What is Dynamic Dining?

Booked for our 1st RCC cruise on the Anthem for June.

What is Dynamic Dining?

Also I have trawled though the threads & some posters are asking can they book shows before sailing, again what is this about? Thought you just turned up for them.

Maybe be I have a lot to learn regarding RCC.

Thank you.

Guest maddycat

Dynamic Dining is something new on RCI's Quantum class ships. There is no main dining room. There are 5 different free restaurants to choose from. Four are casual and one is formal throughout the entire cruise. You make reservation before boarding the ship. The ships also have a buffet (the Windjammer).........no reservations needed.

You also make reservation for shows before boarding.

You do not necessarily need to make reservations prior to the cruise - many has experienced changes in the time for show and you do not know all activities prior to the cruise.

I'm on Quantum right now, and we did not make any reservations prior to the cruise - we made the reservations once on board, and still necessary to change few reservations for shows and dining. I anndition to the free restaurants there are also four restaurants with a cover charge.

Vf0Ou8LMdK0

Ask a lot of question here on Cruise Critic. You will find A LOT of threads about D.D. for information, as well as some web pages/articles like …

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Quantum/14037847_QN_Class_Culinary_FAQs.pdf

http://eatsleepcruise.com/2014/07/28/dynamic-dining-guide/

http://cruises.about.com/od/Quantum-of-the-Seas/ss/Quantum-of-the-Seas-Dining.htm

Keep us posted on what you discover about Dynamic Dining. :)

Edited by Lloyd555

If you don't like the idea of planning ahead on vacation and you want to see the shows and dine at a specific time and not have to wait in line. These ships Quantum and Anthem are not for you. There has been a lot of negativity about DD but if don't let it scare you.

I think they speed of service has improved from the beginning horrible reviews.

Think of it like a restaurant on land if your family shows up with out a reservation you might have to wait. While you are waiting another family with a reservation shows up they get seated before you.

Same with show tickets but there are not show tickets they just scan your card to make sure you have a reservation.

When/if you read reviews and threads, be careful to concentrate on those which reflect cruise experiences in Jan.2015. You might even want to ignore those written by people who sailed last November and December because the execution of Dynamic Dining was improved in January.

We enjoyed Dynanic Dining (even as it was presented in December) because it enabled us to select the venue/type of dining we wanted that suited our mood rather being forced to eat only foods offered on the established menu rotation.

We had booked all of our dining choices before we boarded th QN but quickly discovered that we could easily make changes once on the ship.

It is ironic that we are such strong supporters of Dynamic Dining because we dislike My Time Dining.

What is Dynamic Dining?

Also I have trawled though the threads & some posters are asking can they book shows before sailing, again what is this about? Thought you just turned up for them.

Thank you.

Not being too worried about where or when we eat I just see it more like a land based holiday. If one restaurant is full I will just go somewhere else.

As long as there is a bar I'm happy anyway!!

beachnative.

Great that you can amend so easily if you pre-book before the cruise.

I am now certain we will enjoy Dynamic Dining & its flexibility & the complaints are mainly from the Traditional Dining fraternity.

Gazza64 .

With a name like yours I can understand you liking the bars;).

Cheers.

beachnative.

Great that you can amend so easily if you pre-book before the cruise.

I am now certain we will enjoy Dynamic Dining & its flexibility & the complaints are mainly from the Traditional Dining fraternity.

Gazza64 .

With a name like yours I can understand you liking the bars;).

Cheers.

And I'm from the North East where it's actually illegal to walk past a bar!:D

• 2 months later...
Ask a lot of question here on Cruise Critic. You will find A LOT of threads about D.D. for information, as well as some web pages/articles like …

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Quantum/14037847_QN_Class_Culinary_FAQs.pdf

http://eatsleepcruise.com/2014/07/28/dynamic-dining-guide/

http://cruises.about.com/od/Quantum-of-the-Seas/ss/Quantum-of-the-Seas-Dining.htm

Keep us posted on what you discover about Dynamic Dining. :)

Thanks Lloyd for sharing our post about dynamic dining. We are actually updating our post after cruising on Quantum of the Seas for 8 days to discus the pros and cons from our experiences. Plus, now there is Dynamic Dining classic that throws a monkey wrench into things. Glad you found value in our post. Thanks!

What is Dynamic Dining?

Thank you.

I think you are referring to DYNAMITE DINING. It's when you toss dynamite into a cruise ship and blow up everyone's concept of eating, and make the passengers do all the work[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted this in my roll call two days ago:

(applies to Anthem)

Update on Dynamic Dining Classic:

I just called Royal Caribbean to ask if the Dynamic Dining Classic can be reserved yet. The rep said that she saw options for Classic 1, and Classic 2. We both assumed that Classic 1 was for the earlier time, and we reserved it.

We were supposed to receive an email confirmation, but nothing yet. RCI was experiencing some computer issues earlier this morning.

When logged on to our reservation, I saw the following under Preferences and Requests:

"Dinner Seating: Dynamic Dining Classic is for guests who prefer the traditional main dining style. Classic accommodates diners in a choice of early or late seating, giving you the chance to experience a preset lineup of our complimentary main restaurants. You get the convenience of the same dining time each night, with the same wait staff and dining companions at your table throughout the cruise. Dynamic Dining Classic has limited availability. 6:00 p.m."

So, at least for now, it appears that the selection went through, and that the Classic 1 is for the early 6pm seating.

I hope this helps everyone interested in booking this option.

Edited by Cruisin'4Us