2016 Brides!

Oh good! I really hope they are able to squeeze you in! And ok... I might just take you up on that hahaha :) Congrats again! This month will fly by!

We have our tour set up for the 14th - Just one week prior to the event. My Mom and Sister are going with me since they will be the ones helping the day of the wedding. I am hoping to know what room the ceremony will be in and which dining room our lunch is scheduled for too. That way I will know what decorations to take, and which to leave. Also, I am planning a Scavenger Hunt for all of our sailing guests so it will be a great opportunity to find some stuff for the list while we are touring. I just have a few more things to do but I think we are right on track. It has been a full time job for sure! The time is definitely flying by. 19 days!!! OMG!

Fortunately because I was in my gown they let us sit out the walk to the life boats with the other passengers, but we certainly were the center of attention at the muster drill lol

LOL! We bought Tshirts that look like (his) a tux with the tie undone and (mine) a wedding dress with a bouquet. We had planned to wear that to muster and the launch party. We will just change after the pics and hopefully before launch. Hopefully!

I was always told there was a limit of 50 non-sailing guests. I have read that exceptions were made.

Our non-sailing list was going to be more than 50 so I asked Carnival Weddings when I called and they said they are flexible and not to worry. I don't know how flexible though.

I called my travel agent today to make the final payment for our cruise, and found out that because I had 8 cabins book through her I would get a $650 credit towards the price of our cruise, and all of my cabins would receive a $50 on board credit and a bottle of wine.

Our sail date is June 15th...were getting excited!

Thank you so much for the information on non-sailing guests purchasing drinks while waiting for ceremony/reception to start. Some of my guests kept asking me if they would be able to drink while wondering around.

I can help you a bit already. We did a ship tour about 2 weeks ago and I was happy to learn a few things. Also, I became fast friends with the bride and her family and we have been chatting on Facebook ever since. :) First of all, I plan on bringing my dress in the garment bag it came with. In Port Canaveral, they had a porter that had a luggage rack. I met a bride that morning and she had that cart loaded up with her dress and carry on items. Also, there is a VIP room! She was waiting in there with her bridesmaid (they only let 2 in there from the wedding). The groom sat in the regular waiting area for wedding guests.

I have to tell you, the time went really fast. The bride arrived around 10 and the rest of the guests trickled in up until 11. Guests spent the time greeting each other and catching up. Also, the coordinators circulated and shared deck plans and reminded them of the location and time of the ceremony.

There was a water cooler but nobody really went over to it. We were all brought to a "pre-boarding" area around 11:15 (everyone except the bride) and then waited for the final ok. This seemed weird but when I asked the coordinator about it, she shared that it was to separate the wedding party from the arriving FTTF and Platinum guests so that the wedding party boarded first. One coordinator went with the groom to a room and the other held back a few minutes and took the bride to her cabin on a separate route.

From 11:30ish until 12:30, the guests all wandered the ship, had a drink or two (non-sailing guests can use a credit card for purchases) and then made their way to the ceremony venue around 12:30 for a 1pm start time.

It was smooth, laid back and went quickly without being rushed. I really would concern myself with the drinks. I believe it would be more trouble than it is worth. I am sure your guests will get over it and not be bummed. they wouldn't allow the coffee or water through security anyways.

Thank you so much for the information about how guests will be able to purchase drinks at the bars while they are waiting for the ceremony/reception to start. Many of my guests have been inquiring about that.

Royal Caribbean brides... just wondering if any of you had a small wedding on board? If so did you find it expensive?

We were looking at the Just Us package but then got told we couldn't have any guests so I asked if I could get a package with the same inclusions as the Just Us package with maximum of 7 guest. I was told I had to upgrade to the Ultimate Love Story package so an extra $3000 for 7 people. Needless to say we are not getting married on board but the cruise will be our honeymoon.

49 days until the I Do's!!!!! I'm getting so excited already!!! Trying to wrap up the guest list with those last minute people. Dress fitting was last week and I just have a couple more things to get done. YAY!!!!!

49 days until the I Do's!!!!! I'm getting so excited already!!! Trying to wrap up the guest list with those last minute people. Dress fitting was last week and I just have a couple more things to get done. YAY!!!!!

Very exciting! Please share your details, looks like I missed your previous posts. My FH and I are in the beginning phases, waiting on deployment dates for the sailings. I can't wait and we don't even have a date yet!:p

18 days out and royal romance informs me they are cutting reception by a half hour. We've had an awful experience with them. They change information constantly as well as bounce us to different people and continue to not answer e-mails.

OH NO! What was the reasoning behind the change and how long was your reception slated for? This is really unfortunate! Was it being held as part of a restaurant buyout?

18 days out and royal romance informs me they are cutting reception by a half hour. We've had an awful experience with them. They change information constantly as well as bounce us to different people and continue to not answer e-mails.

