Anchorage and Vancouver hotels where to stay

cruise.freak

I was going to recommend the Pan Pacific for Vancouver, but the OP may find the prices "crazy expensive."

For cruises departing from Canada Place the Pan Pacific hotel is simply wonderful. It is located above Canada Place with great views and a great staff. The bell staff will collect your luggage from your hotel room and transport it to the ship porters, and it was so nice to walk past the mess where folks were dropping off their luggage with just our carryon luggage.

Yes, hotels in Anchorage in the summer are expensive.

Here's another other option:

http://www.susitnaplace.com/

Wow, this B&B is exactly the type of place we wanted to find for a 2 night stay in Anchorage before heading to Seward for our cruise. Not to sure where this is located. Do you happen to know how far from airport/train station it is and if a cab would be able to pick us up for the early train to Seward? Thanks again for sharing this info!

We looked at places like Pan Pacific in Vancouver and they were just out of our budget. For us, a hotel only needs to be safe and clean and for our Alaska trip we wanted the added aspect of convenient location.

We stayed at Day's Inn in downtown Vancouver. It was $90 CAD. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and were definitely clean.

We walked to Stanley Park, Gastown and Chinatown as everything was fairly close. We did have the option of a shuttle provided by the hotel. We took advantage of this service to get us and our bags to the cruise chip terminal.

How many people?

In Vanc, Blue Horizon or Best Western Drake.

In Anc, what are your plans? will you have a car? If your stay in Anc is linked to a diy road trip, consider staying in the burbs ... Girdwood is 35 minutes south and Wasilla is about 45 minutes north.

How many people?

In Vanc, Blue Horizon or Best Western Drake.

I vote Blue Horizon or the Landmark across the street for budget travellers. These locations feature Robson street with lots of food choices.

http://www.expedia.ca/Vancouver-Hotels-Empire-Landmark-Hotel.h26034.Hotel-Information

Otherwise, I like the burb hotels like the Raddison (convenient subway and airport shuttle access)...

http://www.expedia.ca/Vancouver-Hotels-Radisson-Hotel-Vancouver-Airport.h14039.Hotel-Information

We are staying in Anchorage two night pre cruise before taking the train to Seward for our cruise. We will not have a car in Anchorage so just exploring our options. It will be myself, husband and 21 year old daughter. I think at the moment we are staying one night pre cruise and one night post cruise in Vancouver.

Edited by cruise.freak

hotels in midtown Anchorage tend to be less expensive than downtown, but are not as easy to get around for sightseeing; Embassy Suites

Look on tripadvisor for B&Bs near downtown; Wildflower Inn

There's plenty to see and do in Seward ... maybe head down there a day earlier?

We are booked at the Westmark in Anchorage and Fairbanks. The reviews of both seem good. We have to stay there due to our cruise tour with Holland. In Vancouver after lots of research and comparing we have chosen the Blue Horizon to stay at. Great reviews, great location and the price was reasonable. I booked through Priceline, checked directly with hotel and it was all good. I just checked priceline prices and the Blue Horizon has good prices. First time booking through a company like this one. Good luck with your decision.

Edited by travgurl