2016 Brides!

So...whenever I contact Carnival Weddings, I do so via email - basically so I can have it in writing. So here I am waiting (probably a few more days) to get my question answered and I am wondering if a fellow bride had this come up.

We are doing the Time to Celebrate Big package and it is $30 per person over our initial 20 guests. I know that under 7 guests are free (we have 1 little one) but what about children? I feel like I have seen a reduced price somewhere but maybe it was for something else.

Nope. I have several children and everyone over 7 pays the regular price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fiance and I are getting married on Royal Caribbean. We are doing the Ultimate Love Story package and expect somewhere between 25-40 guests. So far I haven't seen any hidden fees but We haven't started planning our reception yet, so things could change. So far we are paying for our wedding package (3800) and our marriage license fees (850).

I have heard great things about the Oasis of the Seas. It has a beautiful "central park" in the middle of the ship. I wanted to get married on this ship but we ended up booking a cruise on Freedom of the Seas because we liked the itinerary better. I think Oasis is also the biggest cruise ship in the world. It is a lot bigger than Carnival Breeze. Not sure if that matters though :)

Hello again! The wedding planning is going along quite well. I've booked the cruise (July 23 on the Freedom), booked the wedding, and bought my dress. Unfortunately, I was late to order Save-the-Dates for a variety of reasons, so guests will be getting the info that their deposit is due for the group rates by Feb. 6 only a week or two beforehand... oops! I'm not too concerned though, because most everyone who is actually going to go already knows.

Has anyone had issues with group rates? My mom is my travel agent, as she's been an agent for 35+ years, and she got us a great group rate. Well... lo and behold Carnival is having a sale right now so that the cruise is even cheaper through the sale than the group rates! This doesn't seem fair at all. This means my guests would be better off booking individually with the sail versus getting in on the group rate. Has anyone else ever had this issue? It makes me mad because if anyone goes onto Carnival's website and looks at the rates my mom and I will look so stupid after telling everyone they have to book with the group to get the cheapest rate.

Hello

we are just uner 30 days from getting married on the oasis of the seas. Let me tell you it has been so stressful up until about 3 months ago. It took a long time to get a response from anyone for the 1st little bit ( we booked about a year ago). Then I had to keep calling to try and get straight answers then my planner was "on a leave" but no one told me and I would not have know about it except I called and called to try and get a hold of someone. and then I was getting different prices and different answers from everyone from when I called to when they emailed me back. the last 3 months have been great but still little stressful as I am one who loves to plan and have everything set right to a tee and meet with people and know where and when I am going so all the unknown is a little scary but we are excited and can't wait. But we would have chosen a different ship if we would have known all the problems we are/ having with Royal Caribbean directly as well with the 40+ people we booked the deal is still not what it used to before traveling with groups but all in all we are very excited and can not wait as I have been dreaming of this day since I was little. Not trying to scar you just making you prepared for what's ahead. Good Luck have fun and enjoy your wedding day :) :)

My fiance and I are getting married on Royal Caribbean. We are doing the Ultimate Love Story package and expect somewhere between 25-40 guests. So far I haven't seen any hidden fees but We haven't started planning our reception yet, so things could change. So far we are paying for our wedding package (3800) and our marriage license fees (850).

I have heard great things about the Oasis of the Seas. It has a beautiful "central park" in the middle of the ship. I wanted to get married on this ship but we ended up booking a cruise on Freedom of the Seas because we liked the itinerary better. I think Oasis is also the biggest cruise ship in the world. It is a lot bigger than Carnival Breeze. Not sure if that matters though :)

To my understanding the group rate that you received was not really a highly discounted rate like the Early Saver promotions but closer to Past Guest or Military rates. The advantage of group bookings is organization and some perks like OBC and lower deposits. These will be determined by the number of cabins you book. My travel agent secured $50 OBC for each cabin and a bottle of champagne sent to each 21+ wedding guest's cabin. She is also working with Carnival to get a private cocktail party sometime during the cruise depending on the number of guest we end up having.

Another perk to the group booking is that for every 8 cabins booked you get a free berth. You can use this for yourself and your new husband to offset the cost of the wedding or you can spread the savings out amongst your wedding guests.

Another option is to let everyone book their own cruises through your mother and then have your mother link the booking numbers. I think that is the only way you will be able to give your guests access to price drops.

Hello again! The wedding planning is going along quite well. I've booked the cruise (July 23 on the Freedom), booked the wedding, and bought my dress. Unfortunately, I was late to order Save-the-Dates for a variety of reasons, so guests will be getting the info that their deposit is due for the group rates by Feb. 6 only a week or two beforehand... oops! I'm not too concerned though, because most everyone who is actually going to go already knows.

Has anyone had issues with group rates? My mom is my travel agent, as she's been an agent for 35+ years, and she got us a great group rate. Well... lo and behold Carnival is having a sale right now so that the cruise is even cheaper through the sale than the group rates! This doesn't seem fair at all. This means my guests would be better off booking individually with the sail versus getting in on the group rate. Has anyone else ever had this issue? It makes me mad because if anyone goes onto Carnival's website and looks at the rates my mom and I will look so stupid after telling everyone they have to book with the group to get the cheapest rate.

I am getting married on the conquest on the 24th of April and I am super excited and worried. I have heard both good and bad stories about the ceremony's and reception on the ships! I hope all that are getting married will have a good story to share!!

I can't believe the year has flew by! We'll be setting sail a week from today! We are getting renewing our vows on the Carnival Victory February 6 out of Miami! Everything is pretty much set. I have a few last minute details to wrap up like finding my boys something to wear and my final fitting! it was soooo stressful getting here. I thought it wouldn't be because Carnival pretty much take care of everything but somehow things always run wild. If there is anything I can help with please let me know! I have got sooo many questions answered by searching these boards and stalking Instagram and Pinterest. I would love to return the favor! lol

GOOD LUCK LADIES!

I can't believe the year has flew by! We'll be setting sail a week from today! We are getting renewing our vows on the Carnival Victory February 6 out of Miami! Everything is pretty much set. I have a few last minute details to wrap up like finding my boys something to wear and my final fitting! it was soooo stressful getting here. I thought it wouldn't be because Carnival pretty much take care of everything but somehow things always run wild. If there is anything I can help with please let me know! I have got sooo many questions answered by searching these boards and stalking Instagram and Pinterest. I would love to return the favor! lol

GOOD LUCK LADIES!

I am getting married on the Victory on March 24. I would love to see pictures!! What is your ceremony location? We are hoping for the Adriatic for the ceremony and know we will have the Arctic for the reception. Also, looking forward to hearing about the good, bad and ugly regarding the photography and videoraphy. Especially if you are able to negotiate.

We too are renewing our vows on the Carnival Victory in June (as well as celebrating a milestone birthday!) This board has been a tremendous help so far and I am very grateful to all of you ladies for your insights and creative ideas. Looking forward to pictures and details after your renewal next month!

This is our first ever cruise so really staring to get excited.

I am getting married on the Victory on March 24. I would love to see pictures!! What is your ceremony location? We are hoping for the Adriatic for the ceremony and know we will have the Arctic for the reception. Also, looking forward to hearing about the good, bad and ugly regarding the photography and videoraphy. Especially if you are able to negotiate.

I requested the Ionian and was lucky to get my request. we also are in the Arctic because we book the Dj. I will definitely post pics when we return. We aren't too concerned about the photography as much bc My MIL is a pretty good photographer and will pretty much duplicate whatever shots we need.

To my understanding the group rate that you received was not really a highly discounted rate like the Early Saver promotions but closer to Past Guest or Military rates. The advantage of group bookings is organization and some perks like OBC and lower deposits. These will be determined by the number of cabins you book. My travel agent secured $50 OBC for each cabin and a bottle of champagne sent to each 21+ wedding guest's cabin. She is also working with Carnival to get a private cocktail party sometime during the cruise depending on the number of guest we end up having.