Wow... That seems truly unacceptable to me. As a Carnival bride I'm not sure what sort of package you bought through them and how it works, but it doesn't seem okay to me that they'd be ok to cut 30 minutes out like that less than 30 days before the wedding!!!! A half hour is a long time!!! I seriously hope this gets resolved. If not, I'm sure it will be a happy day regardless. I'm just so sorry for this. I don't understand how they can do that.

Dumb question: When do you take wedding pictures?? I'm getting married while the ship is in port while in Galveston. I can't imagine when there would be any time before the ceremony or reception, but I'm also hoping they won't be after the reception because I will probably have sweated my makeup off, my hair will probably fall out, and let's be honest I'll be tipsy.

I am getting married on RC's Allure of the Seas. I was told that pictures will be taken immediately after the ceremony. However, after speaking to them, I thought about the fact that it means less time at the reception and with nonsailing guests.

Can anyone on Royal Caribbean chime in about this? I have an hour reception planned. I know it will be rushed, but most people are sailing and I don't really have a wedding party.

We just got married on R.C in March. We had 10 non sailing guests and got married before the ship left. We were told that we were going to be on the ship by 11 and married around 12:30 so that we had time for me to get dressed and my kids well.... right from day one it was pretty much a nightmare :( e-mails were not returned, then when I finally did hear from someone the questions were vaguely answered, then I didn't hear from anyone for a long stretch of time (we book almost 2 years in advance) I called them and they were like oh the lady you were dealing with has taken a medical leave (this was like 3 months after I was sending e-mails) then finally someone started writing me back and then the e-mails stopped again so I had to facebook message R.C to find out what was going on. I think it was about 6m out that I was finally hearing back almost every time I e-mailed. We got the old prices thank goodness because the new prices are double for less then what we got. So we did not get on the Ship until 12:15pm. So my hair dresser was doing everyone's hair in the pier and we had to get the kids dressed in the bathroom at the pier so my cousin got out his camera and started taking all kinds of pictures in the pier of before the wedding. We were told that we would board for everyone else and I was planning on taking some pictures then but now we were shoved on the cruise with everyone else -so all my suitcases and dress and my kids stuff trying to get on the ship with all these other people and If I didn't know the ship and know where everything was I would have been lost and never made it to my room. The Ceremony was wonderful and so was our minister - We got married in Dazzles and was beautiful. my cousin came to our room and did some quick pictures of me and the kids and bridesmaids and groomsmen and my husband. the wedding Coordinator called me around 12:30 and asked if I was ready I told her no she she gave me another 10mins till she came and got me. the reception was not what I had ordered we were missing a bunch of things and my son has an allergy and they told me they would have stuff for him and they didn't. We did not get the music as it was too much money and we did not get very much time at the reception because we were off around the ship taking pictures (we were so rushed because we had to get everything done before the ship left). All in all it was a fun time and have someone else taking pictures as well because we only got 10 I think and after that they are like $30.00 a picture- I wish we had the money because our photographer was amazing! and he got so many good shots but it was over $1500 for all of them. I will try and attach some pictures.

Edited by cruisingwedding

Wait - you tried to get your hair and makeup done at the pier...? And you weren't told that everyone but the bride and groom need to be ready in advance...?

It sounds like you had a good time regardless - I'm glad you made the best out of the situation.

Wait - you tried to get your hair and makeup done at the pier...? And you weren't told that everyone but the bride and groom need to be ready in advance...?

It sounds like you had a good time regardless - I'm glad you made the best out of the situation.

we had to do our hair in the pier (just mine) (we set it the night before) and my hairdresser did my hair while we were standing in the pier and then we had left over time that she touched up everyone else's hair as well because we had so much time just sitting there waiting to be boarded so I was a little stresses out to say the least lol! nope everyone else who was going with us was to be ready but we would have time to get ready once we boarded.

we did have the most amazing time we had 30 people there plus 10 non sailing :)

we had to do our hair in the pier (just mine) (we set it the night before) and my hairdresser did my hair while we were standing in the pier and then we had left over time that she touched up everyone else's hair as well because we had so much time just sitting there waiting to be boarded so I was a little stresses out to say the least lol! nope everyone else who was going with us was to be ready but we would have time to get ready once we boarded.

we did have the most amazing time we had 30 people there plus 10 non sailing :)

We set sail in 18 days - 46 sailing (54 total, but not all are attending the wedding) and 72 non sailing. I'm getting my hair and makeup done in my salon that morning and then heading straight to the pier.

I can't believe, after over a year of planning, it's almost here!

I have 14 days till set sail on Carnival Victory for our embarkment day wedding! I feel like I'm totally unprepared, but I can't be the only bride that feels that way right? We have 48 guest (including us) and 36 of them are sailing. We are so humbled that so many people are making the financial sacrifice for people to take off work and travel out of town in the middle of the week I wanted to have a great wedding favor to show our appreciation. I cut the budget everywhere I could (including ordering a wedding dress from china which totally had it's highs and lows), and was able to afford 30oz Yeti tumblers with an anchor and our wedding date for all of the guest.... Now I'm trying to figure out how the heck I get that many on the boat!! Anyone have any tips? Maybe a wheely cart thing? Maybe a suitcase with just those that wheels? If I did either one of those could one of my non-sailing guest take the wheely thing back off the boat so I don't have it in my room all week? Any advise would be great! Also should I still do little over the night bags for each of the sailing rooms?

