Solstice in Melbourne 16-jan -2015

VK3DQ

Bring her back in great shape...we get on when you get back to Sydney -- yipeeeee. ..

We have not been on Solstice and this is our first trip to Austrslia. We are so excited I can hardly sleep. 6 more days until we fly over! ! :D

Edited by debshomespun

Bring her back in great shape...we get on when you get back to Sydney -- yipeeeee. ..

We have not been on Solstice and this is our first trip to Austrslia. We are so excited I can hardly sleep. 6 more days until we fly over! ! :D

I hope you enjoy your time here in Australia and I am sure you will love the Solstice.:D

just a little to the left of "OZtralia"

:D

You are correct, the A is to the left of the S on the keyboard as well.

messaging can be hard enough with typos but sometimes the smart -phones change complete words and that can be much worse.:o

just a little to the left of "OZtralia"

:D

You are correct, the A is to the left of the S on the keyboard as well. :D

messaging can be hard enough with typos but sometimes the smart -phones change complete words and that can be much worse.:o

We and our travelling companions took a trip down to Station Pier to watch her depart on Friday evening. We get on her in Freo in 40 days. We've got adjoining stern cabins so we were able to pick them out. Also saw plenty of pax at the sunset bar - a location which I'm sure we'll get very familiar with.

We met a few other past & future passengers seeing her off.

We and our travelling companions took a trip down to Station Pier to watch her depart on Friday evening. We get on her in Freo in 40 days. We've got adjoining stern cabins so we were able to pick them out. Also saw plenty of pax at the sunset bar - a location which I'm sure we'll get very familiar with.

We met a few other past & future passengers seeing her off.

The sunset bar is one of my favourite spots, especially for sailaways out of ports.:D

There's 10 of us travelling on solstice 22 nd March we all really excited my husband &. I were on royal carb voyager last march and had brill time so this our 2 nd cruise the other 8 are all cruise virgins, we were thinking of having a wig night for theme night on voyager they had a 70s night can't find any info on solstice ? Just want a laugh bit of fun is this the wrong cruise for this?:confused: we will be heading to freo to see ship in February as we count down days to our trip in March

There's 10 of us travelling on solstice 22 nd March we all really excited my husband &. I were on royal carb voyager last march and had brill time so this our 2 nd cruise the other 8 are all cruise virgins, we were thinking of having a wig night for theme night on voyager they had a 70s night can't find any info on solstice ? Just want a laugh bit of fun is this the wrong cruise for this?:confused: we will be heading to freo to see ship in February as we count down days to our trip in March

You'll be able to come and farewell us in Freo when we get on for the Top End cruise (we're counting down the days too). Whilst I am yet to sail on Solstice, I'm led to believe that they do not have theme nights. Others who have sailed on her will be able to confirm.

Cheers

They do not necessarily have theme nights where every one is dressed up in theme but they do have the production dancers do parties in the main atrium, these can be 70's and 80's nights or even motown. They are a lot of fun so if you feel inclined, bring your costumes and wigs and go with regardless.

Yes this was when we wanted to interact so to speak when production do there 70s or whatever night , maybe head to disco afterwards in our wigs for a boogie & laugh it's all about making memories so can't wait, yip team alpha if we at dock at time of sailing will defo be giving ship/ you lol a wave, on that note on our cruise last yr we were amazed we were up top for there leaving party , music nibbles (voyager) n we realised we were couple hundred feet from port never felt ship move:rolleyes: but when we did we really enjoyed waving to all those envious faces on shore lol

Yes this was when we wanted to interact so to speak when production do there 70s or whatever night , maybe head to disco afterwards in our wigs for a boogie & laugh it's all about making memories so can't wait, yip team alpha if we at dock at time of sailing will defo be giving ship/ you lol a wave, on that note on our cruise last yr we were amazed we were up top for there leaving party , music nibbles (voyager) n we realised we were couple hundred feet from port never felt ship move:rolleyes: but when we did we really enjoyed waving to all those envious faces on shore lol

That can happen easily, many there has been a time when departure has started without feeling the movement away from port. admittedly, it tends to happen more on tendered ports but it has happened at docks as well.;)

Just returned to Perth after our Auckland/Sydney cruise on the Solstice. We did the same trip 2 years ago but this time they included the Bay of Islands and Melbourne as stops, both of which were fabulous. Melbourne turned on the nicest summer day for us and it is such an interesting and easy city to get around, we had the best day. New since 1st January, all trams in the main CBD area are totally free - no MYKI card or payment required, just get on and get off. Melbourne should be a must-stop port for all Australian/NZ cruises!

Just returned to Perth after our Auckland/Sydney cruise on the Solstice. We did the same trip 2 years ago but this time they included the Bay of Islands and Melbourne as stops, both of which were fabulous. Melbourne turned on the nicest summer day for us and it is such an interesting and easy city to get around, we had the best day. New since 1st January, all trams in the main CBD area are totally free - no MYKI card or payment required, just get on and get off. Melbourne should be a must-stop port for all Australian/NZ cruises!

Excellent, it is such a progressive city and that will be a boon for businesses and tourism.:D