2016 Brides!

It is actually true and your PVP (the person who booked your cruise) will link your cabins all together and then you will be arranged accordingly at dinner. I plan on contacting the Maitre d' to let them know who we would specifically like to dine with. For example, our little boy isn't in our room but we would prefer to have him at our dinner table. I have to check another forum for the Maitre d' email addresses for carnival but plan on doing it when we are 1 month out.

Thank you!

I looked it up but thought i would post here for my fellow Carnival cruisers. Just in case...

The email is the "code" (below) then maitred@carnival.com (no spaces) for the Maitre' d.

Steakhouse the same way…brsteakhouse@carnival.com

Here are the codes:

CQ Conquest

IS Inspiration

GL Glory

LE Legend

VA Valor

IM Imagination

LI Liberty

VI Victory

PR Pride

MI Miracle

DE Destiny

BR Breeze

PA Paradise

DR Dream

TI Triumph

SE Sensation

EC Ecstacy

SP Spirit

FA Fantasy

SL Splendor

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies :)

It has been awhile since I posted...we were in the waiting stage for awhile there. As of today we have 40 guests booked! We are overwhelmed with excitement and gratitude to our family/friends because we really didn't expect that many people! I think we will end up with around 45/maybe 50 max.

I got my wedding dress this weekend!!! I went into it with a tiny budget but the more research my mom and I did we learned that wasn't going to work. I ended up going back to the most wonderful boutique in Fredericksburg, VA to get my dress! It's a beautiful (literally the PRETTIEST thing I have ever seen in my life) art deco type dress. I don't want to post any pictures of it because I know some family members and friends have been reading my posts on these boards (Laura ;)). If anyone lives near VA you should really really go to this store! It's been on some type of "say yes to the dress" shows I think...but mostly it was just the greatest experience. They sang to me when I chose my dress and treated me like the only bride around. If you want the name just let me know!

I'm on to bridesmaid dresses now...I promised my girls I would keep them under $100. I probably should have done more research before I said that but I will stick to my word haha.

We have a little over 7 months until the big day! Lots of little things to purchase/accomplish but I can honestly say this process has been extremely easy so far. We are also in the middle of purchasing a house so I am extremely glad we chose to go the cruise wedding route!

Some things I am concerned/anxious about:

-Makeup...I am fairly confident in my own makeup skills but it will be the fourth day of the cruise in St. Thomas so I don't want it to melt off. I also have no clue how to apply fake eyelashes and yes, I have watched TONS of videos on it.

-Rehearsal...since our wedding is on the fourth day I am hoping they will let us rehearse at least once before then. I know people have talked about it on these boards but I honestly have read so much it all blurs together and I can't remember peoples experiences with that.

-The day of courthouse adventure...the ship doesn't dock until 11:00 in St. Thomas. I was told we will be picked up at 11:30 to go to the courthouse to get our marriage license. She said it never takes more than an hour so we would be back by 12:30. I already made it clear that a 1:30 ceremony is absolutely not enough time because I will need to get my hair and makeup touched up (or completely redone...depending on the weather in St. Thomas that day) and I will need to get dressed. The reason we chose to not have a embarkation day wedding is because I did not want to feel rushed in any way whatsoever...but now I am nervous this is going to cause us to be rushed. I want to spend time getting ready and enjoying that time with my family and bridesmaids. She said she will make sure we have at least 2 hours from when we return to the ship until the ceremony. That would put the ceremony at 2:30. I asked her to try for 3 or 3:30 but we obviously won't know anything for sure until right before the cruise!

Anyway--these are just some of my current thoughts! Hope everyone else's planning is going well!

I am doing an onboard wedding in Nassau, my brother is unable to sail because of a new position at work. I found out a few days ago that he can fly to the Bahamas and come on the ship for the entire time we are docked. Yay! I couldn't imagine saying I do without my brother giving me away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ladies :)

Some things I am concerned/anxious about:

-Makeup...I am fairly confident in my own makeup skills but it will be the fourth day of the cruise in St. Thomas so I don't want it to melt off. I also have no clue how to apply fake eyelashes and yes, I have watched TONS of videos on it.

I used a setting spray from ulta to set my make up. I tried it out over the summer in the hottest weather at outdoor events to make sure it held and it did. It was about half the price of the Urban Decay spray. I put it on under my makeup and over as well. As for fake eyelashes I opted for the fiber mascara instead because I knew I would get bothered by the fake eyelashes if they weren't perfect and I didn't want to pay for the lash extensions.

I used a setting spray from ulta to set my make up. I tried it out over the summer in the hottest weather at outdoor events to make sure it held and it did. It was about half the price of the Urban Decay spray. I put it on under my makeup and over as well. As for fake eyelashes I opted for the fiber mascara instead because I knew I would get bothered by the fake eyelashes if they weren't perfect and I didn't want to pay for the lash extensions.

