Which stroller sGould I bring

rkcoulter

I will be leaving on my Disney Fantasy cruise 1/24, and I can't wait. We are traveling with my three year old. I am wondering which strolder to bring. We have a City Mini and umbrella stroller. My umbrella stroller is very basic- no canopy, does not recline, no basket. My City Mini has all that, plus it folds flat so I can store it under the bed with the luggage.

My questions is, will the City Mini fit down the hallways comfortably? Will I need it much on board? My daughter has been know to sleep in her stroller.

Thanka for any advice. Now, back to the packing. :)

Your umbrella stroller will be fine on board, and as you implied, will fit down the hallways much more easily than a big one. Remember that you'll need to fit around the host's carts, etc.

If you want a big one for excursions, Guest Services has them to loan. They put a $200 charge on your KTTW card and remove it when you return the stroller.

The Fantasy is a big ship for a 3 year old to be walking around. How much she'll need it is rather up to the two of you and somewhat dependent on where your cabin is. Mid to aft will be easier--Oceaneer's Club is mid, pool and dining are mid and aft. Adult areas are forward. If you have a forward cabin, you're going to be doing a lot of walking!

Edited by moki'smommy

I just checked with my wife to confirm and I can honestly say in our 5 cruises including the Disney Dream we never saw anyone use a stroller on a ship. I would definitely recommend bringing the smallest one you have if you really think you need one for the reasons previously stated by our seasoned posters.

I just checked with my wife to confirm and I can honestly say in our 5 cruises including the Disney Dream we never saw anyone use a stroller on a ship. I would definitely recommend bringing the smallest one you have if you really think you need one for the reasons previously stated by our seasoned posters.

WOW! I'm truly amazed as we see them frequently. In fact, one of my pet peeves is the person who brings that monster stroller and leaves it in the hallway (I'm guessing it doesn't conveniently fit in the stateroom). This is very awkward as I often travel with a friend who needs a wheelchair. Those hallways are narrow and negotiating around the carts is hard enough, but those strollers are hopeless.

We often see little people in strollers in the dining rooms where they sometimes sleep while mom and dad eat.

Bring the umbrella to use while waiting to board and rent onboard for shore excursions if needed.

The on board strollers are not "rented" in the sense that you pay for them, they are borrowed. Your KTTW is charged $200 when you take the stroller. The charge is then removed when you return it. So no money paid/lost as long as you bring back the stroller.

Interesting replies to this thread. We always bring a stroller and always see them. The halls are not as narrow as has been mentioned. Friends of ours once brought their double Bob. While big, it even fit in the halls(though I would not recommend).

Either of the OPs strollers will be fine. Pick whichever you're most comfortable with. I personally would bring the umbrella one.

Edited by Lerin

Interesting replies to this thread. We always bring a stroller and always see them. The halls are not as narrow as has been mentioned. Friends of ours once brought their double Bob. While big, it even fit in the halls(though I would not recommend).

Either of the OPs strollers will be fine. Pick whichever you're most comfortable with. I personally would bring the umbrella one.

Yes, many/most big strollers will fit thru the halls. That's not a problem when the halls are empty. It is a problem when the stateroom hosts have their carts out (which is much of the day except for mid afternoon). Some strollers take up most of the width of the hall, not allowing anyone to pass going the other direction. A really wide one may not fit thru the door. And then there is the issue of where to store it in the room (many fit under the bed...the bathtub is another storage spot when not in use, of course).

We have taken the city mini before. I have not had an umbrella since my first and know they are not for us as they hard to push because we are tall and hold nothing extra. So not sure about those. The city mini fits fine in hallways but is tight when someone is trying to get by. Honestly unless you kid sleeps a lot in them I would not bother using on board. It is just more trouble than it is worth.

It was handy however for getting off the island like at Castaway Cay. It folded up nicely in the closet.

It was handy however for getting off the island like at Castaway Cay. It folded up nicely in the closet.

At Castaway, to your left shortly after exiting the ship there is a large collection of red wagons which are available for your use for the day--no sign out, no charge. Must better than coming back with your stroller full of sand if it will suit your needs.

Does the same setup aply to the dream im looking to book soon and that is good info

Hi. We've never used stroller on ship, my kid can walk, she has working legs. Daddy will carry her on stairs IF ship is rocking, we always carry on stairs outside by pool, or avoid them, always wet! we probably carried a bit more when 14 months, but last week, I didn't carry her or use stroller, she's three.

We use our umbrella stroller, no frills, for customs and ports, though yesterday,I carried stroller, she pulled a roll suitcase, from our room, all the way to shuttle. DH always has a backpack for stuff! Used our Disney one last week on Royal.

On both our Disney cruises, we saw strollers, they weren't 'allowed' *in mdr, but left by back. (*I was told on CC, by someone they are allowed in mdr, but I know on ours people were asked to leave). We didn't use stroller at castaway cay, dd was 2. It's not that big/too far for her to walk. I didn't see any wagons, but we didn't get off the ship right away, we waited.

Last week, I saw a few, none umbrella, for the few babies. Pita in dinning and windjamers.

Edit to add. Our last three cabins, with kid, have been back of ship, we do take stairs, so I guess less walking?

Edited by Gardeneroflove

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update. We took the City Mini because it's great in airports. I am so glad we did. We didn't use it on the ship, but loved having our favorite stroller on excursions. It folded flat, so we slipped it easily under the bed. That was the key. Had it not fit under the bed it would have been a nuisance.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app