Luggage For Sale, The Plan

kjg46

I have been on a number of Princess cruises. I can't remember if the onboard shops sell luggage. I think I have seen some king of duffle bag but not actual hand luggage. Appreciate comments.

Wife and I are booked on a Baltic cruise later this year. With all the ports, I am sure we will buy STUFF we don't need. I figure we buy an extra piece of luggage for the return home. We will pay for the extra bag. Hopefully, this will we cheaper than the excess weight fees.

On our Med cruise in 2009, our friends' luggage was just torn up by the airlines. When we got to Venice, we had a 2-day stay. They bought new luggage (2) there. Of course, they found fine leather luggage around St.Mark's square, but they explained they wanted less expensive luggage, and were directed to a side street. They found some that they liked and the price was fair.

By the was, this was on Celebrity Summit. The cabin steward tried to fix the luggage, and then got a "blue suit" maintenance man, who also tried to help, but the entire bottom and wheels were torn on one case and the other one was ripped completely. The ship had tried to fix them with duct tape, but this was the beginning of a 3-week cruise with a land trip later.

I would recommend asking in port if you don't find what you like on board. Good luck!!

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums