Disney "Private" Transportation - WDW to ship & return to WDW

Ancon

We are a party of 7 going from a WDW hotel to the Disney Dream and then returning to a WDW hotel after the cruise. We have previously used the Disney Bus to get from our Disney Hotel to the Port Canaveral cruise terminal and then used a 3rd party limo service (not Disney) to return to a WDW hotel.

While talking with a Disney representative, we were informed that Disney can provide "Private" Luxury Van transportation to and from the ship. We have a few questions:

1) Has anyone used this service?

2) Was your experience enjoyable, efficient and prompt?

3) In what manner was the van considered luxury (vehicle/amenities)?

4) Any issues with the luggage?

5) Would you do it again?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions.

Ancon

You left out one issue that MIGHT be important to you--how much does this cost. Disney transportation by bus (not private, not luxury) is $35 per person each way. This is as much as double what you might pay for a private company for a party of 7. One would suppose that their "private, luxury" service would be more than their standard $35 service.

Moki, Thank You for the response. I am not so worried about the cost, but we are more interested in learning what special services/equipment Disney provides since they are classifying the service as a "Luxury" van.

We are a party of 7 going from a WDW hotel to the Disney Dream and then returning to a WDW hotel after the cruise. We have previously used the Disney Bus to get from our Disney Hotel to the Port Canaveral cruise terminal and then used a 3rd party limo service (not Disney) to return to a WDW hotel.

While talking with a Disney representative, we were informed that Disney can provide "Private" Luxury Van transportation to and from the ship. We have a few questions:

1) Has anyone used this service?

2) Was your experience enjoyable, efficient and prompt?

3) In what manner was the van considered luxury (vehicle/amenities)?

4) Any issues with the luggage?

5) Would you do it again?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions.

Ancon

I haven't heard of any separate transportation (apart from the regular DCL transport service). There are times that DCL transportation will use smaller vans (7-10 passenger vans) to take people to/from WDW/port. Our last cruise we were in one of those from the port to our resort. They are the typical large van shuttle service that you can find anywhere (much like our Super Shuttle experience).

They will use these if there are smaller groups going to specific resorts to help even out the larger bus loads. Although on our van we still stopped at 3 resorts for dropping off people.

Unless Disney has started some other service (with possibly a higher cost?) that's the only van service I know of.

Shmoo, I think the point is that a CM has at least implied that DCL operates another service. Yes, they have always had the option of using smaller vans instead of the big bus in some instances (and I was once put on one of those vans). But it that's what they are talking about, they are not private and they are not luxury.

I do know that they contract thru Mears to offer some special van transportation for wedding parties in a nicer vehicle. I don't know if this is restricted just to wedding groups, but that might be what the CM is thinking of.

TO OP--I don't think we have any definite info on this. If you get some, please post it. On the other hand, I know FL Tours, Happy limo, and Southern Elegance give good service. All have web sites showing their types of vehicles and costs. Obviously if you use these, you need to get your luggage to the front of the resort. The bell services desk is happy to help.

Let me preface this reply by stating that I have no experience with using private "luxury" vans for transportation between WDW and Canaveral.

However, I do have experience with using the private, "luxury" van/motorcoach around the WDW resort areas and to/from the airport. Several years ago, my husband's family (and extended family-- 18 people total) took a bucket list vacation to WDW. I mean, luxury all the way-- no expense spared for the week, and his grandparents were adamant that the party be driven around between properties and restaurants, downtown Disney, airport, etc. The trip was a delight.

The private motorcoach used was a contracted vehicle, not Disney owned-- similar to something a church or assisted living facility might utilize. The driver was always prompt, always courteous, our luggage safely stowed in the back to and from the airport. It was described to us as luxurious, too, although I'm not totally sure what was luxurious. Nice, yes. If what you're seeking is transportation for just your party then absolutely utilize this service contracted by Disney.I'm sure you can arrange it more inexpensively on your own, but I thought the motorcoach provided by Disney was fine.

Sorry for rambling!

Edited by Dulciana8

Just for kicks, I just looked up Happy Limo. From any WDW hotel to Port Canaveral in a 10 passenger van, they charge $171 one way. Of course a tip to the driver is standard. This fee includes a stop at a store on the way if desired.

I'd want to know what I was getting in addition to transportation for my $345!

If you book through Disney, disney can help if there is an issue. Still not worth the extra in my book...

Just for kicks' date=' I just looked up Happy Limo. From any WDW hotel to Port Canaveral in a 10 passenger van, they charge $171 one way. Of course a tip to the driver is standard. This fee includes a stop at a store on the way if desired.

I'd want to know what I was getting in addition to transportation for my $345![/quote']