Another perk to the group booking is that for every 8 cabins booked you get a free berth. You can use this for yourself and your new husband to offset the cost of the wedding or you can spread the savings out amongst your wedding guests.

Another option is to let everyone book their own cruises through your mother and then have your mother link the booking numbers. I think that is the only way you will be able to give your guests access to price drops.

Thank you so much!!! She was able to get them the sale price with onboard credit, but for anyone who didn't book by today it goes back up to what our group rate was with no OBC. For some reason Carnival refuses to offer OBC or amenities like the champagne in the room for my wedding party. My mom's called multiple times and spoke to multiple people and they all refused. It's kind weird, really. How cool that you may have a private cocktail hour though!!!

With 55 days until the wedding, I have just sent in my information to the Carnival team. We sent in the guest list, Hors D'Ouerves form (with substitutions), Cake form (with notes for each tier) and reception form.

We still have to go over the ceremony form and submit that to TWE in 10 days but since we have our own officiant, it should be easy.

Hooray!

I have wedding favors ordered (personalized koozies, personalized ribbon wands and little message in a bottle bottles that I will fill with candies).

I have the flowers ordered. I have my dress fitting on Sunday and Bill's tailoring on Monday!

It is all coming together so nicely!! I can't wait!!

are you doing silk flowers?

With 55 days until the wedding, I have just sent in my information to the Carnival team. We sent in the guest list, Hors D'Ouerves form (with substitutions), Cake form (with notes for each tier) and reception form.

We still have to go over the ceremony form and submit that to TWE in 10 days but since we have our own officiant, it should be easy.

Hooray!

I have wedding favors ordered (personalized koozies, personalized ribbon wands and little message in a bottle bottles that I will fill with candies).

I have the flowers ordered. I have my dress fitting on Sunday and Bill's tailoring on Monday!

It is all coming together so nicely!! I can't wait!!

You ordered flowers to decorate? I bought my bouquet and boutenier but I hadn't thought about more flowers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got bouquets for myself and MOH. Bouts for the groom, Best Man, Ring bearer and my dad. Kissing ball for the flower girl and corsages for moms and aunts. I also added a cake topper but the topper is the only real decor I am bringing.

We also have a Message in a Bottle guest list (bottle, pens and notepaper), a suitcase thing for the cards and signs for each. That is it. Back in the beginning, I swore I wasn't going to bring anything extra but here we are. Hahahaha.

I am also going to get a luggage rack/hanger thingy and have non-sailing guests swear they will arrive before me and put it together so it will be waiting on the other side of the security checkpoint when I arrive. I have another non-sailing friend assigned to favors and another for flowers.

Instead of welcome bags I am sending chocolate covered strawberries to the rooms of our sailing guests so that is something I don't have to worry about.

I sent in our final paperwork to Carnival and TWE for our wedding in 7 weeks. i thought i would share the answer to one of the questions i asked Carnival.

May I know the number of people that will be assisting our event (Bartenders/ Servers/ Entertainment/ Coordinators/ Photo team etc.) and who it is customary to tip? - Tips are not mandatory, as you have already purchased the package that includes all these services. You will more than likely have 2 bartenders, 3 bar servers, 1 entertainment staff, 2 coordinators, and 1 photographer/ videographer.

So with just one person doing photography and videography, will that 1 person be able to capture everything? It seems like that is a lot for 1 person to handle. Has anyone had any experience with this yet?

Since we have our own officiant, we heard from TWE that we have to sign a waiver along with the officiant. Pretty much to keep them off the hook if our officiant is not legitimate. Thought I would share.

I sent in our final paperwork to Carnival and TWE for our wedding in 7 weeks. i thought i would share the answer to one of the questions i asked Carnival.

