2016 Brides!

Congrats to all the BRIDES :). We put our deposit and paid for our wedding package last week for the Island Breeze package in Grand Turk. The cruise ports out of Miami, FL on june 4th-12th, Grand Turk is the first stop making our wedding date 6-6-16. I would like to know if everyone is having a reception back on the boat or what not. We had the idea of getting together at a local place in Grand Turk, however neither one of us are familiar with the area. We have probably 28-30 Sailing guest going with us on the cruise. Thanks everyone for all the wonderful information you guys have provided so far.

7 months to go and I wish I had something to do!

I suppose this is what I wanted but I feel like there should be something that needs to be done. Luckily, in two weeks, we will be sailing on our wedding ship for a fun long weekend. I am more than excited to scope out the venues and the layout.

The invitations went out last month and we are actually surprised that we have nearly 40 guests booked so far. I am resisting the urge to tell everyone to hurry up and make a deposit since the prices are rising. i have mentioned it before so I won't repeat myself and sound pushy.

Other than that, I am counting down the days. 212 to go!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not going to do much decoration on my own... I could have sworn I saw in my email for a form to pick a color scheme and now I am not seeing it, or did I dream this up?

What are some things you guys are decorating with? If I dont decorate, will it still look okay?

I'm getting married on the Sunshine 6/18/16. In talking to a friend this weekend I found out that I could extend my reception from 1.5 to 2 hours. So I called yesterday and made the change, I was surprised it wasn't offered to me from the beginning especially since I expressed my concern about having it feel rushed. It only cost me an extra $100 for the reception and $75 for the dj. I know it doesn't seem like that much more time, but I wasn't happy with such a short reception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting married on the Sunshine 6/18/16. In talking to a friend this weekend I found out that I could extend my reception from 1.5 to 2 hours. So I called yesterday and made the change, I was surprised it wasn't offered to me from the beginning especially since I expressed my concern about having it feel rushed. It only cost me an extra $100 for the reception and $75 for the dj. I know it doesn't seem like that much more time, but I wasn't happy with such a short reception

I had NO idea this was an option...either that or I forgot if I saw this option before. Now I can't wait to call and see if I can extend, too. Thanks!!

I had NO idea this was an option...either that or I forgot if I saw this option before. Now I can't wait to call and see if I can extend, too. Thanks!!

I didn't either! It was never offered to me and I don't recall reading it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all! Congrats to all the brides! I am getting married April 30th 2016 on RCCL anthem of the seas. I am sooo excited! We currently have 55 sailing guest and 15 non sailing. We have sent out save the dates and I am currently on the hunt for invitations. We aren't opening up the option to everyone to come to reception and ceremony without sailing. We actually were trying to keep that quiet (only letting immediate family know) to try and keep the cost down and stay true to the imitate/small wedding we really desire. Unfortunately many people actually know about the "non sailing" option and were hoping to come on for the ceremony and reception. (This has posed a few uncomfortable conversations). We are thinking of listing something on the RSVP to make it clear that those who can't sail, unfortunately can't come. For example the "yes" option maybe stating something like "bags are packed, ready to cruise". And the "no" option something like- celebrating from a far. Has anyone else had this problem? Also- are you sending invitations to those who already booked? I feel like it doesn't make too much sense to send an RSVP and invitation to someone you know is definitely coming.. I was thinking maybe sending an itinerary card instead to those who have booked? I would LOVE to know your thoughts on this bc I am so lost on what to do. I have my first phone appointment with the wedding planner in a week and a half and I'm very excited to hear more about my options and such. I am so glad I found this form and I'm very excited to go on this journey with all of you!

Yes, our rsvp online indicated that they would sail. Be firm. I am using the same logic to keep it small. Only use non - sailing on a case by case basis if needed. I sent invitations to all who RSVPed, and to immediate family. They are very detailed and have gone over super well. PM me as we have similar numbers and I just got through this part. I'm so happy to help another cruise bride out! Yeah for intimate cruise weddings!!

I tried to private message you but it kept saying "that action can not be done", not sure why.. But anyway thanks so much for your response! So it sounds like you sent out save the dates with RSVPs? That's SUCH a good idea. So the invitations more information based rather then an actual invitation? Is it possible for you to send me a picture of your invitations? I'd love to see how you worded it. When is your date again? And how long in advanced did you send out invitations? Sorry for so many questions! I have literally had all these questions and no one to really bounce ideas off of being that my bridal party and family aren't experienced in cruise weddings!

