Priority luggage tags

CruisingNoob

Let's hope he's not (not saying he isn't). I'll post when we get back how it ends up. :)

it depends on the people who are in the suite. Yes, they can get off early if they want since they are in a suite; however, if they have a late flight they may choose to stay in the room as long as possible as waiting on the ship is better than waiting in the airport. The choice of disembarkation time is up to them. They are not required to get out of the room or off of the ship early.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

He is very wrong. There are so many people at the Carnival call center who need training. It took me 5 people just to link bookings for a B2B!
It's so nice to deal with my PVP and know I'm getting correct information. You are so right about the phone banks, need experience\training in how it all works.

it depends on the people who are in the suite. Yes, they can get off early if they want since they are in a suite; however, if they have a late flight they may choose to stay in the room as long as possible as waiting on the ship is better than waiting in the airport. The choice of disembarkation time is up to them. They are not required to get out of the room or off of the ship early.

EVERY person needs to get out of the cabins by 8:30am Suite or not

EVERY person needs to get out of the cabins by 8:30am Suite or not

You can leave a DND up and they won't start bothering you until 9:15 or so.

When doing a B2B that requires a change of stateroom, we just leave the DND up until the new rooms are ready. We prefer to take the luggage ourselves to the new stateroom.

Edited by Pixelate

• 3 weeks later...

Late reply ......

We stayed overnight at the Harbor House in Galveston & left the room at 11:15 am to walk to the ship. We showed the porter we were priority & he put an orange FTTF sticker on our checked bag. We were in our suite at 11:47am.:D I don't know what time our checked bag got to the room because we were on the lido deck but when we went back just before 1:00 pm it was there.

1604245219_SweetTriumphSuite.jpg.0e014aea552f71648f769262a6c605aa.jpg

Here is a bag tag for a suite and PLATINUM status. It includes the FTTF logo and the cabin is available. FTTF is not a suite benefit, priority boarding is and use of the priority boarding area. Suites also include zone 1 debarking but thats it. I've been in suites on every cruise with Carnival.

bag-tag_zpsu65npjro.gif

PHEW!!! I just called the guy from Carnival who had called me last week about the upgrade. I told him the situation & what I'd been reading here. He told me not to worry because since we're priority and in a suite, the people in the room before us are also priority. They will disembark first so that allows the staff to get the room cleaned sooner. He said we will be able to go straight to our room & drop off our carry ons. He did say that our checked luggage won't be there right away, but I'm not worried about that. I just wanted to get to the room ASAP & unload the carry ons from our hands so we can re-fill our hands with drinks. :D

I do believe that the person you spoke with was mistaken. As mentioned before, Suite passengers do NOT get express luggage service as a perk. Suite passengers DO get priority boarding which gets them on the ship earlier than general passengers, but their luggage does not get priority treatment. As for being able to get into your suite stateroom early, we have not found this to be the case, and we've sailed in suites for our last several cruises.

As for being able to get into your suite early as the prior passengers will get off sooner, I suppose this might be the case. Suite passengers do get priority debarkation, but this does not necessarily mean that they take advantage of it. For example, we typically stay at a local hotel on the night after debarkation and catch a flight the next day. As a result, we will trade our low-numbered zone for a high number as we'd rather wait on the ship with a relaxing breakfast than hustle out early only to sit at a hotel. And in any case, we've found that the doors into the stateroom halls typically do not open until all of the staterooms have been cleaned and prepped.

As for us, we enjoy the priority boarding, but make it a point to bring our swim suits, shorts, flips, and such on board with us in a carry on suitcase just to make sure we can be comfortable until we can get into our stateroom and the luggage arrives. Not a huge inconvenience for us.

Late reply ......

We stayed overnight at the Harbor House in Galveston & left the room at 11:15 am to walk to the ship. We showed the porter we were priority & he put an orange FTTF sticker on our checked bag. We were in our suite at 11:47am.:D I don't know what time our checked bag got to the room because we were on the lido deck but when we went back just before 1:00 pm it was there.

Great piece of information. In all the times we've sailed with suites, I've never noticed an orange FTTF sticker attached. But then again, I've never really looked for one, either! Sailing on the Valor on 3/15, and will pay attention then. While we've not found it to be much of a burden in the past to not have express luggage service, it would be nice to have if available.

Thanks!!

Anything is possible, but cleaning your suite will NOT be a priority, and it likely won't be ready by 11:30

And yet it pretty much was, considering (as I posted earlier today) we were in our room by 11:47. Once on the ship we went straight to our room. The hallway around us was empty.... no cleaning being done. I assume they'd finished our area by then.

As you said.... anything is possible. ;)

Suite passengers do get priority debarkation, but this does not necessarily mean that they take advantage of it. For example, we typically stay at a local hotel on the night after debarkation and catch a flight the next day. As a result, we will trade our low-numbered zone for a high number as we'd rather wait on the ship with a relaxing breakfast than hustle out early only to sit at a hotel. And in any case, we've found that the doors into the stateroom halls typically do not open until all of the staterooms have been cleaned and prepped.

Haha! That's exactly what I suggested we do next time! :D :D