1/15/2015 24 hour sale

Viscus

How about $2pp for a four-night on the Imagination??

Jan 25, 2015 sailing; $2pp max two people, interior cabin - total with taxes, fees, and port charges = $180.30

Absolute insanity. I'm kicking myself for the fact that we're already on that sailing!

HomeschoolCruisePrice.JPG

Edited by AQW
Added photo

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. However, it seems like they are selecting sailings as they upload the campaign to the site. The prices keep jumping around or not allowing me to get through to payment screen. Hopefully, the prices of $180pp for this 8 day cruise is stays the same price. :)

Yeahhhhh, I first posted using the calendar thingy they have if you go through the deal link. Using the "find a cruise" option yields some pretty crazy results. Wish I didn't live in Atlanta right now, those LA cruises are insane if they're real.

I'm thinking a lot of these prices are errors. Our cruise that's already booked is showing as $200pp with the guarantee, but when you go to book it, it jumps to $349pp. I'll see what it looks like tomorrow before I go too crazy.

Ours worked fine, we put a 24 hour hold on it to make sure we have our dates at work scheduled off. It shows the correct price and we even called Carnival to ask a few questions. They are showing the discounted price too. First thing she said was "wow that is a great price" lol.

This will save us over $400! I am so glad that I waited. :D

I got in on one of the really low ones, $16 pp ov 4nights, but it wouldn't take my credit card so I have it on a 24 hour hold. The site was definitely having some issues as I was trying to wrap up my reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prices are back up again... still showing as ridiculously low on the main page, but when you click through to book they jump up. Hope some folks got in on the great bargains!

Yeah, I am trying to do a mock one for my same sailing and the prices are up again. Shows discounted at first but when you go through..the price goes up.

My cruise on hold still shows the discounted price thankfully. I need to get that paid early tomorrow. Lol..not to take chances.

I got in on one of the really low ones, $16 pp ov 4nights, but it wouldn't take my credit card so I have it on a 24 hour hold. The site was definitely having some issues as I was trying to wrap up my reservation.

Really? I hope I don't have a problem tomorrow morning with paying it. Luckily, we did speak to someone at Carnival and have her direct number. So I guess we could always give her the payment info if the site isn't working.

Just remember this folks (from Carnival ticket contract)

"Carnival reserves the right to increase published fares and air fare supplements without prior notice. In the event that a cruise fare listed, quoted or advertised through any website, Carnival s sales person, travel agent or any other source is booked, but is incorrect due to an electronic error, typographical error, human error or any other error causing the fare to be listed, quoted or advertised for an amount not intended by Carnival, Carnival reserves the right to correct the erroneous fare by requesting the Guest to pay the correct fare intended, or by canceling the cruise."

Mom,

I already have to talk to my PVP tomorrow anyhow so it shouldn't be a problem to take care of it at that time. Crossing my fingers. :)

If not, then I still had a really good time booking it.

I was on hold for 25min but finally got through to a very helpful rep - they are calling it a "system glitch" and saying Carnival is aware of the problem and is working to fix it. I will be interested to know if they will honor the price on those 24-hour holds, given the wording of the cruise contract. Do keep us posted!

So, the rate I got when I logged on (before I saw this post) was cheaper but still 1170 for four (we are paying 1576) and 512 for our room with two (we are paying 918). I took a screen shot showing the prices and called before seeing this. After an hour on the phone the supervisor decided it was a glitch due to my putting in multiple cabins in my request...what the heck. I could see it being a glitch if it were $100 or less but these see like they could be legit for guarantee. I submitted a form and let them know I have a screen shot and am willing to go into the guarantee pool. I may call back tomorrow and see if I get a different answer.

The ridiculously low fares where either glitches or in super small quantities. If you booked one and they don't cancel it on you, I'm super jealous. Grats!

From what I've been told, only 6 cabins need to be set aside by law for a specific type of sale. So yes, 6 cabins could go in the blink of an eye to fulfill the legal requirements of a sale leaving the rest to hopefully pay more.

The ridiculously low fares where either glitches or in super small quantities. If you booked one and they don't cancel it on you, I'm super jealous. Grats!

When we called, they were only naming a few cabins for the inside guarantee on our ship. (We were asking to make sure it wouldn't be one with 4 bunk beds)

I booked ours at probably 15 mins after it went live. Ours wasn't a $2 per person thing like posted above. That is crazy low. Ours came out to about 170 per person for a 7 day. So still a fantastic deal.

Edited by Momtoboys2