Pride Review - New Year's 2015

CascaisCruiser

Was Belize the only port that you had to tender to?

I've been trying to figure out where to find that information, but have not been successful.

Great review, thanks for taking the time.

According to the Carnival website in FAQ's, Belize, Caymans and sometimes Cozumel are tender ports

We tendered in Belize and Grand Cayman.

I had read a lot of reviews on cavetubing.bz and never saw any comments about cutting it close with getting back to the ship on time. We were back with 1 hour until the last tender. And we had arrived into port that morning almost an hour late. If you arrive into port on time, you should have even more time to spare.

Thank You so much for the review. We have been thinking of this itinerary on the Pride vs taking a 6 day Breeze itinerary and one of the biggest hurdles is ship condition. We live in Tampa so it is so much easier and an extra almost always wins!

I take it the difference is more decor than "run down" is that true?

Thanks for the review. I was on the Pride in 2013 and can't wait to see the changes in October. So so glad to see that they have come into the 21st century and replaced those hideous tv's with flat screens. We couldn't see a thing last cruise, while I don't watch tv on a cruise I love to see where we are and the view from the bridge.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for your review!!! Any pics of the new water park area

I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures of it. It's smaller than the Waterworks area on the Dream or the Magic. There are 2 big slides. A yellow spiral slide and the Green Thunder, which is the one where the bottom drops out. There are some smaller slides for kids and I think a dump bucket.

Thank You so much for the review. We have been thinking of this itinerary on the Pride vs taking a 6 day Breeze itinerary and one of the biggest hurdles is ship condition. We live in Tampa so it is so much easier and an extra almost always wins!

I take it the difference is more decor than "run down" is that true?

I agree it's more in decor. I haven't been on the Breeze but from the pictures I've seen the decor on Pride is "heavy" and a bit darker, in some areas.

It's mainly in the atrium and the hallways to the cabins. The hallways are all filled with the same "art" just in different colors on each deck. Part of the art is a topless lady and one is a man with a fig leaf (hence the comments from my 7 year old). The atrium is full of what I call old European art (people with minimal clothing on).

The Lido buffet is a mermaid theme which I liked and the Dining Room is nicely done in light colors.

We had thought about the Breeze for New Year's but chose this for the extra day.

Thanks for the review. I was on the Pride in 2013 and can't wait to see the changes in October. So so glad to see that they have come into the 21st century and replaced those hideous tv's with flat screens. We couldn't see a thing last cruise, while I don't watch tv on a cruise I love to see where we are and the view from the bridge.

I think it depends on the cabin whether the TVs have been upgraded. Over our NYE 2015 cruise our cabin, 7171, still had an old TV. It did work fine though.

• 2 weeks later...
Fantastic review! Please tell me more about Seuss. Is it offered every morning? How do I book it? Do the Seuss characters show up at random places or at other times/places listed in the Fun Times?

The breakfast was offered on the last sea day with 2 seatings; 8:30 and 9:45. It's $5 per person. I purchased it at the Camp Carnival orientation on the first night. There was also someone in the Atrium on embarkation day selling tickets. Then in the Fun Times, there was a little info on it and the number you could call. The 4 charachters (Cat in the Hat, Sam I Am, Thing 1 and Thing 2) walked around throughout the breakfast. They did have a Carnival photographer there to taking pics, too.

The first sea day they did a charachter parade starting in the Atrium at 3pm (I believe). We didn't go but apparently they paraded from there to the main showroom where they read a story.

They said the charachters would also be at Mahogany Bay. I never saw them but we were off the ship almost immediately and off on an excursion.