Star SJ Cabins

BSR

Getting ready to book our first SJ suite on the Star as we normally book the aft penthouse suite. This will be a change for us not having a balcony. Any preference in cabin numbers? I have plenty of choices to pick from as it is wide open. Any comments on 12518, 12520 or 12516?

I read about noise from the jogging track and will like to avoid those cabins.

Getting ready to book our first SJ suite on the Star as we normally book the aft penthouse suite. This will be a change for us not having a balcony. Any preference in cabin numbers? I have plenty of choices to pick from as it is wide open. Any comments on 12518, 12520 or 12516?

We were in 12518 and we heard nothing from the jogging track. Loved the cabin, great value considering the size of the cabin. With all the windows we never missed the balcony. Would not hesitate to book it again.

We were in 12518 and we heard nothing from the jogging track. Loved the cabin, great value considering the size of the cabin. With all the windows we never missed the balcony. Would not hesitate to book it again.

Thanks. Is there a separate area (vanity area) like the aft suites have? I didn't see this area in any pictures?

The 125-- side of the ship, left or port, is the smoking side. When you head to Cagney's or the pool deck you will encounter the smokers. The closer you get to the front the farther you will be from the jogging track. The bathroom is MUCH nicer than the penthouse suites. You have a walk-thru closet to get into the bathroom, but no dedicated vanity area. NCL expects you to use the area under the TV at the desk area.

• 2 months later...

Just curious if anyone can smell old smoke smell in any of the suites on what used to be the smoking side? We are very sensitive to smoke, so will avoid the smoking areas the best we can, but even old smoke smells bug us.

Thanks. Is there a separate area (vanity area) like the aft suites have? I didn't see this area in any pictures?

The SJ suites don't have that separate vanity area like the aft penthouses do. I loved that set up the aft penthouses have with the vanity, bathroom, closet area. The bathroom in the SJ suite is bigger. Double sink, separate shower and tub.

I booked 12520 just because it's near elevator. My cruise date is november 1, 2015

Just got off the Star this past Sunday - we were in 12528 - heard the jogging track loud and clear.

Just curious if anyone can smell old smoke smell in any of the suites on what used to be the smoking side? We are very sensitive to smoke, so will avoid the smoking areas the best we can, but even old smoke smells bug us.

Just got off the Star this past Sunday....

I did not think the smell of smoke bothered us, so I did not care where our suite was. But I have to say, the smell of smoke on the smoking side suites was strong. Some mornings it was a blast of smoke in the face when we opened our door. We were in 12528. And you have to walk through it to get to your room. You can of course walk around it, but it doesn't make sense. We will definitely book the other side next time.

Sorry - I see that you say the smell of old smoke ... do you mean that those suites used to be smoking suites? We did not smell it in the room. But once opening the door or walking down the hallway, for sure.

Just got off the Star this past Sunday....

I did not think the smell of smoke bothered us, so I did not care where our suite was. But I have to say, the smell of smoke on the smoking side suites was strong. Some mornings it was a blast of smoke in the face when we opened our door. We were in 12528. And you have to walk through it to get to your room. You can of course walk around it, but it doesn't make sense. We will definitely book the other side next time.

Sorry - I see that you say the smell of old smoke ... do you mean that those suites used to be smoking suites? We did not smell it in the room. But once opening the door or walking down the hallway, for sure.

We are in 12018 on the TA 4/27, how were the windows, were they fogged up?

We were in 12518 .....

We're in 12518 in September and we have the same "foggy" window question.

Were the double-pane seals broken on any of the windows causing them to form condensation between the panes?

Thanks in advance for the help.