2016 Brides!

Hello all!

My fiance and I are getting married on the Carnival Breeze, departing from Galveston, TX on October 23, 2016! Our 7 day itinerary will take us to Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan, Honduras. We are planning on getting married in Roatan, Honduras at a resort off the ship and we are super excited for this 7 day celebration!

I have been working on our wedding website and although it's not complete yet, it is getting there: http://www.thehannawedding.com

Our save the dates should be in this week and will be out next week! We want to give guests as much time as possible. We will send regular invites out probably late this fall or early 2016. We hope most guests will book after receiving the RSVP and checking the site out!

So happy to have found this thread! We are getting married on the Carnival Sunshine on 6/18/16. We are getting married on board in Freeport and have booked the celebrate big package. I'm having a hard time finding out what if any flowers are provided besides the bridal bouquet and buteneer. I just got a flower upgrade sheet from them and they seem so expensive, but I don't want to not have ANY flowers. I just need a little something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I'm a little late in responding! For our Feb 2016 wedding we are sending only formal invites with info about the cruise included as an enclosure card... Half of our guests will receive an RSVP that contains a "come to the wedding but don't sail" option, the others will have the option only to sail or decline... We put a Nov 1 RSVP date, and once we get the responses back we will follow up with a mailing to our sailing and non-sailing guests with reminders and a mail-back card to provide the necessary customs info- it helps that my brother is a customs agent and is available to answer our questions!

Hello all!

My fiance and I are getting married on the Carnival Breeze, departing from Galveston, TX on October 23, 2016! Our 7 day itinerary will take us to Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan, Honduras. We are planning on getting married in Roatan, Honduras at a resort off the ship and we are super excited for this 7 day celebration!

I have been working on our wedding website and although it's not complete yet, it is getting there: www.thehannawedding.com

Our save the dates should be in this week and will be out next week! We want to give guests as much time as possible. We will send regular invites out probably late this fall or early 2016. We hope most guests will book after receiving the RSVP and checking the site out!

I love your website setup. What did you use to create this?

I love your website setup. What did you use to create this?

Thank you! I used Wix but I really created my own site entirely including the graphics. Site design is fun for me - I'm tempted to offer my services to others because I've been asked a couple of time!

Sorry, I'm a little late in responding! For our Feb 2016 wedding we are sending only formal invites with info about the cruise included as an enclosure card... Half of our guests will receive an RSVP that contains a "come to the wedding but don't sail" option, the others will have the option only to sail or decline... We put a Nov 1 RSVP date, and once we get the responses back we will follow up with a mailing to our sailing and non-sailing guests with reminders and a mail-back card to provide the necessary customs info- it helps that my brother is a customs agent and is available to answer our questions!

I love your idea to have 2 different RSVP invites. I was worried about how to go about that since we can only have a maximum of 50 non sailing guests. That definitely solves my problem.

Thank you! I used Wix but I really created my own site entirely including the graphics. Site design is fun for me - I'm tempted to offer my services to others because I've been asked a couple of time!

UMM YOU TOTALLY SHOULD! Im planning a Fall 2017 wedding (had to push my date back a year due to my graduate school internship). The websites on The Knot are nice but I would much rather pay someone to put together a unique website for me. We're neighbors by the way ;)

Hello all!

I have been working on our wedding website and although it's not complete yet, it is getting there: http://www.thehannawedding.com

That is an amazing website!

Hi ladies!

I am getting married on Norweigan Sky July 18,2016. I have been struggling with who to book through.

Our group planner at Norweigan hasn't been the best (phone tag, won't return my calls for a week,etc.)

So do any of you have a travel agent who you love, trust, and feel really got you the best discount?

I love your idea to have 2 different RSVP invites. I was worried about how to go about that since we can only have a maximum of 50 non sailing guests. That definitely solves my problem.

That's kind of what I did - we had instructions on our save the dates to either visit the website to RSVP or to call us (for the older generation ;)). Once you got the RSVP screen you chose yes or no. Obviously if you chose "no" that's it. If you chose "yes" then the following 3 options appeared -

1. Welcome dinner, wedding, and cruise

2. Welcome dinner and wedding ONLY

3. Special arrangement

The special arrangement was for people who may not be able to make the welcome dinner and things like that. It was easy to keep organized this way!

Hi,

That is the extent of the flowers that are provided, although there will be flowers on both of the columns in your ceremony room. I am planning to use wedideas (on etsy) for my bouquet, boutonniere, and 2 corsages (MOB and MOG). There are a lot of beautiful options out there, this is just the one that had the designs I love, and worked the best for me. And yes, it will all come in much less expensive that way.

