Steamers

newfieprincess

My wedding dress will be wrinkled from travelling on our way to our wedding cruise. Apparently you can't take a battery operated steamer on board and the ship only has irons. Any suggestions to get the wrinkles out, especially considering handing in the bathroom for a long period of time where my finace will see it is not a great option.

Hopefully you are traveling in the night before. Go ahead and bring your steamer and steam the dress at the hotel the night before, then cover in a dry cleaner bag and hand carry it on to the ship. You can either mail your steamer home or just turn it in to the "naughty room" and pick it up at disembarkation.

Many cruise lines WILL allow a steamer.....so I'd bring it...and if they take it...oh well....send your dress to be steamed...the ship will do it. If your steamer gets through (and it probably will, as long as there is no metal plate on it), then you can do it.

Thanks for the replies. Carnival does not allow steamers (it is specifically stated on their website) and they do not offer steaming services (only ironing) and with the dress being pure silk the risk is not work it. I will take the advice given and stream it the morning of the cruise before leaving the hotel and pack the streamer and hope for the best. Sad to have to be dishonest about it however this day is very important.

Thanks again.

Edited by newfieprincess