Emirate Airlines

Luxana

Can someone tell me about Business Class on Emirate? I will be flying from JFK to Dubai in March and later from Dubai to Hong Kong. I've booked Business Class, but this is my first trip to Asia. The trip includes two weeks on the Celebrity Millennium. Thanks so much!

Edited by Luxana

Can someone tell me about Business Class on Emirate? I will be flying from JFK to Dubai in March and later from Dubai to Hong Kong. I've booked Business Class, but this is my first trip to Asia. The trip includes two weeks on the Celebrity Millennium. Thanks so much!

my favourite airline in the world. I travel long haul emirates at least once a year and am lucky enough to be in business class. The 380 BC is probably their best product, the bar at the back of the smaller business class section can be a lot of fun. I tend to stay out of the larger business class section of the plane as it feels a bit like economy up there, the smaller bc section has a small intimate feel.

The seats are herringboned so you have more privacy and include a cool bar in the window portion of the pod, plenty of storage and the entertainment can't be beaten.

If you are on the 380 you'll have a great flight.

The 777-300 and the 777-200 are a reasonable product but not a match on the 380 with only incline seas rather than the full bed. (or at least they were last time i flew them)

Take Emirates up on the provided car, it makes travelling too and from the airport a lot easier. Dubai is a great new airport, but the lounge there can be a bit crowded.

Im looking forward to being back on them shortly.

have fun, press all the buttons, jump up and down on the seat, eat everything and drink as much krug as you like...what could be better?

regards Roscoe

my favourite airline in the world. I travel long haul emirates at least once a year and am lucky enough to be in business class. The 380 BC is probably their best product, the bar at the back of the smaller business class section can be a lot of fun. I tend to stay out of the larger business class section of the plane as it feels a bit like economy up there, the smaller bc section has a small intimate feel.

The seats are herringboned so you have more privacy and include a cool bar in the window portion of the pod, plenty of storage and the entertainment can't be beaten.

If you are on the 380 you'll have a great flight.

The 777-300 and the 777-200 are a reasonable product but not a match on the 380 with only incline seas rather than the full bed. (or at least they were last time i flew them)

Take Emirates up on the provided car, it makes travelling too and from the airport a lot easier. Dubai is a great new airport, but the lounge there can be a bit crowded.

Im looking forward to being back on them shortly.

have fun, press all the buttons, jump up and down on the seat, eat everything and drink as much krug as you like...what could be better?

regards Roscoe

Roscoe, we are on the 380; how do I insure I'm in the more intimate Business Class section? I love the name Roscoe. My husband and I are sphynx breeders (hairless cats) and our primary stud is named Roscoe. It was also the name of my first cat when I was a kid.

Edited by Luxana

I heartily agree that travelling business class with Emirates is definitely the way to fly. I may be a little biased as my son actually works for Emirates and he and the family are based in Dubai so I have the privilege of getting staff travel, although this does not entitle me to the chauffeur car service. I opt for the business class as I can get the fare for less than the economy price so am happy to pay rather than travel economy on a stand-by basis. I have travelled in economy but after having experienced business it has spoiled me.

I usually opt for a seat in row 11 or 12 which I find suits me. Nearer the back of the section you have everyone going back and forth to the washrooms and the bar area - this is a great place to unwind and have a chat with your fellow passengers and a few drinks certainly help to pass the time.

Dubai Airport is massive and there is so much to see there which helps pass the time if you are on a stopover. The Business Class lounge is great - free food and drink and lots of comfy chairs to laze in.

The A380 are the best but I have also travelled on the 777 with no problems.

You will love the United Arab Emirates. Good luck with all your plans

Suron (Bristol, UK)

I heartily agree that travelling business class with Emirates is definitely the way to fly. I may be a little biased as my son actually works for Emirates and he and the family are based in Dubai so I have the privilege of getting staff travel, although this does not entitle me to the chauffeur car service. I opt for the business class as I can get the fare for less than the economy price so am happy to pay rather than travel economy on a stand-by basis. I have travelled in economy but after having experienced business it has spoiled me.

I usually opt for a seat in row 11 or 12 which I find suits me. Nearer the back of the section you have everyone going back and forth to the washrooms and the bar area - this is a great place to unwind and have a chat with your fellow passengers and a few drinks certainly help to pass the time.