Glad to know that I am not the only one who cannot apply falsies!

In just came upon this thread by accident! First off congrats to all of the brides!

In my experience, ( I'm a makeup artist), fibre mascaras flake like crazy, and in the heat can actually start to curve downward.

Best way to apply false lashes: squeeze out some glue, use an eyeliner brush and apply glue to your eyelid lash line as if it were eyeliner. Let it become tacky, then position your strip lashes on top.

Try it a few times way easier than putting glue on lashes themselves, particularly if you are a beginner

Sent from my Arc using Forums mobile app

In just came upon this thread by accident! First off congrats to all of the brides!

In my experience, ( I'm a makeup artist), fibre mascaras flake like crazy, and in the heat can actually start to curve downward.

Best way to apply false lashes: squeeze out some glue, use an eyeliner brush and apply glue to your eyelid lash line as if it were eyeliner. Let it become tacky, then position your strip lashes on top.

Try it a few times way easier than putting glue on lashes themselves, particularly if you are a beginner

Nice tip, thanks!

We are 59 days from the big day!! We can't wait to say "I Do!" aboard the Carnival Freedom on April 30th. I'm totally excited and can't wait for a vacation!

We are finalizing the details for our welcome dinner party which we have decided to hold at the Marriott that we are staying in for convenience. We are having a buffet style dinner, drinks and a live musician in order to achieve that laid-back mingle and have a good time feeling. We only have 16 sailing out of our 50 guests so we wanted to make sure we had the opportunity to spend time with all of them.

I still have quite a few things to do (and making this list is setting off a little stress!):

• Find wedding make-up. Going to try MAC - any other suggestions?
  • Complete personalized Tumblers for OOT bags
  • Complete centerpieces for the welcome dinner
  • Create slideshow for welcome dinner
  • Come up with flower girl dresses - 7 & 8 years old and the oldest hates dresses!!
  • Attend my last dress fitting
  • Break in my wedding shoes
  • Find a veil - thinking birdcage - where can I get one cheap?
  • Get a tan - anyone experienced with spray tan? Will it rub off on my dress?
  • Order wedding bands - I can't believe this isn't done yet!

I thought I was ahead of the game when I started this journey 12 months ago. But now being just 2 month out I feel like I have procrastinated on a few too many things! I guess the time just crept up on me :D

My daughter is sailing on the Carnival Magic this December and getting married while in St. Thomas. Does anyone know if the Carnival salon does hair and makeup? And do you know if the wedding bouquet she gets while at the wedding site is able to be brought back on the ship for the reception? I did hear that she won't be able to take her bouquet off the ship when she gets back to port.

Ahhhhh thank you! I'm gonna have to go get some and try it out. I have little to no eyelashes so I'm just gonna have to practice fake ones until I get it I suppose haha

This is perfect! Thank you so much for the tips :)

My daughter is sailing on the Carnival Magic this December and getting married while in St. Thomas. Does anyone know if the Carnival salon does hair and makeup? And do you know if the wedding bouquet she gets while at the wedding site is able to be brought back on the ship for the reception? I did hear that she won't be able to take her bouquet off the ship when she gets back to port.

Congrats to your daughter! I am also getting married on the Magic in St. Thomas! Our wedding is October 11th so I'm sure I'll be able to answer some questions for you after our wedding. I know the Carnival salon does hair. I have heard mixed answers on the makeup...I have heard that they do not do makeup and that they will do your makeup if you bring your own supplies. I'm not sure on the wedding bouquet though!

I looked it up but thought i would post here for my fellow Carnival cruisers. Just in case...

The email is the "code" (below) then maitred@carnival.com (no spaces) for the Maitre' d.

Steakhouse the same way…brsteakhouse@carnival.com

Here are the codes:

CQ Conquest

IS Inspiration

GL Glory

LE Legend

VA Valor

IM Imagination

LI Liberty

VI Victory

PR Pride

MI Miracle

DE Destiny

BR Breeze

PA Paradise

DR Dream

TI Triumph

SE Sensation

EC Ecstacy

SP Spirit

FA Fantasy

SL Splendor

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

Would Magic be MA then?

Ladies I am 30 short days away from saying I DO on the Carnival Magic! I have mostly everything done. I need to paint my card box and wait for other things to arrive in the mail.

I do have a question though: are any of you ladies going to spray tan or self tan? Any experience with that on a cruise? Best products if you do self tan?

Thank you!

Ladies I am 30 short days away from saying I DO on the Carnival Magic! I have mostly everything done. I need to paint my card box and wait for other things to arrive in the mail.

I do have a question though: are any of you ladies going to spray tan or self tan? Any experience with that on a cruise? Best products if you do self tan?

Thank you!

Congratulations! 30 days out is so exciting!

