How to tell if ES booked?

JohnMI

So, my mom booked over the phone a couple months ago for a cruise in March. She normally cruises Disney and this is her first Carnival (it is for a wedding for a relative). How can we tell if she booked an ES rate or not? When we log into her account, I see nowhere where it indicates the type of rate that was booked. (I booked an Last Call Early Saver just a couple of weeks ago -- and mine also doesn't say anywhere -- I just knew that I had done it, but she doesn't know.)

So -- is there somewhere where we can look on her account and see if she has an ES rate or not?

She does have a PVP -- so I guess she could call and ask -- it would just be more convenient if there was a quick way for us to just look and check.

- John...

It says after your name a number 1 or 1,2

The scroll down and it will say what the conditions are for your numbers. If ES it will say there is a penalty of $50 to change and whatever else the contains are.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From what I can tell, those little numbers show up on the confirmation EMAIL only. I don't see them on the web site anywhere. She doesn't have an email. So it needs to be something I can see on the web site somehow.

Thanks though.

- John...

Open your cruise documents under the manage my cruise tab on Carnival's website. Read the penalties on the booking in the fine print and you can glean the rate name from that information usually. I don't mean to sound vague but that's how we have helped others in your situation and it worked out for them.

Good luck.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Hmmm... Well, I tried looking at my own cruise documents (where I know I booked Early Saver since I've already done one price adjustment/OBC already) and I don't see anything in there that would indicate that I have ES.

The problem is that it looks like the Ticket Contract page is the same for everyone. It just goes to a general Carnival page (that doesn't reference your booking number at all). And that page just says things about penalties or cancellation policies that vary based on the type of booking you have. (I.e. it says "this applies to Early Saver bookings and that does not", but does not indicate which you have anywhere).

The only booking-specific documents you can look at are just the "Important Information" stuff -- which doesn't say anything about the type of booking, cancellations, and so on.

Anyone else have an idea on how to tell from something on the web site?

Just seems crazy to me that you can't tell if you have an ES booking or not without having to call Carnival and ASK them?? :(

- John...

Hmmm... Well, I tried looking at my own cruise documents (where I know I booked Early Saver since I've already done one price adjustment/OBC already) and I don't see anything in there that would indicate that I have ES.

The problem is that it looks like the Ticket Contract page is the same for everyone. It just goes to a general Carnival page (that doesn't reference your booking number at all). And that page just says things about penalties or cancellation policies that vary based on the type of booking you have. (I.e. it says "this applies to Early Saver bookings and that does not", but does not indicate which you have anywhere).

The only booking-specific documents you can look at are just the "Important Information" stuff -- which doesn't say anything about the type of booking, cancellations, and so on.

Anyone else have an idea on how to tell from something on the web site?

Just seems crazy to me that you can't tell if you have an ES booking or not without having to call Carnival and ASK them?? :(

- John...

I never found it in the Cruise Docs but it "was" present in the email confirmation, up until a few months ago. Now it has to be "gleaned". Not sure why they changed the email to not state ES anymore. So at this time, the best to do is call Carnival.

• 2 months later...

While I understand this site is to assist others I have to point out that John, who I hope has found his answer, from first post to second was about 90 mins. A call to Carnival would have taken about 90 seconds. And yes I did notice he was posting in the PM but he was still commenting the following day.

So, my mom booked over the phone a couple months ago for a cruise in March. She normally cruises Disney and this is her first Carnival (it is for a wedding for a relative). How can we tell if she booked an ES rate or not? When we log into her account, I see nowhere where it indicates the type of rate that was booked. (I booked an Last Call Early Saver just a couple of weeks ago -- and mine also doesn't say anywhere -- I just knew that I had done it, but she doesn't know.)

So -- is there somewhere where we can look on her account and see if she has an ES rate or not?

She does have a PVP -- so I guess she could call and ask -- it would just be more convenient if there was a quick way for us to just look and check.

- John...

If you don't have a Booking Confirmation (you can infer the Booking from the Guest Note(s) toward end of document) you're pretty much stuck with calling your booking agent. ken