Dubai Airport is massive and there is so much to see there which helps pass the time if you are on a stopover. The Business Class lounge is great - free food and drink and lots of comfy chairs to laze in.

The A380 are the best but I have also travelled on the 777 with no problems.

You will love the United Arab Emirates. Good luck with all your plans

Suron (Bristol, UK)

Suron, thank you! I will try to get row 11 or 12.

All I can say is that flying Emirates Business Class has spoiled me for other airlines. Food, entertainment, service and the chauffeur service are all fantastic. Wish I could fly that way all the time. Alas I can't afford it myself for personal travel butI do get it when travelling for business.

Roscoe, we are on the 380; how do I insure I'm in the more intimate Business Class section? I love the name Roscoe. My husband and I are sphynx breeders (hairless cats) and our primary stud is named Roscoe. It was also the name of my first cat when I was a kid.

lol...thanks, I guess I could have been called a lot worse...and in fact have in the past.

I use a airline seat review site if Im flying on a new plane or route, I don't think i can repeat the name of the site here but if you use mr google and put in airline seat review you should come up with it. Have a look as these sites include seat plans and usually notate each seat with its plus's and minus's, and once you have chosen your preferred seat be it up front in Biz or in the smaller area in form tot the bar you can either flog onto the emirates site with your booking number and change the seat or alternatively tell your travel agent to do it.

The UAE is interesting, every year i travel to it the skyline has changed dramatically.

A trip to the UAE is worth travelling on the 380 alone.

All I can say is that flying Emirates Business Class has spoiled me for other airlines. Food, entertainment, service and the chauffeur service are all fantastic. Wish I could fly that way all the time. Alas I can't afford it myself for personal travel butI do get it when travelling for business.

Hello AmoMondo

Suzanne here. I will be off to Dubai again in two weeks. This time my son and his family will be joining me on MSC Orchestra - same itinerary as last March but what the heck there are still so many things I have not seen in each port! The twin grandsons are so excited - this will be the first cruise they and their parents have done. The boys will want to go to Ferrari World so I will go there with them whilst Stephen & Fiona do the culture and historical sights. We are all booked on the Dhow Dolphin Cruise from Khasab and will do our thing at other ports.

Hope your travel plans for 2015 go well

Regards

Suzanne

lol...thanks, I guess I could have been called a lot worse...and in fact have in the past.

I use a airline seat review site if Im flying on a new plane or route, I don't think i can repeat the name of the site here but if you use mr google and put in airline seat review you should come up with it. Have a look as these sites include seat plans and usually notate each seat with its plus's and minus's, and once you have chosen your preferred seat be it up front in Biz or in the smaller area in form tot the bar you can either flog onto the emirates site with your booking number and change the seat or alternatively tell your travel agent to do it.

The UAE is interesting, every year i travel to it the skyline has changed dramatically.

A trip to the UAE is worth travelling on the 380 alone.

Where can we get the best food in Dubai? One night we are going into the desert for dinner there which is included in our itinerary. But, the other nights we are on our own. Oh, and we're wine enthusiasts so we plan to frequent only places with alcohol and also want to do some bar hopping:)

Where can we get the best food in Dubai? One night we are going into the desert for dinner there which is included in our itinerary. But, the other nights we are on our own. Oh, and we're wine enthusiasts so we plan to frequent only places with alcohol and also want to do some bar hopping:)

bar hopping in Dubai???? I think you are going to the wrong place!.

The only bars you'll find are attached to the hotels, which is also in my opinion also where you'll find the better dining experiences. Can I suggest rather you use Dubai for a different sort of experience? There is some amazing architecture and culture there, the falconry is pretty interesting and you should experience that in the desert

I enjoy the Atlantis waterpark more than the wadi water park.

I am not a shopper but walking around the Dubai Mall is pretty interesting for an out of reality experience. Especially the two story aquarium.

Seeing the Burg Al Arab is pretty cool. even better to have afternoon tea there...thats a lot of fun.

They have a really good monorail system in Dubai now so getting around is pretty easy. The roads are now pretty clogged with traffic so driving is not as efficient as it used to be.

The gold and spice souk are about the oldest culture you will find there. Unfortuantely there is not much in the city that is older than 50 odd years.

The museum is interesting, its on the other side of the creek , worth a visit.

but bars??? ..... you'll see what I mean once you have been there.