So happy to have found this thread! We are getting married on the Carnival Sunshine on 6/18/16. We are getting married on board in Freeport and have booked the celebrate big package. I'm having a hard time finding out what if any flowers are provided besides the bridal bouquet and buteneer. I just got a flower upgrade sheet from them and they seem so expensive, but I don't want to not have ANY flowers. I just need a little something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ladies! My fiance and I will be getting married on the Carnival Conquest on April 16, 2016! We just booked the wedding a few weeks ago, so we're planning this wedding in less than 9 months. It's a little stressful, but at least Carnival takes care of most of the planning for us - which is a relief!

Congrats to all of the other 2016 brides out there!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a 2016 bride (to be). I'm getting married in my hometown. It is reasonable driving distance for both immediate families and where my Fiancé and I both have houses to put up out-of-towners. Plus my local art museum has this amazing chapel where we'll have the ceremony. I'm so excited.

The honeymoon will be a cruise. We've booked a suite on NCL's Sun. The week after @back_after_ten in fact.

So far we put our deposits down for the museum and the cruise. I've looked at (and ran away from) dresses and I've informed my sister that basically all of her kids will be in the wedding party.

There is so much to do and way not enough time in the day.

Next stop: caterers.

I spent roughly 4-6 weeks looking through invitations prior to making my final decision. So relieved! We just ordered them about an hour ago. Now its time to collect addresses so they will be ready to send out by the end of the month. Only those who have not already booked will have to send in an actual RSVP.

What was the best way to get all the info you need to submit to Carnival? I don't want people to have to mail their birthdate, passport/license#, etc. Did email or phone work best for you?

I have at least 20 non-sailing guests. Where is the information for the sailing guests available? I have their booking information, but the wedding paperwork asks for their birth date, identification type and number, and legal name (sometimes people go by names that are different than their ID). Just trying to prevent day-of surprises.. at least those that I can.

I'm planning to write a "newsletter" of sorts with the pre-cruise information, hotel and pre-cruise info, and another RSVP type card for them to mail back with their personal info... I saw a cute idea that told people their "ultra exclusive security team (the U.S. Homeland Security Dept)" needs to know everything about them- lol!

Ha! That is really cute! We wrote a letter in our invitation, and let them know to contact us if they have any questions (I'm confident more than a few will wonder why all this is necessary to attend a silly 'ole wedding). I'm thinking phone or email will work for most of our list (those who have already booked their rooms), and I can try to make space on the RSVP for our non-sailing guests.

Edited by wakeupinanewland

I was originally getting hitched Sept 2016 but with a fiancé who is less than enthused by the thought of wedding planning and no wedding party (our decision, just seems simpler) the planning is pretty much left to my mother and I. I work full time, entering my second year of grad school and starting a 20 hr/wk internship in a few weeks so we decided to push the wedding back to September 2017 to give me more time to plan and actually enjoy the process.

I will still be active in this thread though because I have already started planning some things and will continue to do so, just at a much slower pace. Plus you ladies are a wealth of knowledge and advice.

Hi ladies!

The 2015 Brides! thread was so helpful (I read the whole thing the day after my engagement) and so successful that now that I am booked for a 2016 wedding, I thought I would start a new thread for our year! Anyone booked in 2016 yet?

I am officially getting married on the Carnival Sensation on March 24, 2016! We booked the cabin and the Time to Celebrate Big package last night and thanks to the 2015 ladies, secured the DJ so that I will know my reception is in the Kaleidoscope nightclub.

Cheers to the 2016 brides! The next year should be a lot of fun getting everything planned. I can't wait to meet you all!

We will be right behind you on March 31 on Sensation in Half Moon Cay.

Hello to all fellow 2016 brides! Very excited to be getting married aboard the Carnival Valor on 10/13/16 in Port Canaveral, Time to Celebrate Big! Thanks to you all for the information...this thread has been very helpful to me so far. At this point we are only at save the dates but will be sending official invitations around October or November.

Edited by aandmtakethebahamas

Hello to all fellow 2016 brides! Very excited to be getting married aboard the Carnival Valor on 10/13/16 in Port Canaveral, Time to Celebrate Big! Thanks to you all for the information...this thread has been very helpful to me so far. At this point we are only at save the dates but will be sending official invitations around October or November.

I am out of Port Canaveral, too! On the Victory, though. It is such an easy port!

We will be right behind you on March 31 on Sensation in Half Moon Cay.

We were originally booked on the Sensation but since she is swapping locations and heading down to Miami, we are now going to be on the Victory. I have been on the Sensation a few times and just love that ship. I am sailing for the first time on the Victory next month so I will get to take a sneak peek. :)