May I know the number of people that will be assisting our event (Bartenders/ Servers/ Entertainment/ Coordinators/ Photo team etc.) and who it is customary to tip? - Tips are not mandatory, as you have already purchased the package that includes all these services. You will more than likely have 2 bartenders, 3 bar servers, 1 entertainment staff, 2 coordinators, and 1 photographer/ videographer.

So with just one person doing photography and videography, will that 1 person be able to capture everything? It seems like that is a lot for 1 person to handle. Has anyone had any experience with this yet?

Since we have our own officiant, we heard from TWE that we have to sign a waiver along with the officiant. Pretty much to keep them off the hook if our officiant is not legitimate. Thought I would share.

I had way more servers and bartenders than that at our wedding - how many guests do you have? I had 100 - we had 4 bartenders and probably 4-5 additional waiters going around the room taking drink orders and clearing tables. Not to mention the staff that kept coming in to keep our food fresh, serve the cake, and all that.

As for the photographer, ours was Yoga on the Sensation - he did both photos and videos and just switched modes back and forth the entire time. My video is in my review so you can see what all he got.

Hello everyone, I'm so excited to be a 2016 bride and happy that I found this forum. This forum has been a source of inspiration. My fiancé and I got engaged on a Carnival Cruise ship and our first thought was a wedding on a Carnival Cruise ship! Of course, the plans have changed a lot since last September. Our first plan was to do the wedding and reception with the ship at port and sail with whatever family/friends could join us. Then in October we decided what we really wanted was to have a beach wedding in the Bahamas so we started looking at that with a two hour reception added on. Carnivals destination wedding packages looked beautiful but I felt like there were too many limitations considering it's supposed to be our "big day". So after some research online, I discovered Chic Bahamas Wedding Planners and decided to go with them. Our wedding planner found a beautiful private beach and beach front restaurant to have a four hour reception with a sit down meal and unlimited open bar. Our wedding cruise will be on the Carnival Fantasy and our wedding will be in Nassau on Aug. 11th. Did anyone decide to create a group? We looked into it but the rate seemed higher then if they booked during one of the sales where they offer reduced deposited and rates. When is everyone sending out invitations? I was thinking sometime in Feb because I would like to have the RSVP's back by May 30th. Does this seem too early? Is anyone inviting kids or is it adult only? Also, how did everyone's family react to your wedding plans. For us, our friends love the idea but we have had some family say that it is too inconvenient for them and they won't be going. I understand that this is not an easy wedding to attend but I wish more people had an open mind. Overall, we have had positive feedback for the most part.

Hello all 2016 brides! I haven't been on here in a while since wedding planning has been on hold a bit. Our date is not until 10/13/16 on Carnival Valor out of Port Canaveral. Right now I am at a holding point because invites have all gone out but RSVP date is not until mid-April (I gave myself 6 months for some wiggle room!) and we have only received a handful back, immediate family only so far. We did not go with a group booking because as someone mentioned before, I knew we didn't have 8 cabins all at once right in the beginning, and wanted to let people book at their leisure.

My main question here regarding this subject is, once I do have the final tally of booked cabins, how do I arrange it so everyone that is booked into the late dining (as we are) all dine together every night of the cruise in the same area of the dining room (3 tables of 8 or however many guests we have) instead of being spread around and put with other strangers. Sorry to be so long-winded about this but I wasn't quite sure how to word it to get my point across. Also, when I recently sent an e-mail to my Carnival wedding coordinator asking this question, I got a reply 5 days later from someone else in the wedding department basically telling me this is not part of the wedding department's responsibility but the cruise booking department.

Soooooo...I thought I'd pick you ladies' brains about this since everyone on here is so knowledgeable about the subject! Thank you so much and congrats to you all!!

It is actually true and your PVP (the person who booked your cruise) will link your cabins all together and then you will be arranged accordingly at dinner. I plan on contacting the Maitre d' to let them know who we would specifically like to dine with. For example, our little boy isn't in our room but we would prefer to have him at our dinner table. I have to check another forum for the Maitre d' email addresses for carnival but plan on doing it when we are 1 month out.