I spray tanned once (the kind where the lady actually used a hand-held machine to airbrush my whole body) last October for a beach trip (and also to test it out for my wedding cruise this October) and the results were great, BUT sadly only lasted for about the first 3 days. It faded really quickly. I would recommend it but it can be kind of costly for it not to last very long. But for someone who is so fair as I am, it was nice to have a bronzed look on the beach that first day in Florida.

I have not tried any self-tanning products but am looking forward to seeing anyone else's recommendations on here!

Congratulations! 30 days out is so exciting!

I spray tanned once (the kind where the lady actually used a hand-held machine to airbrush my whole body) last October for a beach trip (and also to test it out for my wedding cruise this October) and the results were great, BUT sadly only lasted for about the first 3 days. It faded really quickly. I would recommend it but it can be kind of costly for it not to last very long. But for someone who is so fair as I am, it was nice to have a bronzed look on the beach that first day in Florida.

I have not tried any self-tanning products but am looking forward to seeing anyone else's recommendations on here!

Thank you! It snuck up on me!

I too have done the spray tan where a person did it, i really liked it, just didn't know how logical it was to get done on a cruise. I have heard of people doing it and taking stuff to keep it up (like another self tanner) but i am also terrified that I will look awful on my wedding day. lol

Are you in the Houston area? I know of 2 GREAT spray tan companies that do bridal spray tans. And several good bridal makeup artists but they're all in the Houston area.

Another lady on these boards recommended Tradesy to me to look for a used veil or dress on the cheap.

Put your wedding party to work on the rest;)

We are 59 days from the big day!! We can't wait to say "I Do!" aboard the Carnival Freedom on April 30th. I'm totally excited and can't wait for a vacation!

We are finalizing the details for our welcome dinner party which we have decided to hold at the Marriott that we are staying in for convenience. We are having a buffet style dinner, drinks and a live musician in order to achieve that laid-back mingle and have a good time feeling. We only have 16 sailing out of our 50 guests so we wanted to make sure we had the opportunity to spend time with all of them.

I still have quite a few things to do (and making this list is setting off a little stress!):

• Come up with flower girl dresses - 7 & 8 years old and the oldest hates dresses!!

I thought I was ahead of the game when I started this journey 12 months ago. But now being just 2 month out I feel like I have procrastinated on a few too many things! I guess the time just crept up on me :D

With our ceremony 18 days away, we are going to check out the ship this morning. I am going with my mom and Aunt. I was hoping to have had our final call by now so I would know our venue but that is not the kind of luck that I have. Any questions about the Victory or the tour process I can answer? My main question is that we just had someone book - last night. She is joining in a room of someone who made it to the guest list on time. Not sure how this will work. Obviously they will let her (them) on but - I am not interested in sorting out details or being delayed for any reason on the big day. I am sure this has happened before so I am hoping Carnval will just handle everything on their part and I won't need to think about it again.

With our ceremony 18 days away, we are going to check out the ship this morning. I am going with my mom and Aunt. I was hoping to have had our final call by now so I would know our venue but that is not the kind of luck that I have. Any questions about the Victory or the tour process I can answer? My main question is that we just had someone book - last night. She is joining in a room of someone who made it to the guest list on time. Not sure how this will work. Obviously they will let her (them) on but - I am not interested in sorting out details or being delayed for any reason on the big day. I am sure this has happened before so I am hoping Carnval will just handle everything on their part and I won't need to think about it again.

I had friends of our wedding guests that had booked the cruise and weren't supposed to come to the wedding - well they ALL came! Carnival won't know the difference once they are on the ship! Maybe if your guest list had 20 and like 60 were there it might look funny! We had 100 so nobody even noticed 10 more or so!

Well! I got my final call today as I am home sick with the flu. Thankfully I am dealing with this now instead of two weeks from now!

We learned we are in the Caribbean Show Lounge (the main theater) for our ceremony. Not what I wanted but I will just have to get used to it. I think for 75 people, it is just too big. Also, we will have our reception two decks up and all the way at the back since we booked the nightclub. I suppose if this is the biggest issue, we will be fine. It just wasn't my first choice.

Other than that, everything else we spoke about was old news. We went over our menu and reception outline and timeline and that was pretty much it.

14 days from this moment, we will be arriving at Port Canaveral to begin our adventure!!

We are getting married on Carnival Liberty in Galveston on April 23rd... And I've still got a million things to do too.

We found amazingly affordable flower girl dresses on etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/207141406/ivory-jade-pictured-flower-girl-dress?ref=related-1

I got a bird cage veil and hair clip on Amazon. Very reasonable and looks fantastic. Search Leslie Li. She has lots of choices.

Our jeweler said the grooms band only takes 4 days so I'm meeting him next week. There are a lot of little details I wanted to do but am not going to kill myself trying to get it all done.

I hope you have a fantastic wedding!

I. Bought my makeup at ultra. The house brand held up great with the ultra setting spray under and over it