I have 14 days till set sail on Carnival Victory for our embarkment day wedding! I feel like I'm totally unprepared, but I can't be the only bride that feels that way right? We have 48 guest (including us) and 36 of them are sailing. We are so humbled that so many people are making the financial sacrifice for people to take off work and travel out of town in the middle of the week I wanted to have a great wedding favor to show our appreciation. I cut the budget everywhere I could (including ordering a wedding dress from china which totally had it's highs and lows), and was able to afford 30oz Yeti tumblers with an anchor and our wedding date for all of the guest.... Now I'm trying to figure out how the heck I get that many on the boat!! Anyone have any tips? Maybe a wheely cart thing? Maybe a suitcase with just those that wheels? If I did either one of those could one of my non-sailing guest take the wheely thing back off the boat so I don't have it in my room all week? Any advise would be great! Also should I still do little over the night bags for each of the sailing rooms?

Yes your non-sailing guests can bring bags on for you and then taking the empty one off should be no problem. :) Everyone sailing and non sailing can bring on a carryon.

Hello future brides! I just got married last week on the Carnival Ecstasy in Charleston. It was a GREAT experience. Stop stressing! We were married in port on embarkation day with the Time to Celebrate BIG package. We had 75 guests with 33 of them sailing. We only had two attendants, a MOH and BM. Boarding the ship was a slow process but we enjoyed talking and the air conditioned buses that they gathered us in were nice. I brought all of my decorations, guestbook, programs and favors in a Rubbermaid tub and assigned someone to carry it. Once onboard I explained the items to the wedding coordinator and she set them all up. I brought my dress in it's garment bag and assigned several strong men to help carry it. My MOH also got dressed on the ship since there were just the two of us. Once onboard we had just enough time to get dressed and then it was time to go! Someone asked about pictures on this thread. Pictures are taken in your stateroom about 20 mins before the ceremony, during the ceremony, after the ceremony (formal shots with guests), during the reception and be ready for a loooooong photo shoot after the reception. We took pictures before and after the muster drill and finished just in time for dinner. Everything was great. We brought our own minister. The pacing of everything was great. I had been worried that the reception was too short, but I think it was the perfect amount of time. The photos are beautiful and I loved being able to have them to show to everyone the last night at dinner. We bought the smallest package and bought a $3 photo album onboard to put the pictures in (photo albums are on sale the last sailing day). We also bought the video. There were a few hiccups, but Carnival has done a good job resolving them. Be prepared for everyone on the ship to know you are the newly weds and have lots of attention. Also, go to the Love and Marriage game on the last day. The questions were embarrassing to answer in front of family but still fun! I am going to try to figure out how to upload some of my pictures. Let me know if you have questions!

Hello future brides! I just got married last week on the Carnival Ecstasy in Charleston. It was a GREAT experience. Stop stressing! We were married in port on embarkation day with the Time to Celebrate BIG package. We had 75 guests with 33 of them sailing. We only had two attendants, a MOH and BM. Boarding the ship was a slow process but we enjoyed talking and the air conditioned buses that they gathered us in were nice. I brought all of my decorations, guestbook, programs and favors in a Rubbermaid tub and assigned someone to carry it. Once onboard I explained the items to the wedding coordinator and she set them all up. I brought my dress in it's garment bag and assigned several strong men to help carry it. My MOH also got dressed on the ship since there were just the two of us. Once onboard we had just enough time to get dressed and then it was time to go! Someone asked about pictures on this thread. Pictures are taken in your stateroom about 20 mins before the ceremony, during the ceremony, after the ceremony (formal shots with guests), during the reception and be ready for a loooooong photo shoot after the reception. We took pictures before and after the muster drill and finished just in time for dinner. Everything was great. We brought our own minister. The pacing of everything was great. I had been worried that the reception was too short, but I think it was the perfect amount of time. The photos are beautiful and I loved being able to have them to show to everyone the last night at dinner. We bought the smallest package and bought a $3 photo album onboard to put the pictures in (photo albums are on sale the last sailing day). We also bought the video. There were a few hiccups, but Carnival has done a good job resolving them. Be prepared for everyone on the ship to know you are the newly weds and have lots of attention. Also, go to the Love and Marriage game on the last day. The questions were embarrassing to answer in front of family but still fun! I am going to try to figure out how to upload some of my pictures. Let me know if you have questions!

Thanks for sharing, sounds like you had an amazing experience. Can't wait to see your pictures!

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your pictures!

What a great review! Thanks for sharing...sounds like you all had a WONDERFUL time! Congrats :D