Brooklyn cruise terminal to Cape Liberty

grayjay

We're considering a B2B cruise in September/October 2015. One of them leaves/arrives at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal on Oct.4th., the second cruise leaves at the same day out of Cape Liberty, N.J.

What's the best way for us to reach both ports?

We'll fly either into JFK or EWR, after the second cruise we'll depart from EWR airport. So how to get from JFK to Brooklyn cruise terminal and from there to Port Liberty Cruise Terminal? Prices? :confused:

After the second cruise we thought to either take a cab or use the ship's transfer service.

Since your first cruise departs from Brooklyn you should fly into JFK...unless the airfare into EWR is significantly lower, in which case it might offset the higher cost of ground transportation to the Brooklyn terminal.

Assuming you're flying into JFK you can either take a taxi or a car service to the Brooklyn terminal. I'd estimate the fare to be in the $40-$50 range plus tip (20% is customary).

Going from the Brooklyn cruise terminal to Cape Liberty you should book a car service. (Don't try a taxi because you're crossing lines.) Car service fare will probably be in the $60-75 dollar range, plus tolls and tip.

Two of NY City's largest car services are:

Dial 7 http://www.dial7.com

Carmel http://www.carmellimo.com

Edited by njhorseman

Thank you - that was really helpful. So I think I'll try for a "roundabout" quote by one of the car services. JFK to Brooklyn, Brooklyn to Cape Liberty and lastly to EWR airport. Seems to be the easiest way to get around. And it's always nice to be met at the airport by a friendly driver.

TSo I think I'll try for a "roundabout" quote by one of the car services. JFK to Brooklyn, Brooklyn to Cape Liberty and lastly to EWR airport.

I don't beleive Carmel or Dial 7 operate that way. You would get a different Driver for each trip.

Carmel's pickup at JFK is you call their 800 number (or use the app) they pull up your reservation by your cell number. You tell them where you are standing and they tell you the car will be there in "x" minute. For me never more than 7 minutes even during crush times. You name is displayed in the window of the car and you are given the car number that is displayed next to your name.

They may be a fee or charge to get the same driver for or your trips, but the best is to call and ask as I'm just guessing from knowing how they dispatch to drivers.

FWIW

I don't see anything the OP said indicating they want the same driver. However, you're right about them likely quoting the three trips separately rather than a single fare as these are three separate trips on three separate days over a period of probably a couple of weeks.

My only comment is similar to what Carol said. It's not necessary to book a car service for the final leg from Cape Liberty. A shared ride shuttle or a local taxi would be sufficient and likely cheaper (the shared ride shuttle will definitely be significantly cheaper).

Edited by njhorseman