Best Dinner TImes?

soxfan2013

Usually when there's availability to book, but generally whenever I feel like going on a particular day. I prefer to dine late and that option is almost always available.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

[quote name='soxfan2013']What's the best time to nook dimmers at the Specialty restaurants?[/QUOTE]

Really depends on your situation. If you intend on using any On Board Credit you have to pay for the dinners, then do it as soon as you board. Reason for this is if you book prior to boarding, you have to pay for it with a credit card.

I plan on eating at specialty restauarnt every night, unless they have free good caviar and baked Alaska night in the mdr. Maybe one night in blue if avail. Suite comes w one free night. So, I probably want 2-3 nights in the french restaurant, and 1-2 nights in the Lawn Club, and maybe a night in Qsine, although reviews seem very mixed, as with the Tuscan Grille.

Seems there's a deal or discount to buy as a package.

In general, I like to eat before the show, although I don't always go to the show.

Not sure what "the show" is...

But your saying if I make reservations online in advance and I have cruise credit...they won't adjust and refund ur card and let you use ur cruise credits?

Independent of the answer to my question above, I went online to book a Specialty restaurant for night 1 and none are available for booking, but i can Specialty Package buy for 8:00 or 8:30?

And I thought suite guests get preference for reservation times?

So, they must hold out a lot of times for last minute bookings...?

How can they accept a purchase3 of a Specialty dinner package but not allow bookings for individual restaurants/nights?

If you are staying in a celebrity suite or higher, you will have access to the Michael's Club suite concierge and they can help you with the scheduling of your dining reservations. If you have a Royal suite or higher, starting April 2015 there's no charge for your specialty dining. Also, if you have booked your suite for after April of this year, you'll have access to the exclusive suite-only dining room.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

[quote name='soxfan2013']I plan on eating at specialty restauarnt every night, unless they have free good caviar and baked Alaska night in the mdr. Maybe one night in blue if avail. Suite comes w one free night. So, I probably want 2-3 nights in the french restaurant, and 1-2 nights in the Lawn Club, and maybe a night in Qsine, although reviews seem very mixed, as with the Tuscan Grille.

Seems there's a deal or discount to buy as a package.

In general, I like to eat before the show, although I don't always go to the show.

Not sure what "the show" is...

But your saying if I make reservations online in advance and I have cruise credit...they won't adjust and refund ur card and let you use ur cruise credits?[/QUOTE]

If you plan to eat in the specialty restaurants every night [or almost every night], you would be best purchasing the Ultimate Dining Package, if available. This package is only available on board. You should speak to the Specialty Dining desk as early as possible [because, if offered, there are only limited numbers] but the desk is usually next to the suite check-in desk so this is easy to do.

With the Ultimate Dining package, you will find that they will do what they can to accommodate you requests for reservations because, after all, they are duty bound to accommodate you somewhere every evening!

[quote name='soxfan2013']Is it not always available? And, how much is it?[/QUOTE]

It is not offered on all sailings. For example on [some] 5 night sailings or when pre-sales of specialty dining shows that they are likely to be very full.

It costs £29 per day for unlimited specialty dinners, all visit to Bistro on Five and at least one specialty lunch.

[quote name='soxfan2013']I am on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise next month.

If I purchase the 5 night package in advance, and then see the ultimate package is available on board, will they credit me back for my 5 night package.[/QUOTE]

Never done that but I expect so. It is what would happen with similar changes on board although, as you would be getting one extra night for less money, they may not be too enthusiastic about it and may decide that they are not selling/have sold out of the Ultimate Dining Package.

They really would be that manipulative to sky suite guest, because I heard they are selling these packages and happy to credit for ur free night. I was asking whether there's any issue as to whether they would credit back the 5 nigh pkg if prepaid, but I think they would and I think it sounds like they always sell these ultimate packages. Does onayone have any exp where they weren't for sale for a 7 night cruise?