Thanks to both of you who responded! I think I did mean hotel bars and we have planned excursions. Atlantis water park is on our list and definitely want to see the aquarium.

the Atlantis has the best water ride ever....

6 stories up...almost vertical drop...through a tank of sharks and out the other side to the beach.....

BEST RIDE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):)

the Atlantis has the best water ride ever....

6 stories up...almost vertical drop...through a tank of sharks and out the other side to the beach.....

BEST RIDE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):)

OMG! How does it work? Are you actually in the water with the sharks?

OMG! How does it work? Are you actually in the water with the sharks?

unfortunately....not...you are in a tube which goes through their tank....but it still gets your attention.

There is a large glass wall you can watch people shoot through with the sharks floating about smacking their lips and sharpening their forks.

The monorail to the atlantis resort is a great ride too...meant to mention it.

Last couple of times I stayed in Dubai it was at the Dubai Palace. It is built on the edge of the Kalif fountains, which play fairly regulary. The night show is on parr with the Bellagio show in Vegas. The restaurants at the hotel are probably my favourite in town, especially as the hotel is particularly "Arab" in flavour as opposed to "international" at most of the other 5 star hotels.

From memory the Armani Hotel had an extensive wine collection.

unfortunately....not...you are in a tube which goes through their tank....but it still gets your attention.

There is a large glass wall you can watch people shoot through with the sharks floating about smacking their lips and sharpening their forks.

The monorail to the atlantis resort is a great ride too...meant to mention it.

Last couple of times I stayed in Dubai it was at the Dubai Palace. It is built on the edge of the Kalif fountains, which play fairly regulary. The night show is on parr with the Bellagio show in Vegas. The restaurants at the hotel are probably my favourite in town, especially as the hotel is particularly "Arab" in flavour as opposed to "international" at most of the other 5 star hotels.

From memory the Armani Hotel had an extensive wine collection.

Do you need to wear a bathing suit for the water ride? Wine collection, Armani Hotel, thank you!

Hello AmoMondo

Suzanne here. I will be off to Dubai again in two weeks. This time my son and his family will be joining me on MSC Orchestra - same itinerary as last March but what the heck there are still so many things I have not seen in each port! The twin grandsons are so excited - this will be the first cruise they and their parents have done. The boys will want to go to Ferrari World so I will go there with them whilst Stephen & Fiona do the culture and historical sights. We are all booked on the Dhow Dolphin Cruise from Khasab and will do our thing at other ports.

Hope your travel plans for 2015 go well

Regards

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne

Nice to hear from you again. I did consider the Orchestra since they are accepting solo passengers again, however got such a good deal on the Serena that I'm also doing the same cruise again as last year albeit on a different ship in March. As you say no shortage of things to do in Dubai

Instead of staying at JBR pre and post cruise as I've done the past 3 years, I'm staying at Dubai creek pre cruise as I've never done the Abra crossing, souks or museum before. Post cruise I'm staying at the Conrad as it is right beside a metro stop and only 3 stops from Downtown. No beach this time!

I'm a swithering about a return visit to Emirates Palace when in Abu Dhabi. Their spa looks amazing so may do lunch or afternoon tea plus a bit of pampering.

The orchestra is similar in layout to the Lirica just bigger and nicer in my opinion.

Have a wonderful trip. Sounds like you have some great things planned with your family. One of these years we will be heading out at the same time. I enjoy it so much it is becoming my start of year ritual!

Hello AmoMondo

Hope you enjoy your forthcoming cruise around the UAE. I too seem to have fallen into a routine of heading to Dubai around this time of year -just love it!

I can certainly recommend the afternoon tea at the Emirates Palace Hotel and the spa sounds interesting.

A cruise around the Dubai Creek is interesting and the Dhow Dinner Cruise is good value.

You never know but we may find ourselves in the same place one day.

My plans for 2015 May include NCL Epic - solos so well catered for but it is a huge ship. Other option is to re-book the hotel at Cavtat, Croatia which I had to cancel due to last year's surgery.

Have a great cruise.

