ. There is a Brazilian consulate in Atlanta and that's the site that I'm referencing. I assumed the process was identical at all the consulates, but it appears that the Atlanta agency has stricter requirements.

I just want to clarify that it is the state you live in which determines which consulate your visa will go to and what your requirements will be. The visa service will send your passports and visa applications to the consulate that your state falls under.

So, if your states falls under say Atlanta then you will have to provide the information requested.

For example you will likely find that if you live in: GA, AL, MS, SC, TN, FL, PR, MA, NH, VT, RI & ME that you will have to provide three months of bank statements.

If you live in AR, CO, NM, KS, LA & TX you will have to provide a photocopy of drivers license notarized.

If you live in FL or PR you must provide a a Purpose and Detail of Travel letter.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010