Sorry I will try to figure out the PM as well, doesn't seem simple! Yes, I did an online save the date with RSVP, and we just discussed it over the phone for non sailing guests who don't have email, and they said whether or not they were interested. Then, I realized I didn't want multiple mailings to handle. I found a mini book invitation that let me put my creative juices to work. The invitation reads like an 8 page booklet with an invitation, letter to guests, booking info, schedule for the day, and directions, with registry, website, and contact info on the back cover. I didn't thinking it would be affordable but we got an awesome discount. It really helps that it is only being sent to those who intend to go. Our date is January 15, and I started sending invites at the beginning of September. Its pretty early but as you see above I thought I needed ID info from everyone. Turns out its just the non sailing guests. We asked for it in the invite, but will collect the info by phone. Best part of all of this is that my invite is 5x7 and fits the weight allowance for a 49 cent stamp. Might send a second card for the holidays with greetings and last minute reminders (bring Id, no physical gifts onboard, those who are late may not board).

Hope this helps! I tried sending a friend request too.

Wow that invitation sounds great! And I absolutely love the idea of the holiday card with last min reminders. I am anxiously awaiting my "phone meeting" with the wedding planner coming up. I booked in July and still haven't been in touch with the wedding planner about the details. Once I get to speak with her I plan to do some invitation rough drafts.

I tried to private message you but it kept saying "that action can not be done", not sure why.. But anyway thanks so much for your response! So it sounds like you sent out save the dates with RSVPs? That's SUCH a good idea. So the invitations more information based rather then an actual invitation? Is it possible for you to send me a picture of your invitations? I'd love to see how you worded it. When is your date again? And how long in advanced did you send out invitations? Sorry for so many questions! I have literally had all these questions and no one to really bounce ideas off of being that my bridal party and family aren't experienced in cruise weddings!

This is kinda what we did too! We sent out save the dates to EVERYONE we could possibly ever want to invite - from there they had over 6 months to RSVP online and they had the choice to attend 1. the welcome dinner, wedding, and cruise 2. the welcome dinner and wedding only (and of course there were a few who weren't going to make it in time for the dinner but would be arriving in plenty of time for the wedding). Based on our responses and deadline to RSVP we then sent formal invitations out - probably weren't even necessary but they were beautiful and it's a nice gesture.

This is a collage I made that shows our save the date, welcome dinner card, and invitation (the welcome dinner cards were sent together with the invitations). The background was the liner inside our envelopes.

One month before sailing we sent out a newsletter type reminder that had information broken down for non-sailing and sailing guests. We had an informative website and FB page set up as well.

11738041_10102259964550051_6444995740203659256_n%201_zpsbe5r1akk.jpg

Edited by slord12

Alright you guys, I have not looked into this yet but what are you guys doing for this? Paying for extra days of the rental? Having someone else take it home? I was told for instance with Davids bridal you have to return it the next day.

Alright you guys, I have not looked into this yet but what are you guys doing for this? Paying for extra days of the rental? Having someone else take it home? I was told for instance with Davids bridal you have to return it the next day.

I seen that you could rent tuxes from the cruise line. It was like 100 dollars. We will probably go that route. Unless I can find another option.

Im so excited. I will be getting married on Carnival Paradise on March 10,2016. We have about 40 guest so far cruising with us. Any tips on getting ready before or on the ship? And does anyone know if they will keep the bride and groom seperate while boarding?

I seen that you could rent tuxes from the cruise line. It was like 100 dollars. We will probably go that route. Unless I can find another option.

Congratulations! I chose to get ready at the hotel the morning of the wedding (hair and makeup) after the bridesmaids. The wedding party was totally dressed when we boarded the shuttles. My husband and I were able to carry-on our clothes so we could get dressed once on board. My cousin that cruised with us that does my hair/makeup also stayed with me once we boarded to touch up hair and makeup. I didn't want to chance not being MOSTLY ready just in case there were boarding delays because of the ship clearing customs. You just never know! As for staying separate - I've heard it can be done I just don't see how. The terminals are wide open. We enjoyed spending the day together! He never saw my dress though until I came down the aisle so that was still special. I bought my wedding gown from a boutique in my hometown that also rents tuxes - the tuxes all come from Jim's Formal Wear. I simply explained to her we were having a destination wedding and it was no problem. Jim's made sure she had the tuxes the weekend before the wedding (they came in on a Friday) and we didn't even need them until Tuesday. They didn't make us return them until the following Monday after the wedding, so that was over a week we had these tuxes (13 of them w/ shoes) for a 1 night rental price! We did basic black with shoes and upgraded the tie and vest for only $107 per person. You may want to ask local shops in your area, I would bet you'd be able to find someone to work a deal with you!

Edited by slord12

Also look into buying suits. Department stores and especially Jos A Bank have suit sales all the time! You can get nice suits for around $100-150 or even less if you hunt for a good deal. For the same cost as renting, they can have a suit to keep! I have heard of the groom buying the suits for the groomsmen as their gifts.

Im so excited. I will be getting married on Carnival Paradise on March 10,2016. We have about 40 guest so far cruising with us. Any tips on getting ready before or on the ship? And does anyone know if they will keep the bride and groom seperate while boarding?

I am getting married on April 16th, 2016 on the Carnival Paradise. How is your wedding planning going?