Taking spirits on board (not wanting to drink during cruise)

laurenpie

Hi,

This is not a thread about taking alcohol on board with the intention of drinking on board.. (won't open the bottles till 2 weeks later when we are back in Australia)

Flying in from Australia for our cruise on Oasis Of The Seas in May, our first stop (where we sleep that is) is in Fort Lauderdale, and was looking at the shops around the hotel/port and noticed Total Wine & More, and when looking on their website saw that there a few things that they sell there, that we want and cannot get here.

We have worked out that we can only get there prior to the cruise, and take it on-board with us due to our flight time after the cruise compared to when the shop opens.

My question is, if we did this, would it be taken out of our bag and destroyed? Or, would we get back on the last night of the cruise?

Total Wine is an amazing place, decent prices too :)

Be aware you'll have to put your purchases in your checked baggage on your way home, TSA doesn't like anything over an ounce or three when it comes to liquids in carry-on bags. [URL="http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/3-1-1-liquids-rule"]http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/3-1-1-liquids-rule[/URL] Total Wine has bottle wraps, "WineSkins" and so on. Have a great trip.

[quote name='Retired LEO']It will be taken and given back at the end of the cruise.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully. According to the FAQ "alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned":
[INDENT][URL="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=260"]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=260[/URL][/INDENT]

You might contact guest relations and ask how you might have them stored till the end of the cruise. Or maybe you can stop by Total Wine after the cruise.

It will be returned.

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A:
Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port. Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. [/COLOR]

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

[quote name='Ourusualbeach']It will be returned.

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A:
Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port. [COLOR="Red"]Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned.[/COLOR]

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. [/COLOR]

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.[/QUOTE]

It says it won't be

[quote name='laurenpie']Hi,

This is not a thread about taking alcohol on board with the intention of drinking on board.. (won't open the bottles till 2 weeks later when we are back in Australia)

Flying in from Australia for our cruise on Oasis Of The Seas in May, our first stop (where we sleep that is) is in Fort Lauderdale, and was looking at the shops around the hotel/port and noticed Total Wine & More, and when looking on their website saw that there a few things that they sell there, that we want and cannot get here.

We have worked out that we can only get there prior to the cruise, and take it on-board with us due to our flight time after the cruise compared to when the shop opens.

My question is, if we did this, would it be taken out of our bag and destroyed? Or, would we get back on the last night of the cruise?

We had a similar scenario a few weeks back. We were on "side to side" cruises. On the first cruise I had bought some rum from an island which I wanted to take home. When I arrived at our second ship (majesty of the seas) the bottle was taken away by security when we went through the scanners. The bottle was then delivered to our cabin by our steward on the last night of the cruise. No problems!

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

I emailed our hotel that we are staying at prior to the cruise, and the manager got back to me this morning saying that they are happy to hold our bag for the week. So at least I have an option there.

Thanks again! :)