solstice sydney

leaving Sydney from the overseas terminal on the solstice 3.4.15,can anyone tell me if you can buy duty free at the terminal

thank you in advance

No, you cannot, but there are duty free shops nearby at Circular Quay as well as several others around the CBD. Google can be your friend.

We were on the Solstice in November. We found prices on the ship to be on par with Australian Duty free. The OPT was closed when we boarded, so we didn't have a chance to check out Duty Free prior to boarding, however we did go through NZ Duty free, and then duty free in Melbourne, and still found the deals we managed to get on board the ship were cheaper.

We were on the Solstice in November. We found prices on the ship to be on par with Australian Duty free. The OPT was closed when we boarded, so we didn't have a chance to check out Duty Free prior to boarding, however we did go through NZ Duty free, and then duty free in Melbourne, and still found the deals we managed to get on board the ship were cheaper.

If the cruise takes in an international port then duty free will be available on board. Some alcoholic items are cheaper but not considerably cheaper than say a major sale at Dan Murphy's. If it is not an issue carrying you bottles, then go for it. Remember that any duty free taken on board or bought on board is held until the last night of the cruise.:D

leaving Sydney from the overseas terminal on the solstice 3.4.15,can anyone tell me if you can buy duty free at the terminal

thank you in advance

I will be flying in a day or 2 early for this cruise. I don't know if I should stay by the airport or by the port. Any suggestions? Are they close by eachother?

Edited by dw194

I will be flying in a day or 2 early for this cruise. I don't know if I should stay by the airport or by the port. Any suggestions? Are they close by eachother?

They are half an hour or so apart , I suggest you stay in the CBD or close by the OPT (port), as it is in the heart of Sydney and near most of the major landmarks (Harbour Bridge, Botanical Gardens & Opera House) or close to transport to get you there (Blue Mountains, Manly & Bondi beaches) while the airport is outside of it and more of an industrial area.:D

NOT NOT NOT at the airport, the only thing there is, well the Airport, the only reason really to stay there is to get an early flight.

Some great hotels around the OPT or CBD areas, really depends on your budget, there are 2 I recommend as a starting point

Travelodge at Wynyard near train station about 1/4 hour walk at a gentle stroll stopping to look in shops etc from OPT but still central to the city [about $130] or

Holiday Inn at The Rocks literally opposite the OPT about 5 minute walk to Circular Quay Ferry and Train [about $250], I love waking up and seeing my ship out the window, or even wandering down and watching her enter the harbour if I can't sleep.

Now there are a Lot of others depending what you are looking for