Regards

Suzanne

My favorites in Dubai:

Armani Deli for Friday brunch it is not your typical 3 hour buffet brunch but more intimate and available from noon to nine pm. There is a special pork room and another large counter to select your starter with pasta and main courses served at the table, a large dessert counter to select your choices from as well as free flowing Prosecco or wine; if you are not there on a Friday you will also enjoy dinner and the new terrace should now be open

http://dubai.armanihotels.com/dine/dine_armani_peck_en.html

At.mosphere on the 123rd floor of Burj Khalifa for great food, service, and view

Thiptara-Palace Hotel where you won't get any closer to the Dubai fountains;

licensed and very good Thai food

For Indian food Amala at Zabeel Saray

https://www.jumeirah.com/en/hotels-resorts/dubai/jumeirah-zabeel-saray/restaurants/amala/

For romance and a great view of Burj al Arab try Pier Chic at Madinat Jumeirah

https://www.jumeirah.com/en/hotels-resorts/dubai/madinat-

jumeirah/restaurants--bars/pierchic/

Middle Eastern- my favorites are Wafi Gourmet and Karam Beirut which are both on the promenade of Dubai Mall facing the fountains but they are not licensed;

across the street at the al Manzil Hotel is a restaurant called Courtyard which has very good ME food in a leafy open sky setting and they are licensed as well as having shisha

Enjoy Dubai and your cruise!

Edited by lilybob

My favorites in Dubai:

Armani Deli for Friday brunch it is not your typical 3 hour buffet brunch but more intimate and available from noon to nine pm. There is a special pork room and another large counter to select your starter with pasta and main courses served at the table, a large dessert counter to select your choices from as well as free flowing Prosecco or wine; if you are not there on a Friday you will also enjoy dinner and the new terrace should now be open

http://dubai.armanihotels.com/dine/dine_armani_peck_en.html

At.mosphere on the 123rd floor of Burj Khalifa for great food, service, and view

Thiptara-Palace Hotel where you won't get any closer to the Dubai fountains;

licensed and very good Thai food

For Indian food Amala at Zabeel Saray

https://www.jumeirah.com/en/hotels-resorts/dubai/jumeirah-zabeel-saray/restaurants/amala/

For romance and a great view of Burj al Arab try Pier Chic at Madinat Jumeirah

https://www.jumeirah.com/en/hotels-resorts/dubai/madinat-

jumeirah/restaurants--bars/pierchic/

Middle Eastern- my favorites are Wafi Gourmet and Karam Beirut which are both on the promenade of Dubai Mall facing the fountains but they are not licensed;

across the street at the al Manzil Hotel is a restaurant called Courtyard which has very good ME food in a leafy open sky setting and they are licensed as well as having shisha

Enjoy Dubai and your cruise!

Lilybob, thank you so much! I am copying this and sending it to my travel companions.

Hello AmoMondo

Hope you enjoy your forthcoming cruise around the UAE. I too seem to have fallen into a routine of heading to Dubai around this time of year -just love it!

I can certainly recommend the afternoon tea at the Emirates Palace Hotel and the spa sounds interesting.

A cruise around the Dubai Creek is interesting and the Dhow Dinner Cruise is good value.

You never know but we may find ourselves in the same place one day.

My plans for 2015 May include NCL Epic - solos so well catered for but it is a huge ship. Other option is to re-book the hotel at Cavtat, Croatia which I had to cancel due to last year's surgery.

Have a great cruise.

Regards

Suzanne

Thanks Suzanne.

You have a good time too. I'm hoping to do a week in the Med on the Divina with a post cruise stay in Sorrento in June and got To Australia (again) and New Zealand in NOvember. Al depends on this year's bonus though and that is not announced until early March.

Not many of us have the privilege of flying in the premium cabins.

The good news is that even Emirates Economy is pretty good. Enjoyed the Economy product recently. Here are some videos to show you.

Emirates A380 - Singapore to Dubai

[YOUTUBE]-nXZM64tHXc[/YOUTUBE]

Dubai Airport transit, including Shakeshack burger

[YOUTUBE]ovVNQ-FoYdQ[/YOUTUBE]

Emirates A380 Dubai to London Heathrow - Flight 007. (James Bond!)

[YOUTUBE]4DUkv4aihuU[/YOUTUBE]

Iluvcruising, thank you for the fabulous videos. My two travel companions are flying economy and I sent them the link. I am flying business class, so if you know of any videos for that, it would be greatly appreciated. You are great on videos, OMG!!!